• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was saving his meter for Invisible Inc.

Also at some point you need to look for reasons other than you liking a game because then it ends in a 2 hours stalemate where two people haven't played the other game but feel really strongly about their game and so they just keep saying they like it and it goes nowhere

Right, and I understand that, but you can use your passion about something to express why it is good. If I was on the discussion, and I was trying to defend something like Undertale for best story, I would've been more quick to point out some of the really crazy way it subverted my expectations, and just played with the narrative. It seemed so cut and dry at first, and still maintains that on some level, but it also is expansive in a way I had never seen done so well in a game before. It almost is hard to comprehend when you try to look at the big picture, which is why I feel like it wasn't given a proper defense. 5 minutes was way too short a time to be talking about that game, that's for sure.

Anyone know if Square Enix's online store does release day delivery?

Try'na scalp this ultimate collectors edition because I'm garbage

The best way to surf giantbomb.com is through f1.cool

QqKr6ed.png

the front page of the steam store is somehow even harder to browse than normal right now because it's loaded with VR stuff

like look, I'm happy for you guys, but get that shit out of my face if I don't have the hardware

e: and Maple Story, how the fuck is Maple Story a going concern in 2016

e2: wait, it now says No Mans Sky launches the same day as PS4? is that right?

Brashnir

the front page of the steam store is somehow even harder to browse than normal right now because it's loaded with VR stuff

like look, I'm happy for you guys, but get that shit out of my face if I don't have the hardware

e: and Maple Story, how the fuck is Maple Story a going concern in 2016

The Steam user experience has been on a long downward spiral for years. It's really circling the drain with this VR stuff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I honestly don't think artorias was that hard. Got him down pretty easily with my 2 handed Capra demon sword build.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm reliving Vinny's struggle against Artorias after my own assisted victory today. Watching the full video almost makes me wish I'd toughed it out.

That boss took me so long that I had to completely change my playstyle and ended up wanting to start a new run immediately because I realized how bad I'd been up to that point. I banged my head against that wall and the DLC dragon for what felt like days.

how is it with a controller? if the answer is "good" I'll probably pick it up

e: screw it, I'll get it anyway

Very solid. PC has an adjustable auto-aim that makes you feel like you're in control but also helps with the lack of mouse precision. My biggest problem is that the steam controller always thinks I'm clicking the trackpad down when I'm not trying to, and that causes me to use the blanks more than I'd want.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Gungeon is fucking dope for real. It's like Rogue Legacy and Nuclear Throne had a love baby.

I haven't passed the second chamber yet and I'm loving it regardless. Some fucking awesome guns (my favorite so far is the Fightsabre, a machine gun that turns into a bullet-deflecting lightsaber when you reload).

Tubobutts

Seeing Vinny's new avatar on the Twitter thing on giantbomb.com confused me for a second because I used to use that picture as my steam avatar and giantbomb avatar. And then I realized it's even weirder because it's a picture of him, but I associate it with myself.

I haven't passed the second chamber yet and I'm loving it regardless. Some fucking awesome guns (my favorite so far is the Fightsabre, a machine gun that turns into a bullet-deflecting lightsaber when you reload).

The most I reached was the boss of the third chamber. There's also pretty interesting individuals you meet up with randomly that do all sorts of things and things that are not clear,
for example that shortcut guy, I still don't know what the fuck he wants. He keeps telling me to meet him at Chamber 2 but I never find him.

It definitely is a game that has a ton of secrets and hidden things.

e: I also don't know what the shrines and altars do.

Doop

The most I reached was the boss of the third chamber. There's also pretty interesting individuals you meet up with randomly that do all sorts of things and things that are not clear,
for example that shortcut guy, I still don't know what the fuck he wants. He keeps telling me to meet him at Chamber 2 but I never find him.

It definitely is a game that has a ton of secrets and hidden things.

I was confused about where to find him too, but
he's in a hole that's left by the entrance elevator when it leaves.

It's a fantastic game. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for all the dumb gun puns they came up with. So far my favorite gun name is the "VertebraeK-47"

I was confused about where to find him too, but
he's in a hole that's left by the entrance elevator when it leaves.

It's a fantastic game. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for all the dumb gun puns they came up with. So far my favorite gun name is the "VertebraeK-47"

I kind of had the feeling after seeing
a sticker
but I didn't want to risk losing my health lol. My favorite gun is the lower case r that shoots B U L L E T S and keeps repeat talking bulletsbulletsbulletsbullets while shooting.

I left a gun at a statue that told me to "Lay down my arms" got back and got a note saying "Thanks for the weapon chump"
Game of the Year (Gungeon)

As far as I know,
that's the fucking rat that steals whatever you leave behind in a room when you go to another room.
Other then that, the altars, shrines and that room with the fireplace do things but I'm not sure what exactly.

Tested hired Simone Giertz, a weird robot builder, that I was surprised to find out is Swedish. Yet another Scandinavian that speaks English with an almost perfect American accent.

yami4ct

Neogaf has been misbehaving for me all day. I legit thought my ISP might've accidentally blocked Gaf for me for a bit. That was a weird moment.

Watching the GBEast Kerbal Wrap Up/Watch Party archive got me to download KSP 1.1 and a bunch of mods finally. Let's take some dummies to the Mun.

EDIT: HTTPS problems still? I guess that's why it was down for me but Downforeveryone told me it was just my end. Good to know.

Tubobutts

I still don't like Swedish people not having funny accents. In addition to learning that when I met Swedish people, I watched an interview with a Swedish band and they just sounded like Americans. Why would the muppets lie to me?

Myggen

I still don't like Swedish people not having funny accents. In addition to learning that when I met Swedish people, I watched an interview with a Swedish band and they just sounded like Americans. Why would the muppets lie to me?

There's still plenty of Swedes and other Scandinavians with funny accents, don't you worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom