• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Hope Alex delivers on that PowerBombCast soon.

We need more wrestling.

swE7gwK.gif

Tested hired Simone Giertz, a weird robot builder, that I was surprised to find out is Swedish. Yet another Scandinavian that speaks English with an almost perfect American accent.

I just looked her up on youtube and the first video I watched was her pulling pieces of shit out of her backed up septic tank while repeatedly gagging.

Subscribed.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching a model kit review video on youtube and the guy is putting his hand on the back of the thing so that the zoom and focus works properly.... Dammit Jeff..

Megasoum

Banned
God dammit... I'm searching for some beginners model kit video and the first page of results is all Gunpla and Vaping.... I fucking hate the internet sometimes lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See, I don't mind vaping really, but much like weed, I keep feeling "does there need to be a community around this" and "does the community has to be like this?"

Also enjoyed austin's talk with heather alexandra about the division, though I find it amusing that they think sleeping dogs is a good example of showing both the criminal side and police side and the conflict of trying to follow either one, because I think that part is kind of bad? Wei shen is like the most schizophrenic person I've seen in games.

See, I don't mind vaping really, but much like weed, I keep feeling "does there need to be a community around this" and "does the community has to be like this?"

Also enjoyed austin's talk with heather alexandra about the division, though I find it amusing that they think sleeping dogs is a good example of showing both the criminal side and police side and the conflict of trying to follow either one, because I think that part is kind of bad? Wei shen is like the most schizophrenic person I've seen in games.

Frankly, when something goes from "a thing you like" to "a thing that identifies you" it's going to lead to problems. Because if I were to say "I think smoking weed is dumb" that's no longer me disagreeing with something you do, rather it becomes an attack on who you are.

santeesioux

A guy I went to high school with was a Bigfoot Witness on the newest episode of that Finding Bigfoot show, that's pretty trippy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Frankly, when something goes from "a thing you like" to "a thing that identifies you" it's going to lead to problems. Because if I were to say "I think smoking weed is dumb" that's no longer me disagreeing with something you do, rather it becomes an attack on who you are.

Eh, at some point, just do what you love you know? I've certainly been and are in communities which will make people go "Does there need to be a community around it" and "Does it have to be like this?"

jgminto

I went back and watched the I Am Alive QL since its on PS+ and I had completely forgotten how big a disaster that whole thing was. I forgot how excited I was about the original concept too. If it was successful it would have gotten out ahead of the entire survival game boom as well, it's so insane to think about.

Jintor

seems true to the heroic bloodshed genre then

Fjolle

Tested hired Simone Giertz, a weird robot builder, that I was surprised to find out is Swedish. Yet another Scandinavian that speaks English with an almost perfect American accent.

Oh. That's awesome for her. She has a really nice attitude to making stuff.

I wonder how they will fix her visa.

Yeah, my experience is that Scandinavians really like the word "fuck", me included. Danes and Norwegians don't really understand each other very well even though our written languages are pretty much identical, so you'll hear a lot of funny accents and cursing if you're ever at a place where there's a lot of us trying to communicate, like at a music festival.

Truth. I resort to speaking english if i have to do anything more complicated than ordering a cheeseburger in Norwegian or Swedish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom