• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that thread is pretty amazing right now. I remember when same happened with Metal Gear. I think people were hoping for MGS4 on 360 but got some shirts instead.

I hope all the people that were angry about GB not understanding the weird press release are now over there since Beastcast finally got corrected.

Xiraiya

The Baldur's Gate stuff is interesting, I would have to look up what context exactly that character appears in to really know for sure what I think.

But as someone who still enjoys a few very old RPGs like Arcanum and trying to imagine what it'd be like to see new content added.

I feel like the only way you can go wrong with adding a character like that is by making their existence a reference to current events, because then you have a weird "dating" issue going on and I get how playing this older game and being like "Yeah fantastic, new content!" and then seeing references to modern day things in some capacity taking you out of the experience and that being a weird sort of bummer.

I mean really my thought is only crazy people could have an inherent issue with a trans character, that should be fine and within the bounds of most "fantasy lore", but I can definitely see how a character being added specifically to be a reference and not just... a character like everyone else, could really rub people the wrong way regardless of their personal beliefs.

If that is indeed what they did.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
1,width=500,height=500,appearanceId=2,version=1460096327.png

Dank soul.

Xater

Welcome back.

Thanks. It still smells the same in here.

Hmm, think I might pass then. Again, liked endless space, but I feel like it's a bit too streamlined for my taste.

Just wait for Stellaris like the rest of us....

People working themselves into a frenzy for 'big news' announcements never fails to amuse me.

Whenever someone announces 'big news' are coming, I just assume it's not going to be big at all. That usually works out for me.

The contrast between their Sad Affleck tweet (a rare case of meme-related social media marketing that isn't a disaster) and that monstrosity is fucking hilarious. Both ends of the spectrum right there.

Xater

The contrast between their Sad Affleck tweet (a rare case of meme-related social media marketing that isn't a disaster) and that monstrosity is fucking hilarious. Both ends of the spectrum right there.

I didn't care for either. The marketing for DS3 is pretty bad in general. Just look at the streaming fiasko.

why did they change how illusory walls work in dark souls 2? why? I spent like half the game slashing at walls only to find out that im supposed to press a button like its wolf3d and shit

also, did drew ever go into detail as to why he didn't love halo 5? I picked it up for $15 recently and man, at least MP-wise this is like the tightest halo game i've played and might be in the running for my favorite online shooter of this gen. Hell, even the unlock system for Warzone is really enjoyable as the Req system is basically chests and chests are always amazing.

of course i haven't played the campaign yet so maybe that's were the problems lie

Xiraiya

why did they change how illusory walls work in dark souls 2? why? I spent like half the game slashing at walls only to find out that im supposed to press a button like its wolf3d and shit

Because it was made by different people.

Miyazaki was working on Bloodborne while Shibuya and another guy did DS2.

Enter the Gungeon seems really good. I think the key thing they got right is that it's fun to even fight through the normal dudes in a level, which is something BoI:R fundamentally fucked up. Every update that has happened to Rebirth (and Afterbirth) has just resulted in making playing the early levels of that game a horrible unfun slog.

interested in seeing how the QL turns out.

demidar

Enter the Gungeon seems really good. I think the key thing they got right is that it's fun to even fight through the normal dudes in a level, which is something BoI:R fundamentally fucked up. Every update that has happened to Rebirth (and Afterbirth) has just resulted in making playing the early levels of that game a horrible unfun slog.

I feel the same way about Nuclear Throne. The first 7 or so levels is really boring and a chore to play. It's not fatal enough like Spelunky to keep interesting.

Yeah, an underpowered run in BoI is tedious as fuck. The Gungeon enemies can get a little bullet spongey depending on your weapon luck, but even then the fighting is frantic/kinetic enough to be interesting and engaging.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I feel the same way about Nuclear Throne. The first 7 or so levels is really boring and a chore to play. It's not fatal enough like Spelunky to keep interesting.

I didn't fall into Nuclear Throne as hard as I expected, but I've never even gotten past the fourth floor on that game. I was immediately better at Gungeon than I am at Nuclear Throne after a handful of hours

demidar

I didn't fall into Nuclear Throne as hard as I expected, but I've never even gotten past the fourth floor on that game. I was immediately better at Gungeon than I am at Nuclear Throne after a handful of hours

I should try Gungeon but I don't have a PS4.

Well it's a good thing, since I'm still chewing through Fire Emblem.

Any word on Vinnyvania today?

I always enjoy a good bit of (attempted) vampire killing.

Myggen

Poor Rorie and the mod team, I expect the Beastcast comment section will be a rematch from the Bombcast comment section.

DamnBoxes

Have you been past the third level on Gungeon yet?

omgkitty

Anyone else noticed the Bombcast and Beastcast not showing up in the premium feed until much later? Had it happen three times to me now.

i haven't finished the beastcast but im guessing they have strong opinions about the Rapp thing?

Good.

I thought they went a little weak on it honestly. Nothing on them but I hate the whole idea of hedging everything you say because "maybe everyone involved wasn't being an asshole". A person was fired in some relation to some dumb bullshit, fuck everyone involved.

I can at least understand Jeff's(og) stance about the corporate side of it a little more, because when it comes down to it the corporation might not care what the attention is coming from they just might not want to see any attention.

Myggen

oh, so it did go as poorly as predicted huh?

Not really, some deleted comments but civil to be that kind of discussion on the internet. Which isn't saying much but still. But the GB mods generally have little patience for discussions that turn into Gamergate shit so Rorie shut down that comment section after two mods had been trying to teach a GGer the definition of harassment :p

strafer

I still don't like Swedish people not having funny accents. In addition to learning that when I met Swedish people, I watched an interview with a Swedish band and they just sounded like Americans. Why would the muppets lie to me?

I can tell you right now that when I talk I'm not going to sound like an american.

200.gif

Let's just talk how about how fucking great Jeff Bakalar is and how much we appreciate him. I wish he would put out his Australian accent more often because that was gold.

Yes.

So the Dark Souls tweet about "Big News" was for fucking merch?

Fuck you.

Bamco pulled a Konami. Expect more stuff like that in the future however, I also wouldn't be surprised if they announced a DS remaster of sorts sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom