• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't be afraid about not liking Metroidvanias

The internet love affair with them is quite overblown. Only recently overtaken by 'Souls-like'

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Jxs7jVY.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The main character of Quantum Break is so fucking boring. Holy shit. I keep waiting for him to get interesting, and it just never happens.

Every character in this game is so boring. The only interesting characters are the faceless goons.

Ehm. I think the Xbox 360 arcade version is better though which is also backward compatible on Xbox One.

it's the worst version outside of the saturn version buttttttt if you have no other way to play it then its better than nothing.

the best SOTN versions go PSX>PSP (has more features but the new localization loses a lot of the charm)>360>Saturn

Saturn looks and runs the worst but the 360 version is missing some fmvs from it so meh.

jaina

How is there not a Quantum Break Quickook?
Either because they forgot, or because they already had the footage from Drew playing at the event.
But most likely it's because Jeff's the reviewer and he spent the last two weeks setting up and trying out VR headsets.

jaina

Thank for the link! Nah, it wasn't one of those. It was the one right before Witching Hour. It had a woman singing with a pretty good beat behind it. I'll check out the thread in a bit. Thanks again!
Oh right, that song is still missing in the OP, but I posted it at the end of the thread. Having a fun time looking them up :)

The truth always comes back around.

What, that NSMB is best suited for literal children?

Half of the stuff in the NSMB set trivializes platforming. The dumb little flutter is completely unnecessary, and wall-jumping is almost never actually used in an interesting way. Shit, even the power-up that's unique to it is a dumbed down, less interesting version of power-ups that came before and is basically a "get out of a botched jump free" card that has no skill or nuance to it. I'd say it at least looks nice, but the only time I was ever actually impressed by an NSMB game's art direction was in the Starry Night style level, and even then I'm let down because the beautiful 2D art's still surrounded by cookie-cutter 3D models. And let's not even get started on how homogenized the series has become.

That's not to say that the NSMB games aren't fun, but you know what? The things that make those games fun aren't in Mario Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom