• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
I went to a local diner for lunch today and Danny Trejo was there. My first thought was that if Dan Ryckert were present he'd already be best friends with the guy and have a part in his next movie.

Hey Myggen, can you pull the Alison discussion from the bombcast for your channel? Not the most haha thing in the world but it was a really good perspective on things from Jeff and Brad.

Myggen

Hey Myggen, can you pull the Alison discussion from the bombcast for your channel? Not the most haha thing in the world but it was a really good perspective on things from Jeff and Brad.

I'm gonna pull both the discussion from the Bombcast and the Beastcast on that later today. It's a pain in the ass to deal with the comments on those kind of videos.

FByB7AD.png

I'm gonna pull both the discussion from the Bombcast and the Beastcast on that later today. It's a pain in the ass to deal with the comments on those kind of videos.

Good luck.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I don't have enough free time to reliably listen to podcasts any more but am interested in hearing their take.

Bowlie

Banned
I've yet to listen to both podcasts, the latest GB Presents, watch the rest of the Vive stream and the Samorost QL.

Too much content

kvothe

Anybody here a big fan of the Vinnyvania series? I find it pretty dull. They rarely talk about anything other than the game, which would be fine but it's just the same game for hours and hours.

Bacon

Anybody here a big fan of the Vinnyvania series? I find it pretty dull. They rarely talk about anything other than the game, which would be fine but it's just the same game for hours and hours.

I've gotta be in the right mood for it. Which usually means I compile a big backlog of them and then blow through all of them on a lazy day off from work.

Why can't the Powerbombcast be just put up now? I am pretty sure the editing is already done and the file is uploaded if it is able to be scheduled.

Now I know how people feel must with the tiered release of Dark Souls 3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why can't the Powerbombcast be just put up now? I am pretty sure the editing is already done and the file is uploaded if it is able to be scheduled.

Now I know how people feel must with the tiered release of Dark Souls 3.

The Japanese Powerbombcast has been available for three weeks and upupdowndown has first streaming rights. It's just unfair.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The Beastcast did a great job talking about the Allison Rapp sitch. IMO the headline is that even if she didn't get fired for being harrassed or for writing her college paper or w/e, if you do enough digging eventually you'll find something, or make the situation so bad that the company will fire her if they can find a suitable excuse. The harrassment campaign absolutely was a success because if it hadn't happened, Allison's moonlighting, whatever it was, never would've come up. Sure, whatever she was doing on the side she was probably keeping secret and anonymous for a reason, but it was something that either nobody knew or everyone could happily look the other way about. But the GG fucks exposed it and as a result she was fired.

And yeah, disabling youtube comments is the way to go. No good comes from youtube comments on things like this.

The Beastcast did a great job talking about the Allison Rapp sitch. IMO the headline is that even if she didn't get fired for being harrassed or for writing her college paper or w/e, if you do enough digging eventually you'll find something, or make the situation so bad that the company will fire her if they can find a suitable excuse. The harrassment campaign absolutely was a success because if it hadn't happened, Allison's moonlighting, whatever it was, never would've come up. Sure, whatever she was doing on the side she was probably keeping secret and anonymous for a reason, but it was something that either nobody knew or everyone could happily look the other way about. But the GG fucks exposed it and as a result she was fired.

Yeah, I thought they nailed it. There are obviously things we don't know, but they keyed in on the two big mistakes that Nintendo made: leaving Alison out in the wind with zero support and firing her at such an awful time. Regardless of the details (most of which we'll probably never know), it legitimized every bit of harassment she received. And I totally get Jeff's point about a corporation's perspective, but man, it's just a real bad look for them.

Patryn

I quite like it, because the I fondly remember playing the Castlevania games as a tiny kid and not getting anywhere, because I sucked at games.

For the record, I still suck at games.

Wait, was her firing not officially due to her PG 13 modeling pics?

No, she was apparently moonlighting as a writer elsewhere under a pen name, and one of the GG harassers managed to link the pen name to her and outed the gig to Nintendo.

EDIT: Or maybe that was the gig? I dunno.

Yeah, I thought they nailed it. There are obviously things we don't know, but they keyed in on the two big mistakes that Nintendo made: leaving Alison out in the wind with zero support and firing her at such an awful time. Regardless of the details (most of which we'll probably never know), it legitimized every bit of harassment she received. And I totally get Jeff's point about a corporation's perspective, but man, it's just a real bad look for them.

The biggest issue about with the West discussion was that it seemed like they missed the later clarification that Alison provided, they weren't sure about things that she had clarified.

Patryn

GB's getting really bad at starting on time lately.

They were solid for a couple years now about being punctual, but they're reverting to the old Whiskey ways.

Ok, maybe not that bad when you could always guarantee that the show wouldn't start until at least 20 minutes past scheduled start time.

justjim89

Yo, fuck Kalameet the black dragon in the Dark Souls DLC. Can get him down to half health pretty reliably, but maybe my dodging just isn't on point enough to keep it up. The breath attack sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom