• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying Quantum Break so far but I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot with the way they handle the game-show integration. The majority of the connective tissue is between the two (so far at least) is in the optional "narrative items" in the game, emails and such. It's easy to see how the show could feel disconnected if you haven't been collecting them.

Enjoying the episodes themselves, though, and the way they flesh out the story. It's clearly low budget, but I think they put together a pretty solid production within those constraints.

Pokemon Stadium is one of those weird childhood things that exists just barely on the edge of my memory, and I almost don't want to revisit it and wind up ruining the fragmented, weird, fascinating memories I have of it.

Tubobutts

I haven't played Pokemon Stadium since it came out and I don't really remember much but it was probably great and no Giant Bomb can tell me different.

justjim89

Guys, I beat Dark Souls for the first time. I know that's not relevant to the thread, but I'm proud of myself damn it. That last boss fight is something.

Definitely wanna rewatch the last few episodes of Load Our Last Souls.

TraBuch

Banned
The problem with the last fight is he's so easy to parry. Like, arguably one of the easiest enemies in the game to parry. I usually just two hand to make it a bit more challenging.

Bowlie

Banned
Guys, I beat Dark Souls for the first time. I know that's not relevant to the thread, but I'm proud of myself damn it. That last boss fight is something.

Awesome! I need to play that DLC, only killed the first boss there.

Lucha Underground is like a video game come to life.

Someone being tossed into a volcano is something I could actually see happening in LU if they ever start doing more outdoor scenes.

I was sooooo over leveled by the time I first did the final boss thanks to the dlc and titenite grinding that i just steamrolled that dude.

Congrats though. Dark Souls 1 is a special little game.

justjim89

Awesome! I need to play that DLC, only killed the first boss there.

I really liked the DLC. Fairly straightforward, but fun and challenging bosses and a nice bit of addition to the lore and story.

I was sooooo over leveled by the time I first did the final boss thanks to the dlc and titenite grinding that i just steamrolled that dude.

Congrats though. Dark Souls 1 is a special little game.

I was about SL95, with 40 DEX and a +15 Uchigatana, and was using power within to further buff my offense. It took me less than 15 hits probably to take him down, but it took me about 20 tries to do it because I couldn't find good openings to hit or heal. Especially at first when I was going no shield, as my build was for 95% of my playthrough. But at a certain point I just needed that bit of damage mitigation.

The problem with the last fight is he's so easy to parry. Like, arguably one of the easiest enemies in the game to parry. I usually just two hand to make it a bit more challenging.

I never really did much parrying because I wasn't using a shield for my run and was 2-handing my sword, so even when I was using a shield with Gwyn I couldn't find a parry spot.

Gurrry

man i really hope there is a site revamp coming soon

they need to add all of their video features to the video tab. unprofessional fridays isnt there, demo derby isnt there, power bombcasts arent on the podcast tab, etc.

maybe im just a noob at searching on their site, but i think it would be an easy thing to implement on their end and make it much easier for members to find the exact type of video theyre looking for.

they need to add all of their video features to the video tab. unprofessional fridays isnt there, demo derby isnt there, power bombcasts arent on the podcast tab, etc.

maybe im just a noob at searching on their site, but i think it would be an easy thing to implement on their end and make it much easier for members to find the exact type of video theyre looking for.

http://qlcrew.com/

Jintor

That Project Beast Finale is really something. For all that faffing around in space, the fucking tension release when you land and don't explode is fucking glorious.

Mr. F

Banned
It would be rad if (by official means or otherwise) there was a twitch channel that just rotated through random videos and quick looks. Mega64 did something similar a while back with Mega64TV, and although it's not very active anymore it was cool just tuning into a random piece of content from the past decade and being able to chat with others who happened to be in there.

This makes me realize I rarely navigate off the home page or whatever content is rotating through the promo spots.

Jintor

It would be rad if (by official means or otherwise) there was a twitch channel that just rotated through random videos and quick looks. Mega64 did something similar a while back with Mega64TV, and although it's not very active anymore it was cool just tuning into a random piece of content and being able to chat with others who happened to be in there.

isn't that what the synctube is for?

Bowlie

Banned
It would be rad if (by official means or otherwise) there was a twitch channel that just rotated through random videos and quick looks. Mega64 did something similar a while back with Mega64TV, and although it's not very active anymore it was cool just tuning into a random piece of content from the past decade and being able to chat with others who happened to be in there.

There is something like that, but for bombcasts: http://mixlr.com/the-bombcast-rewind/

Hindl

So I was watching the Big Live Live Show from 2015, and at the beginning of Part 2 Drew was talking about how they got audio and video synced up so they could do cross coast QL and other videos. And he said this could lead to new Flight Club. Where's it at Drew?!

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Quantum Break quicklook...

I could just listen to Lance Riddick talk all day... I love his way of talking, his intonations and stuff. He has a very unique and recognizable way of talking.

Also, he was great in John Wick.... I should watch John Wick again.

Has Dan ever said if he's seen that movie? I feel like this is right up his alley.

Also... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr0ckdRnVsE

Also #2... Jeff saying "Ah man I would rather play Singularity than this" is a great way to start a quicklook lol. Singularity is such an underrated game.

Bowlie

Banned
So I was watching the Big Live Live Show from 2015, and at the beginning of Part 2 Drew was talking about how they got audio and video synced up so they could do cross coast QL and other videos. And he said this could lead to new Flight Club. Where's it at Drew?!

Fire Emblem Fates had Austin and Dan
The Room Three had Vinny and Brad

and I think I'm forgetting at least another one. Now... Flight Club? Right there with Blight Club.

edit: maybe he'll do something with VR.

Hindl

Fire Emblem Fates had Austin and Dan
The Room Three had Vinny and Brad

and I think I'm forgetting at least another one. Now... Flight Club? Right there with Blight Club.

edit: maybe he'll do something with VR.

Oh yeah I knew they got it done with the QL and stuff, I was asking where the cross-coast Flight Club was. Especially since they've already done the other cross-coast videos you've mentioned above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom