• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
XCOM2 is incredible. It was also a bit of a piece of garbage at launch. I lost an ironman run because of three different bugs in a single month so I put it down and will start a new game once some actual DLC comes out and I see whether that's work looking into.

I feel like game hype just isn't sticking around very much this gen. I've almost forgotten that The Witness came out this year. It'll be interesting to see what stuck around in their minds come GOTY.

XCOM 1 is still on my backlog and it looks like I should just play that instead of 2.

Eh, there are a lot of nice changes to 2 that I appreciate for gameplay, namely the removal of that stupid awful "capture the aliens" thing that they made you do for research objectives. Psi Ops are a great class in 2 where abilities just don't feel rewarding in 1. But if you have Enemy Within, that is definitely more fun to play because MECs are so cool.

Jintor

Yeah it feels like nothing's really sticking in my head. Then again my life outside games is getting slowly more complicated so that's probably part of it

Megasoum

Banned
I love the idea of Enter the Gungeon but not really the whole Bullet Hell aspect of it.

What other game in the genre a worth playing? I know about Isaac and Throne but they are both also kind of Bullet Hell so....

Gurrry

The steam store page is fucking unbearable now with all the VR stuff. They really should have a way to filter that stuff out considering the device required to play the game is owned by a very small number of people.

kAmui-

I love the idea of Enter the Gungeon but not really the whole Bullet Hell aspect of it.

What other game in the genre a worth playing? I know about Isaac and Throne but they are both also kind of Bullet Hell so....

Hammerwatch might be worth checking out. It can get a bit bullet hellish at times but not very much. And it's fantastic a game. One of my all time favorites for sure.

I'm on what I think is the last mission of XCOM 2 and I'm having a blast. My force and general situation was incredibly dire halfway through, but I stuck with it and turned everything around. The past two missions I've just laid waste to all before me.

Really hope there's a proper expansion and/or Long War 2 (probably likely as they set up their own studio in that name in the run up to XCOM 2's launch).

As for Fire Emblem...insert rainy picture of Europe looking in through the window, here.

Listening to the new Powerbombcast. This is the most I've disagreed with opinions of the pbc crew by far. Makes me really glad I don't get frustrated by stuff like that and just enjoy engaging conversation.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Started checking into Lucha Underground just because of the PBC damnit. I thought I was done with wrestling since like 10 years ago.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I suspect I know the answer but what's with all the dislikes on the Quantum Break QL?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly what you suspect it is. The butthurt over Jeff's review has yet to heal.

I'm a huge Remedy fan but I can't imagine wanting to die on the Quantum Break hill, especially because it never looked all that great to begin with. I guess that's what you get when you mix in platform partisanship. Seems like one of those cases where 2 years from now the consensus will be "yeah it wasn't that good, Jeff was kind of right", much like Twilight Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom