• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Dark Souls lorecast with Vinny and Austin.

Also, friend of the site Nikki Glaser has an hour special tonight on Comedy Central. It's pretty good so far.

Tubobutts

Dark Souls lorecast with Vinny and Austin.
They 100% absolutely should not do that. My subscription runs out next month and if they have any sort of lorecast I will not be renewing.

Same if they do anything stupid and terrible like Hitdan: Brad Money. That would be the worst.

Please more Doom levels and mobas.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching the Quantum Break quicklook...

I could just listen to Lance Riddick talk all day... I love his way of talking, his intonations and stuff. He has a very unique and recognizable way of talking.
He is the sole highlight of that game's acting cast. You watch him in it and think, 'this dude is way too good for this shit'

yami4ct

Man. Fire Emblem Fates Conquest is too good. I'm in the final stretch with only 8 chapters left and I really, really don't want it to end. I don't think I've been this sad about being close to an end of a game in a good while.

I've played almost 150 hours of Fire Emblem so far and I still want more. That's a testament to the game. At least I have Revelation left. It won't live up to Conquest's quality, but it'll be a nice come down after its difficulty.

demidar

Man. Fire Emblem Fates Conquest is too good. I'm in the final stretch with only 8 chapters left and I really, really don't want it to end. I don't think I've been this sad about being close to an end of a game in a good while.

I've played almost 150 hours of Fire Emblem so far and I still want more. That's a testament to the game. At least I have Revelation left. It won't live up to Conquest's quality, but it'll be a nice come down after its difficulty.

I was surprised that Revelations throws in a few mechanics of its own, distinct from Conquest, though it's still not as good as Conq. because the vast majority of enemies have no skills. Means there's no need to do things like plan around surviving chain Lunge'd.

Most of the optional challenge maps are harder than the main maps because enemies are given -killer weapons and anti-type weapons which can catch you off guard >_>

yami4ct

I was surprised that Revelations throws in a few mechanics of its own, distinct from Conquest, though it's still not as good as Conq. because the vast majority of enemies have no skills. Means there's no need to do things like plan around surviving chain Lunge'd.

Most of the optional challenge maps are harder than the main maps because enemies are given -killer weapons and anti-type weapons which can catch you off guard >_>

There are challenge maps? There's extra stuff in Revelation beyond the normal children Paralogues? Interesting. Excited to check them out.

I'm also really excited to play some of these child Paralgoues I just finished with a new set of units. Those maps are great.

demidar

There are challenge maps? There's extra stuff in Revelation beyond the normal children Paralogues? Interesting. Excited to check them out.

I'm also really excited to play some of these child Paralgoues I just finished with a new set of units. Those maps are great.

Sorry, I meant optional maps for grinding and amassing money. EXP and Gold is infinite just like Birthright. And I would say you should totally use it because most of the new units you get join at such abysmal levels (fighting level 18 to promoted units with a level 8 unit, like come on). And you've got sooooo many units.

yami4ct

Sorry, I meant optional maps for grinding and amassing money. EXP and Gold is infinite just like Birthright. And I would say you should totally use it because most of the new units you get join at such abysmal levels (fighting level 18 to promoted units with a level 8 unit, like come on). And you've got sooooo many units.

I knew about the poor unit balance. I guess throwing a bunch of units designed for their own campaigns together into one big thing is bound to be a bit of a clustterfuck. I'm definitely excited to get more use out of units I didn't get much work in with the first time around. Oboro is a unit in particular who was super clutch for me in Birthright, but I know she can be better and I can't wait to really push that unit to her full potential. Also I expect to use more child units. Velouria, Sophie, Ophelia, and Nina have gotten main roster promotions for me in Conquest, but I pretty much stuck with my main cast in Birthright.

Then there's the cross-region supports which I'm sure are going to be amazing.

Draxyle

Neo Member

I feel like I've heard nothing about this game since it came out (besides the "controversy"). Nice to hear it actually turned out okay, I was a bit pessimistic about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jason Oestreicher ‏@unastrike 29m29 minutes ago
Fucking skeletons. Fucking Giant Ass Skeletons! Fuck 'em!

yami4ct

I finally caught this week's UPF. Hover Junkers looks really cool, but I guess all VR video makes me motion sick. I thought it was just the weird fish eyed stuff. After about 5 minutes, I got a weird feeling that was a mix of a sinus headache and nausea. It was unpleasant. I've never gotten motion sick from game footage. Must be the head bob of VR stuff that does it.

I feel like I've heard nothing about this game since it came out (besides the "controversy"). Nice to hear it actually turned out okay, I was a bit pessimistic about it.

The GB folks haven't been talking about it, but the OT's constantly on the main page and it's sold tremendously well. Conquest being awesome has been the general opinion since the Japanese release as well.

I guess the press in general hasn't talked about it, but that's the case for any JRPG not called Final Fantasy or Dark Souls.

Jintor

At GB specifically it suffered from coming out too close to a slew of other games especially XCOM 2 which sapped a lot of people's tbs will. That and, what, Austin and Dan are the only two into FE in any capacity, right?

yami4ct

Monster Hunter and Pokemon still get play, but yeah. 3DS has become JRPG city at this point and, as I said, the genre tends to be too niche for the general games press.

Oh well, more awesome games for me.

yami4ct

At GB specifically it suffered from coming out too close to a slew of other games especially XCOM 2 which sapped a lot of people's tbs will. That and, what, Austin and Dan are the only two into FE in any capacity, right?

I'm kinda glad Dan hasn't talked about it. He was playing Birthright on Easy/Casula because he was so tired after XCOM 2 constantly beating him down. I don't blame him for playing it that way, his choice is his choice, but I can just imagine the sweeping generalizations he'd make about it being boring based on playing Birthright on easy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watching the nakamura/sami match, I think it might be the first WWE match I've seen where they don't make pulling the punches so fucking obvious.

I feel like I should be more than tired of the Souls games by now and yet I'm really enjoying Dark Souls 3.

Looking forward to reading Austin's review.

Boy, XCOM 2 really came and went.

No single fault of its own (though being as fucking riddled as bugs as it wasn't didn't help). It's been an incredibly strong first three months imho in the gaming world.

XCOM2 is a solid/10

Yeah,I think the buggy launch caused a number of people to hold off and there's not really been a break in the games for people to actually go back to it. I definitely got like half way in then stopped after bugs started to become more frequent and just haven't had to chance to go back.

Thankfully the patches, mod support and DLC should mean that the game will be even better when I do go back.

pizzacat

Banned
Monster Hunter and Pokemon still get play, but yeah. 3DS has become JRPG city at this point and, as I said, the genre tends to be too niche for the general games press.

Oh well, more awesome games for me.
over the past week I have picked up SMT IV, etrian odyssey untold, and Project X Zone 2 for less than $30

It's great!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Welcome to Japanese Strong Style. All the strikes are so stiff, it's great to watch.

Wrestling terminology just doesn't work with other stuff man. I had to look up the term because I thought you meant that the movements are awkward or something.

pizzacat

Banned
After 3xFire Emblem there's Project X Zone 2 and Bravely Second waiting for me.
I gotta get that soon but feel bad for buying too much games too soon, gotta finish stuff

Now I'm contemplating dark souls 3

Someone stop this monster ;~;

E: Oti I don't know anything about wrestling except for this

WRESTLING KNOWLEDGE

But hearing Jeff try to convince people who like wrestling that it's actually garbage is pretty good and Dan is entertaining anywhere

Jintor

north american wrestling straight up needs to just turn into superheroes and villains punching each other. every time i hear about lucha underground i keep thinking why doesn't the wwe have time travel

Jintor

I seriously don't understand how they shipped without controller support and they STILL don't have it. There's nothing in there that couldn't be done without support in almost exactly the same way they did XCOM!

Zaph

north american wrestling straight up needs to just turn into superheroes and villains punching each other. every time i hear about lucha underground i keep thinking why doesn't the wwe have time travel
What?

Is there a legal way to watch this in the uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom