• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really though, if you shouldn't play it as a cover shooter they should just make it like Space marine and make cover a non-factor.

While also making the guards british and yell "Space marine!" every minute.

Xater

I always wondered what people were seeing in Quantum Break. Game turned out what I expected it to be listening to Jeff.

But I am also very much down on Remedy ever since Alan Wake, which I only like the story stuff in. It had a fun pulpy horror thing going, but the gameplay was lackluster. They have not delivered the full package since Max Payne 2.

jaina

I understand that you could play QB differently than Jeff 'Assault Rifle' Gerstmann does. But if only he does it, it's his personal experience. If most reviewers do it, it would be the fault of the game. Maybe I'll drudge through it eventually. Time's still a cool hook.

I always wondered what people were seeing in Quantum Break. Game turned out what I expected it to be listening to Jeff.

But I am also very much down on remedy ever since Alan Wake, which I only like the story stuff in. It had a fun pulpy horror thing ging, but the gameplay was lackluster. They have not delivered the full package since Max Payne 2.

I felt the same way about Alan Wake and I think Quantum Break is basically the reverse for me, I like the gameplay but it's story and characters are all really dull. I'd also probably have a better opinion of it overall if the TV stuff wasn't in there because that stuff is awful.

Sky Saw

Banned
Classy guy.
Here's a nice example
I6O0O4N.jpg

Xater

I felt the same way about Alan Wake and I think Quantum Break is basically the reverse for me, I like the gameplay but it's story and characters are all really dull. I'd also probably have a better opinion of it overall if the TV stuff wasn't in there because that stuff is awful.

if you tell me about your cover based shooter in 2016 my eyes are already beginning to gloss over. I never felt like the powers did enough to make it stand out. It just wasn't good enough of a hook for me.

if you tell me about your cover based shooter in 2016 my eyes are already beginning to gloss over. I never felt like the powers did enough to make it stand out. It just wasn't good enough of a hook for me.

I wasn't really enjoying it at first when your powers were more limited and it felt more like a regular cover shooter, but I came around on it as it progresses and starts to feels more like Vanquish than say Gears of War.

I realized today, the main reason why I don't play games when I have the opportunity to, and have plenty of games to play, is because it makes time pass too quickly.

Alfredo

Really though, if you shouldn't play it as a cover shooter they should just make it like Space marine and make cover a non-factor.

While also making the guards british and yell "Space marine!" every minute.

I haven't played Space Marine, so I don't know how that works, but I feel like some games should just get rid of cover systems altogether.

It seems like if a third person shooter has a cover system, people just want to play them all the same: staying behind cover. Tons of people do stuff like go through Max Payne 3 without using shoot dodge, Resident Evil 6 without using melee, and now Quantum Break without using time powers. And then they don't have fun.

The games are designed around their weird combat gimmicks, but don't do enough to force players to use them. People just go back to their "stop and pop" ways because they can, so remove their ability to do it!

If you don't work your gimmick in to actual gameplay rewards, then it can be hard to really make the gimmick work. For a Platinum example, keeping your combo up and avoiding damage ties together both in gameplay and in the reward at the end of the Verse.

Jintor

games should just rank you at the end of every combat encounter

hyper light drifter is really weirding me out. I like it, but it's not the game I keep thinking it is. my dashes don't have invincibility frames (yet?) and the timing is super strict on chaining them, can't combo past three strikes, half the time my dash-slash doesn't come out properly...

Zaph

I realized today, the main reason why I don't play games when I have the opportunity to, and have plenty of games to play, is because it makes time pass too quickly.

Yup. You can do one level in a game and then you look up and realise the evening is gone. Those people who claim gaming is a big waste of time aren't completely wrong.

I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, looking up and realizing I've just spent three and a half hours playing Dwarf Fortress with nothing but an ASCII watchtower to show for it is kinda alarming. On the other hand, video games are one of the few things that can actually fully engage me for hours at a time. Like, I love reading, but my tech-addled millenial brain won't allow me to read for more than 20-30 minutes at a time without getting distracted by something on my phone.

jaina

folks have been speaking positively about Gungeon a couple of pages ago. I'm personally not in the mood for a rogue-lite right now.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Man, looking back at those early Holmes games Frogwares really came a long way.

This actually looks kinda cool from the quick look, has anyone else played it and can chime in on the quality? Worth buying?

It's a damn good game, only 5 chambers in total but the furthest I've reached is the chamber 4 boss so far. Total playtime is 6-7 hours. It's the type of game hat require you to play more so you can buy stuff that increases your chances for better drops, I enjoy playing this in short bursts however. Sometimes you get this one run that has badass starter weapons and it really helps.

e: The Powerbombcast Episode 22 - TOO MUCH WREST-LING *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

So my fiancee likes to pick up pokemon card boxes because they're neat promotional stuff, and the boxes usually come with some card packs. She opened one today and we were greeted with this.

http://i.imgur.com/3CyRUDv.jpg

I know the card existed back in the TCG game days but I had no idea they were reprinting them in updated format!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom