• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
We getting any Game Tapes, Old Game Show, or Demo Derby anytime soon?

we're just getting more VR?

goDRdad.gif

I just nearly ran the gauntlet thanks to the Ghostbusters photon backpack/Deckard's pistol from Blade Runner combination.

I legit can't stop playing it. Send help.

daydream

Banned
first day of persona 4 rewatch concluded. we watched the first ten episodes, there were 38 people watching at one point which is a new high for synchtube, i think

see you next week, friends

first day of persona 4 rewatch concluded. we watched the first ten episodes, there were 38 people watching at one point which is a new high for synchtube, i think

E3 was pretty up there, I think

I recall an administrator joining to see what the commotion was

Myggen

Ah, I missed it. Need to join in next week. Is it gonna be next Sunday?

ArjanN

I was laughing when Dan immediately picked up on two MGS references in the Quick Look but doubted whether or not they were actual references.

Old Dan wouldn't have doubted it.

It would have been even more obvous if Jeff had beaten the 'Vulcan Raven' boss, but he choked. :p

Finally watching UPF, at GG2 Overture. The punch sound effect being used when Sol cracks his neck at the end of the training round is just too amazing to handle. (And the way the red effect around him keeps clipping through the surface of the ground drives me absolutely insane.)

Protome

Guys, I got the wind up gun in Enter The Gungeon last night. I didn't think much when I first saw it, then I fired it, then I reloaded it, and it's a fucking Futurama reference.

I love this game so much.

Stuff like this makes me wish there was a good Futurama game. That PS2 game had its moments (like the time machine that is crank operated, you crank it for 1 minute and it'll send you back in time by a minute) but it was pretty shitty overall.

Enter the Gungeon seems great though.

yami4ct

Why do you hate game changing disruptive paradigm shifts that are outside of the box?

I don't like VR content because I can't watch it without getting motion sick after like 10 minutes. :(.

Hopefully we get some more normal content that's actually watchable to me now that the launches have blown over.

Daheza

One of the things the crew should look into is using stationary cams in vr games like the one in job simulator and I believe some other games had them as well. I can really see those becoming popular enough that a lot of devs include them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One of the things the crew should look into is using stationary cams in vr games like the one in job simulator and I believe some other games had them as well. I can really see those becoming popular enough that a lot of devs include them.

It'll take awhile though. Most oculus games aren't even optimised for standard viewing yet.

I just want a headless check in every VR coverage moving forward. And also no more shooting galleries, because by the VR gods were they boring.

Dark Souls 3 is kind of weird due to how much there is that's easy to identify. There's a bunch of stuff that's either just directly from the previous games or very clear links and it's weird to see that considering that the series is normally so obscure.

Myggen

Dark Souls 3 is kind of weird due to how much there is that's easy to identify. There's a bunch of stuff that's either just directly from the previous games or very clear links and it's weird to see that considering that the series is normally so obscure.

Yeah, I think Brad made that same point on the Bombcast. Said it felt like a Souls Greatest Hits in that regard IIRC.

convo

References have been a thing in the series, maybe people only now started to actually notice bigger features that are similiar besides the Moonlightblades.
The series took a weird road thanks to Demons getting shafted by Sony originally, so the spiritual sequel game became something entirly different with DS1. DS2 was another different thing since a different director and team tried their own thing which was alright too. Now we're back for the culmination of all things.
Now the similarities are 100 % deliberate, they don't have to be subtle anymore at the end of the trilogy.

Yeah, I think Brad made that same point on the Bombcast. Said it felt like a Souls Greatest Hits in that regard IIRC.

Yup. But then Jason said he didn't get that vibe, at which point Brad admitted to looking up all the Souls lore prior to jumping in. So yeah.

Meanwhile, crashy souls is still something wondering about come release. Every GB studio, on all versions of the game, has had those repeatable crashes right?

Myggen

Yup. But then Jason said he didn't get that vibe, at which point Brad admitted to looking up all the Souls lore prior to jumping in. So yeah.

Meanwhile, crashy souls is still something wondering about come release. Every GB studio, on all versions of the game, has had those repeatable crashes right?

Yeah, seems like GB has acted as QA on that game for Namco.

convo

I really have no idea what kind of build they are playing, others seem to have different builds that run just fine, or maybe it's still the weird class thing.

I don't even think you need to know the lore honestly, I don't really know it that well and I'm seeing a bunch of things that I'm recognising instantly. References have definitely been in the series before but I think it's just surprising to see them be so overt, thankfully it doesn't feel like pointless fanservice and it actually feels like they're doing it for a story purpose.

As for the technical issues I don't think Brad mentioned any issues did he? Both GBeast and Jason had issues on the PC version but I think console versions have been fine, I've certainly not encountered any issues so far.
They better return to it. I need to see them beat those levels.
Sounds like a Kerbal replacement to me.

No_Style

They better return to it. I need to see them beat those levels.

Agreed!

I love it because they don't have their Mario mechanics down and they're trying to apply logic onto the chaos of Max's design. The beginning of coocoo nuts is fantastic because there's a nice blend of danger and release with using the shell to clear a path.

convo

As for the technical issues I don't think Brad mentioned any issues did he? Both GBeast and Jason had issues on the PC version but I think console versions have been fine, I've certainly not encountered any issues so far.

It seems to be the effect of trying things live that results in certain failure. With Austin having beaten the game they should have not encounterd any problems of that kind anymore.
And i wonder who is gonna do the DS3 Ql. Maybe it's gonna be a coop quick look between the coasts? Or it's already recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom