• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the new MGS video has issues.... again. I hope they get that back-end stuff sorted out.

Yep, I can't get it to work either. I rarely bitch about this stuff because it's far beyond my expertise, but it's kind of ridiculous how long these issues have been going on now, especially for a site that's so video-oriented.

Yep, I can't get it to work either. I rarely bitch about this stuff because it's far beyond my expertise, but it's kind of ridiculous how long these issues have been going on now, especially for a site that's so video-oriented.

It's weird that all this stuff is happening soon after that one engineer left (jslack, I think).

santeesioux

Yeah, I don't like bitching either, but it sucks when you're paying for it and it doesn't work when you want to watch it.

Bacon

This is episode 27 of MGS5? Dear lord in heaven. How many more episodes do they have to finish the damn thing? Can't wait for them to move on from that game and give us something else in its place. Something involving demo disks maybe

Tubobutts

It's even crazier how much Jeff denies there's anything wrong with the video player. In the past, at least.
As someone who knows nothing about anything this seems more like an upload problem than a player problem since the trick of changing the date in the download link has worked on every broken video recently.

But the player is also bad. It always crashes my browser on my old ass iPad mini and even using the download links hasn't been great recently. Ive been getting a lot of videos that just refuse to keep playing after a certain point again recently.

This is episode 27 of MGS5? Dear lord in heaven. How many more episodes do they have to finish the damn thing? Can't wait for them to move on from that game and give us something else in its place. Something involving demo disks maybe

metalgearrising.gif

As someone who knows nothing about anything this seems more like an upload problem than a player problem since the trick of changing the date in the download link has worked on every broken video recently.

But the player is also bad. It always crashes my browser on my old ass iPad mini and even using the download links hasn't been great recently. Ive been getting a lot of videos that just refuse to keep playing after a certain point again recently.

Huh. Good to know. Thought that was just a trick for this video.

No problem. But the real person to thank is a user named Dago over in the video's comment section.

BREAKING NEWS: LIVE STREAM MGS V FINALE UPCOMING! Drew says it should be soon and we should watch the upcoming slot to see when. Unless they end up doing Rising, this could be the last ever Metal Gear Scanlon thing on Giant Bomb.

jaina

BREAKING NEWS: LIVE STREAM MGS V FINALE UPCOMING! Drew says it should be soon and we should watch the upcoming slot to see when. Unless they end up doing Rising, this could be the last ever Metal Gear Scanlon thing on Giant Bomb.
The only other chance for a Metal Gear appearance on Giant Bomb would be a Demo Derby. So this stream is guaranteed to be the last one!

hamchan

Good. MGScanlon V was like a TV show doing one season too many, like Scrubs season 9.

I also don't want to see Drew play Rising. Can you imagine Drew playing that game when he struggles with the easy controls of MGSV? Dude will be constantly sighing when he dies to a boss for the tenth time. Maybe even the hundredth time on the last boss.

Brashnir

Our long international nightmare is finally almost over.

Wut should I watchsies? UPF, Enter the Guneon QL, Quantum Break QL?

I haven't watched the latter two because I already saw them play an hour (?) of Quantum Break a month ago, but I enjoyed Dan's segment on UPF. Jeff shooting himself in the face was good too. Don't remember what anyone else did.

Edit: Oh yeah, Brad's segment was dead boring and Jason's segment was broken so he had to meander through a few games. I personally wanted to watch him play more of that Guilty Gear Musou game, but he was out of it and gave up quickly.

I'd like to think that Giant Bomb's hypothesis about these people is accurate. That these are all 13 year olds who haven't matured yet, and when they do they'll look back on their words and feel ashamed, but then they'll be replaced by more angry 13 year olds.

Sad thing is that is not the case. For instance, that Tim Dog guy is over 40 years old.

Zekes!

Man, after beating MGSV I was so sure Metal Gear Scanlon V was going to be the best one. Now I can't fathom even watching the live finale.

repeater

Oh god.. I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry..

I'm totally gonna cry :'(

Jintor

Good. MGScanlon V was like a TV show doing one season too many, like Scrubs season 9.

I also don't want to see Drew play Rising. Can you imagine Drew playing that game when he struggles with the easy controls of MGSV? Dude will be constantly sighing when he dies to a boss for the tenth time. Maybe even the hundredth time on the last boss.

Honestly, I consider myself pretty good at action games and I was fucking tearing my hair out over the final boss the first time I fought him. Every boss before him had been pretty much easy enough but the very last boss has a mechanic where you need to be super precise about a mechanic it was very easy to be lax about and it punishes the shit out of you if you don't get it.

Of course there's an easy trick to it that bypasses the whole thing but still

that said, i still wanna see drew play rising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom