• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'm all for just wandering until you find something in the souls games but I gave in yesterday after being stuck in a swamp area that not only slows you but also poisons you, plus there are enemies that cause a whole different status.

Fuck that.

As expected I`ve gotten a lot of classy PMs on Youtube lately.

S9vZ1IN.png

Wonder why, heh.
Brap? How the do you even pull that typo off. I guess that just shows how mad you made him.

Ohnonono

If Brad getting the Plat in Bloodborne does not qualify him to talk about souls games with some kind of knowledge by the community then I don't know what people expect. Souls fans can be absolutely nuts. I adore those games and can have knowledgeable conversions about them and he has done more than I have. Some people want each site to have a separate SOULS EDITOR who just plays those games over and over.

DON'T YOU KNOW THERE'S A WAR GOING ON, THIS IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT

I'm still turning over that Beastcast discussion in my head where Vinny was talking about how you can't argue FOR authorial intent and then turn around and get pissy when the author includes something you don't like

LiK

If Brad getting the Plat in Bloodborne does not qualify him to talk about souls games with some kind of knowledge by the community then I don't know what people expect. Souls fans can be absolutely nuts. I adore those games and can have knowledgeable conversions about them and he has done more than I have. Some people want each site to have a separate SOULS EDITOR who just plays those games over and over.

ENB worked with FROM on the DS2 and BB guides and even he got comments from people trying to school him on the game when he already knew everything about those games already. Some people in the community think they know more than people on the inside. It's pretty amusing.

Ohnonono

ENB worked with FROM on the DS2 and BB guides and even he got comments from people trying to school him on the game when he already knew everything about those games already. Some people in the community think they know more than people on the inside. It's pretty amusing.

I had a buddy of mine that was not going to get into DS3 because he read so much stuff about the "right" way to play the games. With the time I have to game with a wife and kid and job and shit I play and if I get really stuck I look things up. One of the best things about single player games is that I just get to have fun and don't have to live up to a standard.

Myggen

One of Dan`s finest trolling moments was during his Dark Souls 1 streams when he would look at how angry some people got in the chat when he summoned for bosses, and then to rile those people up even more he would brag about how good he was at the game after beating those bosses with summons.

LiK

I had a buddy of mine that was not going to get into DS3 because he read so much stuff about the "right" way to play the games. With the time I have to game with a wife and kid and job and shit I play and if I get really stuck I look things up. One of the best things about single player games is that I just get to have fun and don't have to live up to a standard.

Yea, just enjoy the games however you want. That's part of the fun.

Houndi101

One of Dan`s finest trolling moments was during his Dark Souls 1 streams when he would look at how angry some people got in the chat when he summoned for bosses, and then to rile those people up even more he would brag about how good he was at the game after beating those bosses with summons.
With Gargoyles he just hid at the tower while other players killed them.
He even got his gf to praise him it was glorious.

Ohnonono

basically if you ever used a summon for a boss fight you dont deserve to even play Dark Souls 3

Here is a fun one.. I am not really good at those games and I have never summoned, not because I have anything against it, but just because I never bothered to figure out how to do it! I defy logic! I didn't summon BECAUSE I am lazy and don't know about the mechanics!

Ohnonono

Dan was put on this earth for a reason. That stream was amazing.

LiK

Here is a fun one.. I am not really good at those games and I have never summoned, not because I have anything against it, but just because I never bothered to figure out how to do it! I defy logic! I didn't summon BECAUSE I am lazy and don't know about the mechanics!

Summoning is fun and actually makes the bosses tougher to kill unless you're lucky enough to summon some OP player. It's pretty hilarious when the people you summon end up dying before you and you need to fight the buffed bosses solo. If you win, that feels even better.

Strax

I think a lot of the DARK SOULS IS HARD stuff comes from a generation of console gamers growing with press-A-to-win style big budget AAA games that tried to appeal to everyone by being incredibly easy and, more importantly, not punishing the player for their lack of patience and strategy.

The Souls games are hard because they don't explain anything in a decent way. I've always wondered how many % of the hardcore Souls fans finished their first Souls game without looking something up.

I'm guessing less then 10%

if anything, these games can be pretty easy if youre always summoning folks for help. I end up summoning peeps to help me with bosses and almost always feel like a jerk about it because once i start engaging in the battle I can see how doable it is for myself.

Though i was super glad I did it for the executioner's chariot because that seems like it could've been annoying in a solo battle.

The Souls games are hard because they don't explain anything in a decent way. I've always wondered how many % of the hardcore Souls fans finished their first Souls game without looking something up.

I'm guessing less then 10%

been playing DS2SOTFS for the first time over the last week and the only thing i've had to look up is where I should go next, which i've needed to do like twice in about 30 hours of play.

You can totally play the game without getting your hands dirty with a guide for like 99% of the time you play.

Heh, and then touting his skill when he ran like hell from the first Black Knight and somehow lured it into falling to its death. He pushed every dumb Souls fan berserk button and it was glorious.

pizzacat

Banned
More and more each day it scares me how similar I am to dan

Myggen

Heh, and then touting his skill when he ran like hell from the first Black Knight and somehow lured it into falling to its death. He pushed every dumb Souls fan berserk button and it was glorious.

Yeah. One of the few times I`ve seen people get angry at Vinny was during his Dark Souls playthrough. There were so many people who just couldn`t take him going with the tankiest of tank builds, implying that he was playing the game wrong by not going with a lighter build.

Zaph

That steam was so good. Twitch chat was losing its shit and Dan was loving every minute of it. For one boss he just hid behind a roof for the the entire fight.

Strax

been playing DS2SOTFS for the first time over the last week and the only thing i've had to look up is where I should go next, which i've needed to do like twice in about 30 hours of play.

You can totally play the game without getting your hands dirty with a guide for like 99% of the time you play.

Thats hardly your first Souls exp?

My point is that Souls games are hard because their tutorials aren't in the game, they are online and if you've finished one of them you've been prepped for the next one.

Yeah. One of the few times I`ve seen people get angry at Vinny was during his Dark Souls playthrough. There was so many people who just couldn`t take him going with the tankiest of tank builds, implying that he was playing the game wrong by not going with a lighter build.

the tank build in DS1 was a thing of beauty. I used the same build in my playthrough only I got really into the zweihander, put a little lightning on it, its glorious hit-stun smash attack ruining the lives of all demons across the land.

I hate that they nerfed the hit-stun smash attack stuff in DS2 because it was so OP in DS1

Thats hardly your first Souls exp?

My point is that Souls games are hard because their tutorials aren't in the game, they are online and if you've finished one of them you've been prepped for the next one.

oh, you mean for first timers? Yeah, it can be a lot to take in at first, I agree with you.

Myggen

the tank build in DS1 was a thing of beauty. I used the same build in my playthrough only I got really into the zweihander, put a little lightning on it, its glorious hit-stun smash attack ruining the lives of all demons across the land.

I hate that they nerfed the hit-stun smash attack stuff in DS2 because it was so OP in DS1

Vinny just crushing the Four Kings boss on his first try with that build was fantastic.

I kind of wish I'd gone for a tank build with DS3 or at least leaned towards heavy 2h weapons because there's a 2H sword in there that might have the coolest looking moveset of any weapon in a souls game.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Jason is just a font of misinformation in the DS3 QL. I usually don't care but with Souls games it's just a pet peeve because I know everything. I just wish he wouldn't front like he knows anything about these games because he very obviously doesn't.

Jason is just a font of misinformation in the DS3 QL. I usually don't care but with Souls games it's just a pet peeve because I know everything. I just wish he wouldn't front like he knows anything about these games because he very obviously doesn't.

Now you know how I've felt for the past few months when they would talk about VR.

Is it as bad as brad's SOTC moment?

That's still the lowest point in a QL for me, watching something beautiful get butchered like that on the internet

Now you know how I've felt for the past few months when they would talk about VR.

You were kind of getting a little weird when you were going into the types of technology used to explain why Oculus' controllers wouldn't be able to offer the same as Vive though... Or at least something along those lines lol

Curufinwe

Got any good examples for people who have never played a Daek Souks title?

omgkitty

Has anyone on the crew mentioned playing Ratchet & Clank? I have to think Dan would be interested.

Whoever it is, I hope they like the game. This seems like one of those perfect QL's where who it is doesn't realize it isn't just a remake or how much costs or any of that stuff that makes me want to yell at the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom