• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls 3 looks more like a sequel to Dark Souls than any Assassin's Creed sequel to Assassin's Creed

at least they're not doing a Batman Oranges/COD thing that the old Infinity Ward used to do in either ignoring or completely crapping on a non-A team version of their game because it wasn't their vision or some shit.

Myggen

Are people angry at Brad again? Are video games serious business?! Is that why people are bringing up years old quick looks for no reason?

Has Austin given an indication of when his Dark Souls 3 review will be up?

Important questions.

It has now been _0_ days since rudds pissed off the Internet.

Has Austin given an indication of when his Dark Souls 3 review will be up?

He said he's holding it off for release day to see what the patch situation is (Patrick's review went up today and mentioned a helpful late patch for PC, so that's a good sign.)

oti

Banned
I'm not angry at Dan's Metro Collection QL. I LOVED that QL. Watching it I knew immediately what kind of reaction he would get.

I'm not angry at Dan's Metro Collection QL. I LOVED that QL. Watching it I knew immediately what kind of reaction he would get.

that was one of those QLs that would've bothered me a decade ago because those games are so fucking good.

but these days I just got a chuckle out of the whole thing. He just didn't like the game so I totally get it, i can respect that.

But Brad's SOTC QL still stings because brah you literally don't know how to play the game cmon now.

Zaph

Reactions like that bum me out because I wonder if it makes the guys afraid of being themselves and having some fun - even if it means they're completely 'unfair' to a game.

daydream

Banned
what was the issue with the oot 3d ql, i remember brad getting lost in jabu jabu's belly, sure, but i also remember him being very positive about that version of the game

After properly adjusting my Rift, it is clear that the GB guys had it on totally wrong to the point that it was most certainly having a negative impact on the visually quality. The thing doesn't even rest on your face!

what was the issue with the oot 3d ql, i remember brad getting lost in jabu jabu's belly, sure, but i also remember him being very positive about that version of the game

He kept destroying the box that he needed to proceed. The entire QL being in Jabu Jabu was a bummer.

jaina

Got the Vibribbon hoodie

'glows' in the dark is a bit generous
could be worse
CfvIDwvWwAAlpUj.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watched some video on the Midway thing for Lego Dimensions and Jeff should really play it

It's got George from Rampage terrorizing the city and he even animates like a shitty old arcade game. and you fly the ship from Defender as well as the Spyhunter car

Curufinwe

I think it's OK to get annoyed if they confidently say things that are inaccurate, and misrepresent the game enough that they might put people off playing it.

That doesn't happen very often, though.

that last mission is just fucked in MGSV. Not only is it not fun, it also goes on way too long and feels, much like a lot of chapter 2, like a cheap reuse of assets because they had to rush this thing out to market.

jaina

The one-two punch of "No lights, no lights" (you know which mission name I'm butchering) and the tower defense is all I need to get closure from MGScanlon. The game at it's highest and lowest.

I'll tune in purely for the comic gold that will be Drew's reaction to mission 46, both its
amazingly awful rehash of the first mission and the reveal, which he predicted waaaaay back in the first episode

I'm still in the camp that likes the ideas of MGSV's ending, even if the execution is literally garbage.
The concept, sure, but everything surrounding it is literally garbage as you say.

Legit ending spoilers:
Back when I was playing the tutorial, I swore to myself that I'd never play it again. Little did I know.

And all for that payoff... played like a fiddle, indeed.

Real-time disappointment would be enough.

Had to remind myself what Mission 45 and, yes, it does go on for way too long. It's easy but it's tedious.

you can skip (ending spoilies)
all the parts that are exactly the same as the OG intro

i wish i knew this when i played through it because literally nothing is gained by playing through that part that you hadn't seen before.

LiK

The concept, sure, but everything surrounding it is literally garbage as you say.

Legit ending spoilers:
Back when I was playing the tutorial, I swore to myself that I'd never play it again. Little did I know.

And all for that payoff... played like a fiddle, indeed.

Lol, you just played me with the spoiler tags

Myggen

Saw the Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter thread on Gaming and it got me excited for Justin McElroy`s impression on one of the E3 panels. But then I saw that it`s releasing at the end of May! This day is just full of disappointments.

repeater

you can skip (ending spoilies)
all the parts that are exactly the same as the OG intro

i wish i knew this when i played through it because literally nothing is gained by playing through that part that you hadn't seen before.
EDIT: Sorry, played myself like a fiddle. :(
EDIT2: (That isn't nearly as much fun as it might sound.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom