• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Buy the gun, expense it to CBS, have Brad field strip it on a stream and regain his credibility with the preppers in chat.

Brad's from the South and the Ds hold the presidency.

He should know how to operate a grenade launcher, tbh.

It can happen any day.

Dark Souls 3 will be a multi-million seller. It's not Battlefield or Call of Duty but it certainly isn't niche anymore. The Souls games do still scratch an itch that most major mass market releases do not, though.

yami4ct

Persona 5.

Persona 5 had 2 delays, right? It's not as crazy as some people say, but it's also definitely had a few hiccups in development.

It doesn't help that the project scale ballooned according to what's been coming out about its development. First major delay was to rescope and create the PS4 version, second delay that happened last year was a polish delay (and to realign it with Atlus' 30th Anniversay and Persona's 20th).

Persona 5.

P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg

Sky Saw

Banned
I haven't been following Metal Gear Scanlon 5 too much, have they got to the scene where a half naked quiet rolls around in the water yet? I want to see Drews reaction to that haha.

yami4ct

Yeah but that delay was to accommodate a PS4 version, which isn't really an indication of development hell.

I'm pretty sure they've said the project has grown quite a bit from when it was first scoped. They've stated it's a significantly larger game now than Persona 3 and 4 now. The first delay wasn't solely for the PS4 port.

That being said, the idea it's somehow in development hell is a funny joke. It's had some hiccups, but it's far from a SE level mess.

Yeah but that delay was to accommodate a PS4 version, which isn't really an indication of development hell.

Don't get me wrong, I think the delay stuff is overblown. I can understand the frustration if you've been waiting for Persona 5 since 4's release but it's not really been that long since P5's actual announcement.

Plus the game has looked great each time they've shown it and it looks like it's benefiting from the extra development time so who cares if they have to delay it a little, I'd rather they take the time to get it right.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm pretty sure they've said the project has grown quite a bit from when it was first scoped. They've stated it's a significantly larger game now than Persona 3 and 4 now. The first delay wasn't solely for the PS4 port.

That being said, the idea it's somehow in development hell is a funny joke. It's had some hiccups, but it's far from a SE level mess.

Fair enough then.

I hope it's bigger with actual content though. One could argue that persona 3 was too big for its own good.

Fair enough then.

I hope it's bigger with actual content though. One could argue that persona 3 was too big for its own good.

P3 was also their first game so it makes sense that it was spread a little thin, P4 ended up adding onto the basic groundwork laid by P3 and Golden just crammed in more on top of that.

Also seeing the baseball minigame in the trailer makes me hope that P5 is taking steps towards the series having Yakuza levels of dumb side activities. The P5 minimap certainly has a decent number of random shit on it so it's getting there.

I wanted to be emancipated for 2 years now smhhh

Shame, you are slave.

daydream

Banned
there's a classic gif of vinny (hair ver.) wearing a coat/rain jacket of sorts in the whiskey media office, shaking his head with a smug smile and turning away as if he was going home

this gif has vanished into thin air and i have no idea what the source is. maybe someone has it saved and could reupload it

SomberOwl

If anyone is wondering, the Dark Souls 3 character creator still sucks. I wish they would have added more hair options.

You'd think character creators would have gotten better by now for most RPG's but it still is hard to create a character that doesn't look like shit in most games.

If anyone is wondering, the Dark Souls 3 character creator still sucks. I wish they would have added more hair options.

You'd think character creators would have gotten better by now for most RPG's but it still is hard to create a character that doesn't look like shit in most games.

Dragon's Dogma and PSO2 are still dabes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I played through Dark Souls 1 again today just for fun and to remind myself and boy I sure did remind myself that the back half of that game is pretty garbage. Everything after the Lordvessel just isn't... very good. Bosses areas, nothing.

Vinny and Austin's crash always happened at the first bonfire right? As in, constant, repeatable, and unavoidable (save for the Knight class lol wtf).
I played through Dark Souls 1 again today just for fun and to remind myself and boy I sure did remind myself that the back half of that game is pretty garbage. Everything after the Lordvessel just isn't... very good. Bosses areas, nothing.

Dark Souls 2 is the better game for these reasons, and more! Like the covenant stuff and online improvements.

convo

Vinny and Austin's twitter makes me think DS3 on PC is a broken mess.

Not that i don't trust those guys, but i have to distinguish their experience from what they do with their review builds and what people get on steam right now. I need to hear from people who bought the game on steam to make my decisions personally.

yami4ct

This is the same excuse as Star Citizen

The Star Citizen thing is a bit different with the ever shifting budget due to crowd funding, but I can see the comparison. Persona 5 also hasn't been around as long as the Star Citizen hype.

P-Studio is also a defined thing who's output we've seen. The Star Citizen devs are a new studio with some key talent involved. We can't be as sure of their output.

I'm almost certain Persona 5 is going to be fantastic when it hits this year. There's too much going on for it to slip dates again and I have full trust in P-Studio really delivering.

LiK

Not that i don't trust those guys, but i have to distinguish their experience from what they do with their review builds and what people get on steam right now. I need to hear from people who bought the game on steam to make my decisions personally.

yea, the day one patch ain't out yet right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom