• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Austins 3 star review is going to tear this community apart

eycm36r.gif

LiK

He likes DS2 more than Bloodborne, so I'm excited to repeatedly assert that to question the legitimacy of his review.

DS2 was legit good as a game. lore and characters were weak but in terms of online coop and combat/mechanics, it's much improved over DS1, imo. online play is most def better than BB.

Myggen

Austin seemed to love the game from what he's said about it, except for these issues on PC. I would be shocked if he gave it any less than four stars.

Isn't she running some huge makeup company now? I thought I read she was raking in the cash doing that.

Also, sup everyone. Im new. But huge GB fan.
Hey!
I'm almost certain Persona 5 is going to be fantastic when it hits this year. There's too much going on for it to slip dates again and I have full trust in P-Studio really delivering.
I'm really looking forward to playing a new RPG from them, Catherine might be the best game of last gen but I still prefer their RPGs.

convo

People should have noticed by now how far Dan has come in life with wrestling knowledge and metaphors alone. He's better at fighting games than Jason and wins at completing games . He's unbound by logic and has accomplished the most with the least amount of effort.

Myggen

People should have noticed by now how far Dan has come in life with wrestling knowledge and metaphors alone. He's better at fighting games than Jason and wins at completing games . He's unbound by logic and has accomplished the most with the least amount of effort.

What are you even talking about now.

convo

What are you even talking about now.

I am talking about how much fun Dan is when some other guys get really annoyed by him. Just saying he's my favorite guy at that coast at least. Don't wanna drag down the other guys just picking favorites.

yami4ct

Dan's antics are fine in small quantities. The percentage of him in premium content is too high for me, though. IMO. I would say the the same thing if any other duder was in the same amount. I want more stuff from Brad, Jeff, Rorie, etc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Isn't she running some huge makeup company now? I thought I read she was raking in the cash doing that.

Also, sup everyone. Im new. But huge GB fan.

She's running a company for suckers who believe that any chemicals will kill you.

While actually selling the same chemicals only advertising it as not having those chemicals.

convo

Dan has showed a lot of dedication in nearly everything he's involved in. Sure his DK music comparisons were a little much, but i admired the effort he put into that. Think of all the stuff we wouldn't have if he weren't here. His "whacked out" stories are only slightly more crazy than most GB stories but are more numerous for just one person to tell.

yami4ct

She's running a company for suckers who believe that any chemicals will kill you.

Except when they decide those chemicals they're railing against are easier to use and safe and just use them anyway.

I still love that they got caught slinging shit they said was toxic.

Dan's antics are fine in small quantities. The percentage of him in premium content is too high for me, though. IMO. I would say the the same thing if any other duder was in the same amount. I want more stuff from Brad, Jeff, Rorie, etc.

I think he's in a lot of stuff because he's the driving force behind those features. He's a doer. It's admirable.

Unless he decides those good games are garbage, in which case he declares them to be the worst things ever.

Still salty about his MonHun 'opinions'.

Hey, at least he tried that critically acclaimed game.

yami4ct

Hey, at least he tried that critically acclaimed game.

I'm not sure what Dan did can really be considered actually trying it. He basically only fought a Great Jaggi right?

Like, he's free to not like the game. Sometimes shit won't click with you even if it's a good game. His presentation of those opinions can be a bit off putting at times.

daydream

Banned
Austin seemed to love the game from what he's said about it, except for these issues on PC. I would be shocked if he gave it any less than four stars.

also, i don't remember the last game austin spent a lot of time with and disliked

he's pretty tolerant of flaws

Myggen

I'm not sure what Dan did can really be considered actually trying it. He basically only fought a Great Jaggi right?

Like, he's free to not like the game. Sometimes shit won't click with you even if it's a good game. His presentation of those opinions can be a bit off at times.

He's toned that stuff down a lot though. I can't remember the last time, maybe Monster Hunter was that.

yami4ct

also, i don't remember the last game austin spent a lot of time with and disliked

You could say he almost ended up disliking the Division. From the way he talked about it, it wasn't an active dislike, but his discussion often read like a '3 out of 5' review for that game.

He's toned that stuff down a lot though. I can't remember the last time, maybe Monster Hunter was that.

It seeps back in from time to time, but he's much, much better about that now.

Myggen

I remember Austin saying on Twitter that before he came to GB he was known as being overly critical, now he's basically known as being pretty forgiving on games. I guess that's what being compared to the jaaaaaaaaded people around you does to you :p

yami4ct

Man. I just got reminded how they changed Pyromancy for Dark Souls III. Basically means the build style I played for DKS1 and 2 no longer exists. Going to have to completely reinvent my character.

Guess I'll build a hybrid strength/int build and hope I can find some magic scaling weapons.

daydream

Banned
new ratchet & clank might be the first retail ps4 game that makes me wish i had the console

the inevitable ql is probably not gonna help with this feeling

new ratchet & clank might be the first retail ps4 game that makes me wish i had the console

the inevitable ql is probably not gonna help with this feeling

if that thing ends up being good I might have to pick it up. it's been like 8 years since I played one, it's probably about time to take a trip back

convo

The DS3 PC performance thread seems to be feast or famine -- the game either runs like a dream or it's unplayably bad.
Wow, like most high profile PC games. With the toaster i got, buying games on steam is just future-proofing when i have a better PC and monitor to play more demanding games on.
I can't run Guilty Gear Xrd smoothly even if i run it at 640x320.

Anyone else have literally no idea a ratchet and clank game was coming out in 2016 until like yesterday?

I did, but I'm wondering who the hell is going to see that movie coming out later this month. What kind of market is there for that movie? Especially going up against The Jungle Book.

yami4ct

Anyone else have literally no idea a ratchet and clank game was coming out in 2016 until like yesterday?

It's one of those weird games that I get reminded of go 'that sounds neat' and forget about like 2 days later. I knew it was hitting this year, but I had no clue it was this soon until the past week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom