• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

That's sad. I had a feeling it would be bad, but I think it's worse that it might be good.

Reading the performance thread, it sounds like a mostly decent port that has some nasty bugs that are affecting a chunk of people. Exactly how big that chunk is is hard to tell given those that hit bugs are more likely to comment.

The only super serious thing I've seen in there that might be widespread is micro stuttering on save. Hopefully that gets sorted quickly.

Already sounds to be a better port than DKS1, but that wouldn't be tough.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Reading the performance thread, it sounds like a mostly decent port that has some nasty bugs that are affecting a chunk of people. Exactly how big that chunk is is hard to tell given those that hit bugs are more likely to comment.

The only super serious thing I've seen in there that might be widespread is micro stuttering on save. Hopefully that gets sorted quickly.

Already sounds to be a better port than DKS1, but that wouldn't be tough.

That's the only thing that happened to me after 2 hours.

justjim89

I'm full of steak and birthday cake and now it's time to watch the Dark Souls 3 Quick Look with Raw on in the background.

It's been a good day.

justjim89

So what missions to you guys think they'll complete by the end

I wonder if Drew will tackle the Quiet mission

That last Quiet mission is maybe the most poorly-designed mission I've ever encountered in a video game. It took me like 6 hours of trying to finish. What a piece of shit.

yami4ct

After 3 hours and 2 boss fights on max settings, I appear to have gotten lucky and am not experiencing the bonfire crash bug on PC.

For those having it in here, it sounds like putting lighting on 'Low' is a solution to the bonfire crash bug for a lot of people.

I really hope Dan remembers that mission is optional because Drew has zero fucking chance of finishing it.

A lot of the reason that mission is fucking trash is because it completely screws over people who build stealth (For the most part, there are stealthy ways that kind of sort of solve it). Drew has been doing lethal combat for a while, so he might have half a chance to not have it be a total mess.

Then again, his track record even in lethal comb is... not great.

I played through Dark Souls 1 again today just for fun and to remind myself and boy I sure did remind myself that the back half of that game is pretty garbage. Everything after the Lordvessel just isn't... very good. Bosses areas, nothing.

The DLC is muuuuuuch better than the other areas, but i wouldn't say the back half is garbage. That title is reserved for 80% of Dark Souls 2 main game :V

yami4ct

So uh

Should I get Ratchet and Clank

or Dark Souls 3

I really like Ratchet and Clank

And the last Souls game I beat was Demons souls

Sounds to me that you'd enjoy Ratchet and Clank more. Both those games seem like they're very good versions of what you'd expect from those series.

Sounds to me that you'd enjoy Ratchet and Clank more. Both those games seem like they're very good versions of what you'd expect from those series.

I really wanna try out dark souls 3 though because the magic system looks better than the limited paper stuff from dark souls

ahhhhh

And I never finished dark souls because that's when I was deep into league of legends

yami4ct

I'm surprised at the great reception R&C has been getting

Insomniac are still great devs and the last retail traditional Ratchet product (IIRC) was Future which was also awesome. Everything they've shown about R&C looked visually stunning and going back to the series' roots was something that was kind of needed even though Future was awesome. I'm not surprised it's a great game. It's just kind of a weird under hyped thing since it's a budget priced reboot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bullet Club is so 2014 of course WWE would just now be on it
tumblr_o5fgswqZCY1snhdpvo8_400.gif

I'm surprised at the great reception R&C has been getting

Why? The series has been historically well reviewed (typically 8's). The worst reviewed games were the atypical ones (i.e. the co-op game and the tower defense game), but even those were not given terrible reviews for the most part. What I am most interested in is if the reception the game is getting will translate to the movie. While I don't plan on seeing it, I can't wait for the reviews to hit. I think it has a chance to be the first video game movie to get a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, especially if the story doesn't pander to children.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bullet Club is really just 1997, which means the WWE is super into it right now.

Ratchet and Clank is great news. The only thing wrong with Sunset Overdrive was that it wasn't Ratchet and Clank. Insomniac can still make a really fun game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got R&C coming in the mail tomorrow. Mostly bought it because it's the best looking game, to me, that I've seen on the PS4 so far.

Tubobutts

I'm going to join you guys in your Soulsmania by not buying Dark Souls 3 and instead looking at my unopened copy of SotFS and then playing NBA 2k16 while thinking I should really finish the Witcher.

yami4ct

I'm going to join you guys in your Soulsmania by not buying Dark Souls 3 and instead looking at my unopened copy of SotFS and then playing NBA 2k16 while thinking I should really finish the Witcher.

You could just buy the Witcher Expansion and just get the best that game has to offer in 6-8 hours or so.

Not that The Witcher 3 isn't worth finishing, but if you don't want to invest the time, Hearts of Stone is arguably better than anything in the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom