• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to that subreddit, that post was deleted by the mods.

That one was, too? I know they deleted one because it was discovered to be a post from someone who (elsewhere on Reddit) was celebrating DC fans' misery. Good on the mods for deleting that post. There is no room for that. Don't rub salt in wounds.

I feel like I need to watch Batman vs Superman just to witness how terrible it really is but I also feel like I'd rather wait to see if DC can actually put out a good movie.
Awesome. I'm pretty neutral overall on the Marvel CU, but the Cap. America films are a shining light. Really happy to hear the early reception is so positive.

I'm also pretty neutral on most of the MCU movies, I tend to enjoy them at the time but forget about them pretty quickly after seeing them. I think Winter Solider is the only one of the bunch I will happily watch again and I'm hoping that ends up carrying over to both Civil War and the next Avengers.

The more Superhero movies come out the more insane the reviews have become. Everything except maybe The Dark Knight was "Its a decent/bad summerblockbusterr" and now its "Its the best/worst movie ever made"

You're interpreting the RT score incorrectly, though. It's not like metacritic, RT is only a measure of consensus. If you read the snippets from the reviews they aren't over the top, merely positive.
I'm also pretty neutral on most of the MCU movies, I tend to enjoy them at the time but forget about them pretty quickly after seeing them. I think Winter Solider is the only one of the bunch I will happily watch again and I'm hoping that ends up carrying over to both Civil War and the next Avengers.
Yep, me too. I do wish Winter Soldier didn't get so grandiose with its ending, but it's certainly my favorite Marvel movie.

Myggen

2501806-1324596918-ycEjG.gif

You're interpreting the RT score incorrectly, though. It's not like metacritic, RT is only a measure of consensus. If you read the snippets from the reviews they aren't over the top, merely positive.

Yep, me too. I do wish Winter Soldier didn't get so grandiose with its ending, but it's certainly my favorite Marvel movie.

As for Civil War, it's currently getting an average of 8.8 on RT. Someone mentioned that the Dark Knight had an average of 8.4 (or maybe 8.6) and ended at a 94%. That was also Iron Man 1's RT rating (the highest an MCU movie has).

Doop

I don't care about comic books in the slightest, is that what us crazy Star Wars fans looks like to outsiders?

I don't really understand it either. I don't really understand why people choose Marvel or DC and just stick to it. I guess people draw lines in the sand no matter what sort of media it is.

FStop7

Banned
This one was the funniest (or saddest). It's the typical "my thing is intellectually superior and the mass audiences are too dumb to appreciate it" argument.

http://i.imgur.com/qJigzQE.png[/IMG]

Any Internet post that ends with "Who's with me?" is guaranteed shit.

Who's with me?

Dark Knight was overrated and so is Nolan

I think Nolan is finally starting to be properly rated, or at least more reasonably so than a few years ago. I've seen more coverage of his storytelling flaws (particularly his handling of female characters, who are typically there either as exposition or as motivational tools for men) and Intertstellar's critical reception was pretty lukewarm. Still a fan, though.

eh, Memento is a so-so movie somewhat saved by clever narrative device. Prestige is solid though.

I'm not saying he's bad, just overrated.

I think the Dark Knight and Inception being back to back caused this weird amount of hype around him, oddly enough that seems to have faded after The Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar.

I think Nolan is finally starting to be properly rated, or at least more reasonably so than a few years ago. I've seen more coverage of his storytelling flaws (particularly his handling of female characters, who are typically there either as exposition or as motivational tools for men) and Intertstellar's critical reception was pretty lukewarm. Still a fan, though.

yeah it seems like it settled down a little bit after the Batman movies and Inception. he actually has an amazing talent for sweeping people up in the movies so well that you don't question what he's presenting you, which makes for a really engaging experience. that breaks down pretty harshly once you stop to think about the movies later. he also has a talent for hiring pretty incredible cinematographers and editors.

but so much weight nowadays is placed on hot takes and immediate responses that more measured analyses that come later are largely lost.

daydream

Banned
eh, Memento is a so-so movie somewhat saved by clever narrative device. Prestige is solid though.

I'm not saying he's bad, just overrated.

again, overrated is a relative statement. overrated by the masses, sure. overrated by people whose opinions are actually worth a damn, i wouldn't say so

Megasoum

Banned
I wish Jeff would allow Anon on his Tumblr...

Sometime you have funny stories to tell that you just can't do without the anonymity.

Strax

Can I see the ones you're talking about that call it the best movie ever made?

Ok. I haven't read any that literally said Captain America CW is the best movie ever made but it annoys me that Superhero movies aren't judged the same way other movies are or people caught in some hype, good or bad.

The newest Fantastic Four had terrible hype before the reviews came out. It got terrible reviews. Right now its a 27 on metacritic and a Average Rating: 3.4/10 on RT. I watched it and was shocked. Its not even close to being that bad.

For me that makes no sense. Its not bad, its not good. Its the same and most Marvel movies.

Ok. I haven't read any that literally said Captain America CW is the best movie ever made but it annoys me that Superhero movies aren't judged the same way other movies are or people caught in some hype, good or bad.

The newest Fantastic Four had terrible hype before the reviews came out. It got terrible reviews. Right now its a 27 on metacritic and a Average Rating: 3.4/10 on RT. I watched it and was shocked. Its not even close to being that bad.

For me that makes no sense. Its not bad, its not good. Its the same and most Marvel movies.
Ah, yeah I agree. Too much criticism occupies the extremes. After Earth (while not a good movie) really got piled on and it always seemed so disproportionate to me. People were primed to pounce on Shyamalan. His most recent, The Visit, was actually kind of good!
I'm sure Kojima's next bullshit will provide some opportunities for that
We can only hope and pray.

Chuck

Still without luck
Why so much weekend threading up in this b today? It's Thursday.

Unrelated, PS4 was outta room for Ratchet, so it's pretty fun giving the middle finger to the stuff I know I'll never touch again by deleted it. Eat shit, Division!

I'd be quite interested in Kojima having to 'prove himself' to another publisher with a medium sized project tbh.

The next thing can be a big budget mess.

It looks like he'll be doing that horror thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom