• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror's Edge looks good. I'm hoping I get a beta code next week.

I'm not a fan of the new Runner Vision, as it gives off the impression being linear. It doesn't seem to promote alternate pathways.

"10 XP GAINED"

uh-oooooooooh

JolFvy4.png

spaghetti-oooooos

Also I liked how even though EA and DICE have been hammering on about IT'S NOT A SEQUEL WE'RE REBOOTING SINCE THE FIRST GAME'S STORY WAS CRAP since the announcement, Brad immediately and confidently rebuts Drew mentioning that by saying that it's a direct sequel

yami4ct

spaghetti-oooooos

Also I liked how even though EA and DICE have been hammering on about IT'S NOT A SEQUEL WE'RE REBOOTING SINCE THE FIRST GAME'S STORY WAS CRAP since the announcement, Brad immediately and confidently rebuts Drew mentioning that by saying that it's a direct sequel

No one confidently reports misinformation like Brad. Except maybe sometimes Rorie.

Myggen

Wait you need to use skill points just to be able raise your legs while jumping and to swing off of shit?

No no noooooooo

Hoping those are just "default" skills that are automatically unlocked at the start because otherwise...

This is EA so never say never, but I have to believe that that will be the case.

apparently they rebooted her tattoos too

I think when they first announced the game they put out some art where she had the tattoos, maybe this game will give us the rich lore behind her tattoos!

Wait you need to use skill points just to be able raise your legs while jumping and to swing off of shit?

No no noooooooo

Hoping those are just "default" skills that are automatically unlocked at the start because otherwise...
That first image shows a prompt to unlock it so they're probably mostly unlocks.

StoveOven

Banned

No no noooooooo

I hope and think this is the case because Brad had 12 movement skills unlocked and only played the first 3 hours of the game. That could just be a demo thing, but I hope it's not

Heh, they integrated the time trials into the game like in Burnout Paradise.

Hopefully I get a beta code. I'll likely get Origin Access for the 10 hour trial and get it on PS4 if my machine can't run it well enough.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No one confidently reports misinformation like Brad. Except maybe sometimes Rorie.

Careful he may come in here and unleash some savage snark.
It's true though.

Also wow they fucked up Mirror's Edge by putting core mechanics in a skill tree? Jesus.

KingKong

What, when you guys were playing MIrrors Edge and going through unique and interesting levels you didnt think 'I wish I could traverse back and forth across the same environment to pick up sidequests and missions'

You guys should look closely at that screenshot emcee posted.

There's more skills in the combat tree than the movement tree.

also aw shit, that's the
MST3K
Playstation Underground issue

You guys should look closely at that screenshot emcee posted.

There's more skills in the combat tree than the movement tree.

I can't remember which video it was (probably JackFrag's) that showed that the combat skills were stuff like "do more damage to the regular cops," "do more damage to the cops in armor," etc.

Does this upcoming demo disc just have all of
Puyo Puyo Sun
on it? That seems insane.

I can't remember which video it was (probably JackFrag's) that showed that the combat skills were stuff like "do more damage to the regular cops," "do more damage to the cops in armor," etc.

Still doesn't do much to instill me with hope.

popo

Same awkward combat and traversal in Mirrors Edge? It is cool that they are sticking to their guns but I am not sure if they are going to sell it to anyone who didn't like the first one.

popo

huh, this new Mirrors Edge voice actor sounds a lot like Jennifer Hale. Apparently it isn't though.

Gears 4, takes the phrase, "they made another one of those" to a new level.

From the multilayer at least. Been a while since the last though (Judgement does not exist). Not like they have been banging them out yearly a la Ass Creed or COD.

From the multilayer at least. Been a while since the last though (Judgement does not exist). Not like they have been banging them out yearly a la Ass Creed or COD.

It doesn't matter if it's a yearly or every five years, it would be nice to see a series change and do something other than the same identical crap they've been doing.

popo

It doesn't matter if it's a yearly or every five years, it would be nice to see a series change and do something other than the same identical crap they've been doing.

Plenty of other games reinvent the wheel. Maybe someone who loved Gears multiplayer is glad they are not changing things for the sake of it. New game modes, weapons and maps, so it isn't exactly a remake.

I doubt I will even play it online but the mechanics of gears have always been solid IMO. No need to throw them all out chasing something new. If you want another also-ran cover shooter there are plenty to choose from.

I share the view that the could have made changes to the setting and story but then gears story has always been terrible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, they could change gears to make it more for me, but people like their gears, and seeing that gears was never for me I don't really see the need for it to change and alienate its core audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom