• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to talk about the Gear of War 4 unfinished. What were your thoughts?

Watching the Ratchet & Clank quick look made me realize how ready I was for another one of those - that brief look at Gears gave me pretty much the exact opposite reaction. It's another one of those and I'm sure there's an audience there, but I'll probably pass.

KingKong

Mirrors Edge 2 being open world, filled with collectibles and experience points that unlock skills sounds like a parody of modern videogames

Myggen

I`m ready for another good Horde mode, so if that game has that I`m good. I have never given a fuck about the competitive multiplayer of GoW and this looks very much like the competitive multiplayer of one of those games.

But yeah, Horde mode in GoW 3 was SO. MUCH. FUN.

A video doesn`t exclude Bombcast talk about it.

No but I'm saying I don't think that video really had all that much value. There were plenty of times when Brad was talking about something that wasn't happening on video or something that didn't come up again like the rowdy run vaulting. Or in the QB unfinished where Drew barely showed off the time power stuff.

On the subject if the actual video it just confirmed it's going to be more fucking Gears and after hearing about the ideas they could have gone with, I'm really disappointed.

Myggen

No but I'm saying I don't think that video really had all that much value. There were plenty of times when Brad was talking about something that wasn't happening on video or something that didn't come up again like the rowdy run vaulting. Or in the QB unfinished where Drew barely showed off the time power stuff.

On the subject if the actual video it just confirmed it's going to be more fucking Gears and after hearing about the ideas they could have gone with, I'm really disappointed.

It`s more like the kind of video Youtubers really, really like to do where you talk about something over some footage that isn`t always that relevant to what you`re talking about. When they still like to go to these kind of events from time to time they might as well capture some footage and do a video like that and maybe get a fuckton of views.

I have always gotten into Gears completive since 2. Excited to play game at 60. Would like to see Horde 3.0. Horde has some of the best coop I've ever played.

Horde is kind of the thing that I'm most interested in seeing considering how much they added to that mode in 3.

Overall I think Gears in this weird spot where I find it's core gameplay to be kind of slow and outdated but at the same time I feel like that style of gameplay IS Gears and changing it would probably be a poor choice.

I think Gears 3 just killed me on that style of cover shooter, even if I did enjoy my time with it. Hopefully Black Tusk can put some cool new ideas into the campaign and horde that actually make the idea of the new Gears interesting to me.

StoveOven

Banned
Mirrors Edge 2 being open world, filled with collectibles and experience points that unlock skills sounds like a parody of modern videogames

Open world and collectibles are fine. In fact, that's a game where I would want to get collectibles because the traversal is so fun. But unlockable skills sounds worrisome. I hope they're all related to combat and serve no purpose other than doing shit that looks cool

Lijik

Open world and collectibles are fine. In fact, that's a game where I would want to get collectibles because the traversal is so fun. But unlockable skills sounds worrisome. I hope they're all related to combat and serve no purpose other than doing shit that looks cool
Theres specifically a movement skill tree where you need to unlock things like quick turning which strikes me as bogus. Would rather have all of the movement abilities from the start

StoveOven

Banned
Theres specifically a movement skill tree where you need to unlock things like quick turning which strikes me as bogus. Would rather have all of the movement abilities from the start

That sounds awful. That's a key ability in the first game. I'm still excited that we're even getting a Mirror's Edge sequel, but why are devs insistent on putting stuff like this into their games? It only makes the early parts less fun.

In a good way? I'll probably play it eventually.

Yeah, some of it's just related to the idea of this game being the final of a trilogy so you're seeing a lot of things come together but that's something that's not at all normal for this series.

And then another thing happened that's actually super weird that I couldn't really describe because I'm not entirely sure what's happening and it's kind of rad.

convo

Jesus guys don't ever look up the final launch trailer for DS3 Bamco put up, or their twitter. Spoilers out the ass. It's a really good trailer too but it is made for people who beat the game.

Jesus guys don't ever look up the final launch trailer for DS3 Bamco put up, or their twitter. Spoilers out the ass. It's a really good trailer too but it is made for people who beat the game.

Is this one of those cases where you wouldn't realize it's a spoiler unless someone pointed it out?

convo

I don't know why xp would make the game that worse. Dying light got amazing parkour just fine with moves getting unlocked by XP. Also this game shouldn't have worthless gun combat like they promised.

It's amazing to me how Namco's twitter spoils the most worthwhile thing to witness in the game in my opinion just casually in one gif.

it's like that one BvS trailer that basically showed all the plot twists (if you can call them that)

not sure what marketing people are thinking most of the time

it's like that one BvS trailer that basically showed all the plot twists (if you can call them that)

Oh god, whatade this even worse is that there was a video by Snyder asking people to not reveal spoilers before early screenings. There wasn't shit to spoil lol. Unless you count the one thing that no one predict only because they wouldn't think you'd do something so dumb.

I don't know why xp would make the game that worse. Dying light got amazing parkour just fine with moves getting unlocked by XP. Also this game shouldn't have worthless gun combat like they promised.

because "open-world climb the tower and level up" is not mirror's edge at all

also I can't wait until that "kind of looks like a bad guy" resistance leader totally betrays us

Strax

My 2 cents after working as a copywriter

You can't sell people something if they don't know about it. If you don't follow movie news you might not have known that Wonder Woman was in it. You can bet your ass having her in trailers put some female butts in seats. When you are making a huge movie its really hard to hang your hat on people liking your plot twist or something like that.

Oh god, whatade this even worse is that there was a video by Snyder asking people to not reveal spoilers before early screenings. There wasn't shit to spoil lol. Unless you count the one thing that no one predict only because they wouldn't think you'd do something so dumb.

the super shitty thing about that is that movie goers are a captive audience. I don't care about spoilers or anything but I think it's reasonable to not hold people down and force them to watch it.

"Oh, you like Deadpool? Here's the ending to another unrelated movie."

oti

Banned
Nothing could get me interested in a new Gears I'm afraid. That series was cool-ish back in the day but now it's just blergh to me. The aesthetic, the bros, the colour palette. Nuh, I'm good. But you go and have some fun.

yami4ct

Have they announced if they're doing a Gears 4 PC Port? If so, and the port isn't as absolutely shit as QB's, I'd be interested to check it out. I still really enjoy the act of playing Gears. If I got it on sale, I'd love to play through a new Gears campaign.

Myggen

Have they announced if they're doing a Gears 4 PC Port? If so, and the port isn't as absolutely shit as QB's, I'd be interested to check it out. I still really enjoy the act of playing Gears. If I got it on sale, I'd love to play through a new Gears campaign.

GoW 4 is coming to PC. Brad said in the comments that from what they told him it sounded like everything that will come to the game on Xbone will also be there on PC, maps etc.

They like to highlight big moments in movies and games without context because it gets attention. If Batman was shot in the head at some point during Dawn of Justice, even if it was a hallucination, you start or end the trailer with that shot. It gets people talking, and puts butts in the seat. Is it smart? Not always. Does it work? Not always.

daydream

Banned
i'm glad more mirror's edge is happening but the original was such a pure experience, hate to see that diluted with 201X game design

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
i'm glad more mirror's edge is happening but the original was such a pure experience, hate to see that diluted with 201X game design

I long ago accepted that Mirror's Edge 2 will be a garbage shooter where all of the freerunning is automatic so you don't have to worry or be concerned about playing well.

Myggen

I continue to be surprised that a Mirror`s Edge sequel is happening at all.

Have the GB crew heard any rumblings about a PC version of Scale Bound?

Not that they`ve said. Jeff seems pretty convinced that MS will push all their first party games to PC and most if not all third party exclusives, at least for as long as MS cares about the PC this time around. I would say that Scale Bound has a good chance of coming to PC.

Chuck

Still without luck
I do want to talk about the Gear of War 4 unfinished. What were your thoughts?
I swear that multiplayer looks indistinguishable from 3, I even thought a map might be a remake of an old one. It's not less new, it's zero new.

"High level gears players actually like rolling and shotgunning"

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If I could take one thing back in my life, it would be never hearing Dan say "I don't know what imperialism means"

actually it would probably be a lot of other things, such as me existing, but you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom