• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
w082QI0.png

hamchan

You could say the Giant Bomb crew have been doing a community endurance run since the day they first started.

PAX Q&As are the secret, super hard bosses of the endurance run.

jgminto

Vinny mentioning The Witcher 3 on the Beastcast reminds me that I should probably return to that. I'm at the Bloody Baron moment they reached in the QL. I feel like I wasn't enjoying playing it as much as I should have though.

Maiorum

Vinny mentioning The Witcher 3 on the Beastcast reminds me that I should probably return to that. I'm at the Bloody Baron moment they reached in the QL. I feel like I wasn't enjoying playing it as much as I should have though.

He mentions The Witcher 3 on the podcast? I must have missed that. Timestamp?

Jintor

that reminds me, I don't really want to necessarily play more LiS but is it still worth watching the Beast Coast play through?

I might go grab the soundtrack after too lol

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I haven't even finished last weeks Beastcast and the new one is already here. This is incredibly stressful, I need to step up my podcast listening.

that reminds me, I don't really want to necessarily play more LiS but is it still worth watching the Beast Coast play through?

I might go grab the soundtrack after too lol

Yes, absolutely.

Jintor

Wait, have you finished it?

No but I kinda actively don't want to. I got to the end of chapter two and I was enjoying the events of the game but I wasn't really enjoying playing it, if that makes any sense.

I don't think I like that style of gameplay very much even if I like the actual story contents/characters/mood.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No but I kinda actively don't want to. I got to the end of chapter two and I was enjoying the events of the game but I wasn't really enjoying playing it, if that makes any sense.

I don't think I like that style of gameplay very much even if I like the actual story contents/characters/mood.

Oh nah, that's fair enough. It's why I kind of never want to play another telltale game after TWD1.

I'm not crazy about LiS's gameplay but I tolerate it because it gives you more of a space to explore which I like.

I feel you. Didn't mind playing through TftB because it's amazing from a dialogue and story perspective, but I don't have much tolerance for that style of game either. I'd much rather it just be all dialogue choices unless you actually have good puzzles, which I don't think Teltale games/LiS/UD had.

LiS was ok except for the part where all the decisions you made ended up being thrown away for a 'Do you want a Red cupcake or a Blue cupcake' moment

Jintor

I was getting stressed out playing it cos of butterfly effect and the potential to (in-universe) constantly save scum. I was constantly triple guessing myself and undoing/redoing decisions.

LiS was ok except for the part where all the decisions you made ended up being thrown away for a 'Do you want a Red cupcake or a Blue cupcake' moment

I feel like with these games I just stopped expecting my choices to have totally different outcomes by the end. Most of them just have diamond shaped choices where no matter what you choose by the time it loops back to the end it's pretty much the same.

If the writing's good, it's good and that's really all I care about.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Man, Gears 4 almost put me to sleep. I know it's being streamed at half its framerate, but the gameplay/graphics just look baaaad.

derFeef

That Mirrors Edge video really reminded me that I tried to like ME but generally could not get into it. Will be the same with the new one.

Fjolle

I'm thinking about starting to decorate my appartement... I don't have anything on my walls right now.

I'm really fucking bummed that the Olly Moss Star Wars posters and the Jason Edmiston Rocky 4 poster are all limited edition stuff and basically impossible to find now.
A friend of mine went to a print shop and had them print a copy of the Moss Totoro. Obviously it's not silkscreen quality, but it looks suprisingly good.

Wait, why does Brad keep saying the new Mirror's Edge is a direct sequel? Isn't it supposed to be a prequel? Like Mirror's Edge: Origins or something.

kAmui-

I was just about to go to Skellige before christmas when I stopped playing. I started playing again this week and am loving it.

Wait, why does Brad keep saying the new Mirror's Edge is a direct sequel? Isn't it supposed to be a prequel? Like Mirror's Edge: Origins or something.

I'm pretty sure they've said that it's a reboot.

kAmui-

Watching the Mirror's Edge Unfinished now and fuuuucckkk. That skill tree bums me out. I have to unlock all the basic skills I had in the previous game? Some of those are pretty essential to playing the game. Hype decreased significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom