• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kAmui-

To be fair Maggie is in a top 10 movie of all time, even tho she's the worst actor in the main cast.

But Jake's in Donnie Darko too.
I actually don't know if that movie holds up. I'm guessing not, so I choose to think it's awesome and never watch it again.

But Jake's in Donnie Darko too.
I actually don't know if that movie holds up. I'm guessing not, so I choose to think it's awesome and never watch it again.

It kind of does, but not in the same way. I think it's look still holds up because they went for that stylized retro look, and the creepy Jake parts are still pretty creepy.

kAmui-

It kind of does, but not in the same way. I think it's look still holds up because they went for that stylized retro look, and the creepy Jake parts are still pretty creepy.

Really? I've kinda just expected it's one of those things that was really cool when you were a teenager but actually isn't that cool.

I will see every film that Jake Gyllenhaal is in. Conversely, I'd like to go the rest of my days without ever seeing Maggie again.
Really? I've kinda just expected it's one of those things that was really cool when you were a teenager but actually isn't that cool.
This is exactly what Donnie Darko is. Teens love it because of its pseudo-philosophical themes, but really it's just vapid nonsense and angst.

repeater

In the end, Dan was the true final boss of MGSV
We knew this all along.

esMdjt4.jpg

Strax

Frank might as well be named Indie Movie: The Movie.

Nightcrawler was so close to becoming a top 10 fav. movie of all time for me. Just needed 1-2 scens of Lou being alone, maybe cooking and the last scene wasn't good and the film could've ended at 2 times before it did.

Zaph

JG is really creepy in Nightcrawler. Like creeper cam Jeff creepy.

Great film though.

I love how much the director and cinematographer fucks with the audience in Nightcrawler. The creepier JG's character and actions get, the cooler the film looks. By the end, the film is basically telling the audience to eat it off the floor and say thank you.

hamchan

SW4 was real fun, I really enjoyed it.

As a longtime Musou fan, it's now funny to me that good old Dynasty Warriors just seems too plain now compared to all the spin-offs.

I'd much rather play SW4, Hyrule Warriors or One Piece at this point than DW.

As a longtime Musou fan, it's now funny to me that good old Dynasty Warriors just seems too plain now compared to all the spin-offs.

I've really contemplated getting a One Piece musou a few times because I was a big Dynasty Warriors fan in the early years but kind of just grew out of it. I still haven't picked one up but it keeps popping up in my mind from time to time.

i remember seeing donnie darko for the first time after picking it up for $5 and being like, is this shit the thing everyone is excited for?

And then the director did his "director's cut" which somehow made the thing worse and it was apparent that even the things that kinda work in DD were just a fluke.

stop watching bad time travel movies people youre better than this

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If I can subsist on seafood and not die of mercury poisoning.

I'd do it.

Also fuck I have too little time for games. 4 hours into dark souls only for the week. :(

At least I got rid of that
ice boreal dude and explored undead settelment
quite a bit so far.

I know they've said they are revamping DW for the next game so I'm curious to see what they do. The way combat works in HW is probably the best they've done.

I would especially like for the Z-targeting of that game to be included in other Warriors titles, makes the fights against stronger enemies feel a bit more personal and engaging.

DamnBoxes

If I can subsist on seafood and not die of mercury poisoning.

I'd do it.

Also fuck I have too little time for games. 4 hours into dark souls only for the week. :(

At least I got rid of that
ice boreal dude and explored undead settelment
quite a bit so far.

Can you at least go wild with DS3 this weekend? Weekends are for video games.

Weekdays and weeknights are also for video games too by the way.

I am really really enjoying Dark Souls 3 so far. I was planning on waiting because I assumed I'd be neck deep in VR but since I haven't received a headset yet, I jumped in and it's grabbed me like all those games have. The intensity of playing one for the first time is just not something I experience with any other games that I can think of.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can you at least go wild with DS3 this weekend? Weekends are for video games.

Weekdays and weeknights are also for video games too by the way.

Hopefully, I dunno though, I'm enjoying DS3 but it stresses me out in a way that I'm not sure if I can do long hours. Kind of like most souls games really.

Hopefully, I dunno though, I'm enjoying DS3 but it stresses me out in a way that I'm not sure if I can do long hours. Kind of like most souls games really.

Honestly I find DS3 less stressful than Bloodborne. Bloodborne it felt like there was doom around every corner. DS3 is more...I dunno, less harsher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom