• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuclear Throne
Owners: 281,599 ± 12,494

Enter the Gungeon
Owners: 191,563 ± 10,307

Enter the Gungeon has only been out for ten days and it's going to likely lap nuclear throne's lifetime sales in less than a month's time. You know those NT folks are punching their pillows repeatedly at EoG's success lol

Nuclear Throne

Enter the Gungeon

Enter the Gungeon has only been out for ten days and it's going to likely lap nuclear throne's lifetime sales in less than a month's time. You know those NT folks are punching their pillows repeatedly at EoG's success lol

probably punching themselves over how much better Gungeon is

I love the idea of Gungeon in theory, and the game looks super cool. I even played it once at Pax and had a pretty good time albeit it seemed pretty tough. I bounced super hard off Rogue Legacy which it seems similar to in practice. I think I am just really bad at 2d platformers which may explain the problems with Rogue Legacy, but the 'dodge all this shit on the screen' was a tough ask for my twitch skillz. I haven't played much of any twin stick shooting in a while so I'm wondering if I'll be able to play this at all. Pretty much the only thing holding me back from instabuying it tonight

first game in the doom beta and I'm put in a 165 ping game with a bunch of rank 1s against the rank 15 host and a bunch of other rank 15s

matchmaking continues to be the worst

And that's a bad thing why? Game looks fun.

From my perspective of being genuinely hooked on a game (Warframe, before that TF2), I can understand this feeling. Might not be the same for Data but right now it's really hard for me to get into any other game because of how used to the controls/movement I am with the current game of addiction. With TF2 I was always worried I'd lose my edge with map traversal especially when I started to get really good with rocket jumping, and knowing matchpus. In Warframe nothing has quite the same efficient movement system, and its particular brand of PvE feels very good.

It affects playing other games pretty hard sometimes and I have a lot of trouble starting games I might be interested in, like Dustforce or Subnautica, because I know it won't be the same. It's a really bad problem that I don't know how to break personally; with TF2 I stopped enjoying it because there was a period where they dumped out a lot of new weapons pretty steadily and it felt less cut and dry, so I guess with Warframe the devs will have to fuck up something fierce to get me to stop playing.

I'd kill to play Overwatch but my internet situation completely bars me from playing.

pizzacat

Banned
Nuclear Throne

Enter the Gungeon

Both are good games, doesn't matter really

K.Sabot

Nuclear Throne shot itself in the foot with its release.

Multiple years of early access, I more or less forgot the game had officially released.

Gungeon just came out of nowhere, wasn't even aware of its short EA period.

Both are good games, doesn't matter really

sure, but it's gotta irk even the least sensitive dev to see something come out that's really similar to your long-in-production game and see it take off like it has. I'd argue that early access might have hurt NT more than it helped but i didn't follow the dev process and I don't know if they needed to go EA to make NT doable.

But yeah i wasn't pitting the games against one another, I am happy to live in a world where two indie developed twin stick rogue-likes can peacefully coexist and do well.

pizzacat

Banned
The only thing about tf2 that got bad was that everyone sucked, it got hard trying to find servers where everyone was evenly skilled

Is Patrick ever writing that book report? Seems pretty lame to not come through. Are they saving it for PAX?
He has enough on his plate at the moment.
One point I want to make, though. For the great sin of covering this topic, the personal details of my family have been investigated, with harassers finding ways to target us in real-life. That we cannot even have a discussion without such extremes shows how toxic this has all become.

SomberOwl

DS3 question here.

Does anyone know which attributes increase your casting speed?

Is there anywhere to see what your casting speed is like in DS2? Or do they hide that now?

No_Style

Props to Scoops for staying strong. It must be tough having his job affect his family. It's incredibly fucked up when the root of all this is just a bunch of angry nerds fussing over video game bullshit.

Props to Scoops for staying strong. It must be tough having his job affect his family. It's incredibly fucked up when the root of all this is just a bunch of angry nerds fussing over video game bullshit.

It's more like angry right wing nerds pretending to fuss over video game bullshit.

Robaperas

The abuse Alison Rapp's husband has received has been disgusting. There's a link to his blog from Patrick's article with screenshots.

Wow, I shouldn't have read those tweets... some people just make me want to puke. What a bunch of pathetic humans.

Edit: I hope Jake keeps doing dope shit.

It's more like angry right wing nerds pretending to fuss over video game bullshit.

It's not even right wing, it's extreme right wing. People who think women shouldn't be allowed to work--right wing. The people who look back at imaginary glory days and think that the "golden years" were real... Along with just general scumbags who found this new thing to latch on to in order to fill the gaping hole where human compassion should be.

I love Vinny and I love The Witcher 3 but I felt bad for him because he was dying to explore more and probably felt under pressure to keep things moving. It's not really a game that's good for streaming unless you're wanting to go all in on it.

Zaph

It's not even right wing, it's extreme right wing. People who think women shouldn't be allowed to work--right wing. The people who look back at imaginary glory days and think that the "golden years" were real... Along with just general scumbags who found this new thing to latch on to in order to fill the gaping hole where human compassion should be.

It's barely even about video games at this point or even "gamer culture" - instead it's more like a mob that skulks around the internet looking for easy targets (who are, more often than not, women). There has been quite a few internet harassment stories that have made the headlines over here about completely unrelated issues (a campaigning feminist, a tv reporter etc) are all the tactics are the exact same and even originate from some of the same forums. It's like they wait for internet outrage of any kind, and then get to 'work' on them.

ArjanN

I love Vinny, but sometimes his need for chaos gets a bit old.

I kinda agree. It can be funny but mostly if the game isn't actually that entertaining by itself or is very sandbox-y like in Sleeping Dogs.

In more cinematic stuff like Life is Strange and the Witcher I feel it's always more fun to "play along" with what the game wants from you than to fight against it.

It sounds like the gate on their mics are off, and it is make me crazy... or there is a low hum in the studio that is below the gate and you can only here when they talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom