• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

I seem to remember more about the first Eisenhorn book than I thought. This apartment they're stealthing isn't anything like I pictured it.

jaina

Why should Giant Bomb have regularly scheduled features, if our P4ER rewatch can't manage a schedule either? In typical GB tradition it happened once and was never seen again :p

Why should Giant Bomb have regularly scheduled features, if our P4ER rewatch can't manage a schedule either? In typical GB tradition it happened once and was never seen again :p

Haha, oh yeah, were we not gonna continue that? Turnout was pretty good the first time.

daydream

Banned

i was away all day and just came home fifteen minutes ago

the rewatch is not really predicated on my presence, you guys could have gone ahead

Xater

They released a book, Index Astartes: Apocrypha (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/04/index-astartes-apocrypha-inside-the-covers.html), and a unique model this week to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Space Marines. Unfortunately? They severely undershipped the books (some stores only got one copy, like this one: http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2016/04/30-years-of-space-marines-imperial.html?m=1). They didn't even have enough copies at their GW shops, which you'd think they'd have data for to help them calculate how many they need to allocate to their own shops. For example, how do you send only 5 models and 1 book to a GW shop: http://twitter.com/GWCrewe/status/721279972074266624.

Most of the complaints have been on Twitter, not in any forum threads that I've seen.

Well that is pretty dumb. And looking at that book I'd even get it. I would expect them to actually make sure it's widely available.

Zaph

This made me laugh:

RLyvi8v.png

also, it's basically a 20 minute edit of the vive stream with the thinnest layer of editorial added and 120k views. Yt is such a wild west

Myggen

This made me laugh:

RLyvi8v.png

also, it's basically a 20 minute edit of the vive stream with the thinnest layer of editorial added and 120k views. Yt is such a wild west

It got linked on several subreddits. I would also say that it has more than a thin layer of editorial added since he didn't include pretty much any positive impressions and made the Vive look as bad as he could.

Myggen

I meant the Reddits that it got linked on. Was it more people being angry that someone would say the product is shit right now or cynical people agreeing with the video?

A bit of both. Here people are mostly calling out that it was a horribly misleading video.

Searching Reddit it seems like it wasn`t linked as much as I thought. That guy seems to just get that amount of views on the videos he makes.

Zaph

I just kinda wish I had access to GB's youtube account so I could copyright claim a ton of shit. I bet it feels cathartic being on the other end of that.

if you want inaccurate titles, he also has a video called "GTA IV is better than GTA V"

In fairness to him, "GTA IV is better than GTA V at boring you to tears and uninstalling itself after two hours" probably didn't fit

I broke my Xbox One controler, and feel like buying an Elite Controller. The only game I am currently playing is Stardew Valley. I should not do this.

yami4ct

A bit of both. Here people are mostly calling out that it was a horribly misleading video.

Searching Reddit it seems like it wasn`t linked as much as I thought. That guy seems to just get that amount of views on the videos he makes.

I honestly can't believe someone can rack up a hundred thousand views just putting out stuff like that. The internet is weird.

Looking at that thread, VR reddit is still exactly what I remember them being. Boy that tech can be hard to discuss without the discussions becoming a mess.

Myggen

I honestly can't believe someone can rack up a hundred thousand views just putting out stuff like that. The internet is weird.

Looking at that thread, VR reddit is still exactly what I remember them being. Boy that tech can be hard to discuss without the discussions becoming a mess.

That's VR everything tbh. GAF threads about VR that are not dedicated OTs can become just as bad. But yeah, the tribalism that comes with dedicated subreddits to the individual headsets etc. really bring out an extra degree of crazy. Doesn't help that big subreddits in general are a pretty terrible place to be.

TIL people take CinemaSins at face value

The thread in OT is fantastic.

that shit just makes me feel old and tired. there are people critiquing the people who are critiquing the video that critiques a video series about critiquing movies

diarrhea ouroboros

yami4ct

that shit just makes me feel old and tired. there are people critiquing the people who are critiquing the video that critiques a video series about critiquing movies

diarrhea ouroboros

Yeah. Those discussions are more exhausting than funny.

Like, I think shit like Honest Trailers and Cinema Sins are right up there with 'angry guy yells at new popular nerd piece of culture' in terms of annoying YouTube garbage. Still, I know better than to take it seriously and actually break it down because it's not meant to be looked at that way. I just don't engage with it.

f0rk

Idle Thumbs playing Dark Souls is like the opposite of Giant Bomb. Nick just randomly killed the church lady on a whim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom