• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
legit pissed your avatar's not gerstmann anymore btw

I'm like this close to just cheat engine-ing my way to god mode so I don't have to deal with the worst part of the game

I remember a mall shootout in Mirror's Edge 1 that was particularly awful. At least the sequel doesn't look like it has guns?

Megasoum

Banned
CgXPc7-WQAA-sB1.jpg:large

Man I wonder if there's going to be any speedrun tech at all in Mirror's 2 or if it's just going to be bogged down all to fuck.

I get real depressed thinking that this might turn out like a ubisoft open world game.

Don't worry, they're making it better by locking basic fucking mechanics behind an XP grind.

God dammit I hope somebody at least got punched in the mouth when that meeting first happened, even if the asshole who suggested it won in the end.

I don't know, the whole "run towards a wall, 180 then jump" move is borderline broken so I can understand why someone would think it'd be smart to lock that behind something.

Also, holy god does this game look great in 4k, with 8X anti-aliasing on top of it

EDIT: going to be a little disappointed if Patrick phones it in and writes some "funny" thing instead of an actual report on his experience

Quenk

Man I wonder if there's going to be any speedrun tech at all in Mirror's 2 or if it's just going to be bogged down all to fuck.

I get real depressed thinking that this might turn out like a ubisoft open world game.

I remember hearing that someone that used to speedrun the first game started working at DICE for ME:C. I doubt that it'll have the kick glitch but hopefully it'll still be good for speedrunning.

Lunar FC

Probably not, but I would`ve been really happy with top 4 coming into the season so it`s all good regardless.

Vardy`s probably out for 2 games now though...

Hopefully it get really interesting down the stretch. Either way we gonna have a new prem champion which is going to be nifty. I just want pool to win the Europa so badsies. :''(

Myggen

Hopefully it get really interesting down the stretch. Either way we gonna have a new prem champion which is going to be nifty. I just want pool to win the Europa so badsies. :''(

I`m betting they will. I don`t personally give a fuck about the Europa, but if I was in Liverpool`s position the really important thing about it is to get into the Champions League.

TraBuch

Banned
If you can that would be ace.

Yeah, I dunno, seems fine. Wasn't working at first but then I realized I had to go left. Obviously it's a Kindle so if there're any colored panels they'll be in black and white. And if the text is too small, you can double tap the screen and it'll zoom in to a quarter of the screen and each page turn goes to the next quarter, as seen in the last picture which is a picture of the Kindle zoomed in to the top right quarter. If I read manga, seems like it'd be a decent way to read it. Any blurriness is just my unsteady hand.

http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_194309gqkgjvq.jpg
http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_194329j8k27.jpg
http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_194457dcje5.jpg
http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_2012145skf6.jpg

Now I've got Tokyo Ghoul manga in my purchase history.

Lunar FC

I`m betting they will. I don`t personally give a fuck about the Europa, but if I was in Liverpool`s position the really important thing about it is to get into the Champions League.

For realsies. Would be huge going into the summer when Klopp finally gets to make the sqiad his own. Also praying them don't dump Sturridge, I just got his shirt for xmas.

As an Arsenal fan, f*ck you all.

And Vardy is a real piece of sh*t; finally shown in it in the league.

It's even funnier now that yall fluffed the dove again.

Myggen

Anyone here a pretty regular listener to Jeff`s Mixlr? I`m wondering how many there are. I personally never listen to them outside of special events like the big E3 drive and whenever people in this thread mention standout moments.

valeo

Anyone here a pretty regular listener to Jeff`s Mixlr? I`m wondering how many there are. I personally never listen to them outside of special events like the big E3 drive and whenever people in this thread mention standout moments.

There are sh*tloads; I always get notifications but never listen.

TraBuch

Banned

There's basically two every work day.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst and MGSV are good examples of why "everyone loves open world games! let's make our game open world!" is an awful game design philosophy

I think Mirror's Edge, conceptually, could be really great in an open world. I very much would like a large playground to aimlessly mess around with the mechanics in when I don't feel like doing a story mission or a time trial. Who knows how the execution will be? Open world MGS was horrendous though, I agree.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I dunno, seems fine. Wasn't working at first but then I realized I had to go left. Obviously it's a Kindle so if there're any colored panels they'll be in black and white. And if the text is too small, you can double tap the screen and it'll zoom in to a quarter of the screen and each page turn goes to the next quarter, as seen in the last picture which is a picture of the Kindle zoomed in to the top right quarter. If I read manga, seems like it'd be a decent way to read it. Any blurriness is just my unsteady hand.

http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_194309gqkgjvq.jpg
http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_194329j8k27.jpg
http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_194457dcje5.jpg
http://abload.de/img/img_20160418_2012145skf6.jpg

Now I've got Tokyo Ghoul manga in my purchase history.

I'm sorry for that. Truly.

Thanks for your work though. Yeah I think I might get a paperwhite.

StoveOven

Banned
Mirror's Edge Catalyst and MGSV are good examples of why "everyone loves open world games! let's make our game open world!" is an awful game design philosophy

Open world facilitates the infiltration nature of MGS so well. That game has a ton of problems, but the open world is not one of them.

TraBuch

Banned
Just note that you literally won't be able to do anything else with it. It has an internet browser, but it's beyond shitty and might as well not even be there.

Just note that you literally won't be able to do anything else with it. It has an internet browser, but it's beyond shitty and might as well not even be there.

Yes, but it's really good at what it does. I've had the first paperwhite since it came out and every night I read for an hour before I go to sleep. On the lowest setting the light is perfect for letting me read but not being too bright to strain my eyes or mess up my ability to get to sleep. Probably the best ~$120 i've ever spent.

The boring, repetitive, empty open world was.

Bingo.

Open world facilitates the infiltration nature of MGS so well. That game has a ton of problems, but the open world is not one of them.

MGSV has the least interesting encounter design of all of the MGS games, and that's due in large part to the open world.

I think Mirror's Edge, conceptually, could be really great in an open world. I very much would like a large playground to aimlessly mess around with the mechanics in when I don't feel like doing a story mission or a time trial. Who knows how the execution will be? Open world MGS was horrendous though, I agree.

All open world games have tons of potential to be awesome. But it's really, really hard to nail it.

Yes, but it's really good at what it does. I've had the first paperwhite since it came out and every night I read for an hour before I go to sleep. On the lowest setting the light is perfect for letting me read but not being too bright to strain my eyes or mess up my ability to get to sleep. Probably the best ~$120 i've ever spent.

I've had like 4 kindles, love them. the paperwhite is fantastic.

... I should read more books without pictures

StoveOven

Banned
I found nothing about the open world in MGSV to be boring or repetitive. I really enjoyed exploring new bases and then going back and attacking them from different angles.

I recently dug my Kindle Keyboard out from storage and started reading again so I could use my commute for something other than sleeping. Great little device but it makes my thumbs hurt. I forgot how great the kindle was. And how...strange e-ink is.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Since it's tax return season and all and I'm just the best at procrastinating, I just found out that my return is about enough to cover a Vive.

Somebody stop me from making bad decisions, because my life up to this point has clearly demonstrated I'm unable to do it myself.

I found nothing about the open world in MGSV to be boring or repetitive. I really enjoyed exploring new bases and then going back and attacking them from different angles.

I feel the same way. It's one of very few games I actively wanted to replay stuff I already did over and over just to see the different ways I could accomplish the same tasks.

Since it's tax return season and all and I'm just the best at procrastinating, I just found out that my return is about enough to cover a Vive.

Somebody stop me from making bad decisions, because my life up to this point has clearly demonstrated I'm unable to do it myself.

Spend it all on Amiibos instead.

Lunar FC

Get it!! Hyyype!

buy a comically large sandwich instead

Tubobutts

I think I want to read a bunch of Warhammer 40k books...

Anyone here got any suggestions?
I haven't read that many of the novels but:
Eisenhorn (I haven't read Ravenor but those are probably good)
The Ciaphas Cain books are ok, but I don't think the writer is very good especially in the earlier books
People like Gaunt's Ghosts
I haven't read any Horus Heresy books but Vinny seems to like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom