• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this in the attic... I have no idea of the contents.

UQRwlVF.png

I think it might have Gamecube stuff on it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I need to decide if I wanna start reading the Mistborn series or the Black Company series first.

Mistborn is pretty quick to get through (the first trilogy at least). Not because they're short but because Sanderson is one of the only damn fantasy writers who knows how to write propulsively these days

Random question:

Should I get hardback of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, or this paperback ulitmate collection?

Note: I like hardbacks.
My read of the series was with that paperback edition. Big fucker but it's good. I remember thinking all five were worth reading but the events are a total blur in my head by now.
I need to decide if I wanna start reading the Mistborn series or the Black Company series first.
I haven't read Black Company but I can tell you that Mistborn is fun as hell.

justjim89

I'm not really liking her show.

I enjoy it. At the very least it's different and comes off as non-judgmental. Never feels like she's punching down, unless it's poking fun at herself. It feels like a weird fit for Comedy Central, though. It's not laugh-out-loud funny so much as there's just an irreverence to the whole thing.

I don't know if Dan's story ever made it into the show like she mentioned last year, it's not really a story or sketch kinda show so I can't think what it would have been. Maybe originally it was a sketch thing like every other CC show a new comedian gets.

I actually kinda want to get a tablet for manga but I'm wondering if a Kindle will suffice.

depends. I don't think any of the models would be good for that except the Fire. but if that's all you want it for you can get one of the lower end/older Fires for pretty cheap.

that's kind of all I use my ancient ipad 2 for these days.

I actually kinda want to get a tablet for manga but I'm wondering if a Kindle will suffice.

Unless you can install other reader apps or have a way to convert the manga into .pdfs without screwing their readability. But there's also a problem with size, sometimes reading on an 8in screen is really tough.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
depends. I don't think any of the models would be good for that except the Fire. but if that's all you want it for you can get one of the lower end/older Fires for pretty cheap.

that's kind of all I use my ancient ipad 2 for these days.

Yeah that's the thing, if it's a kindle I want a paperwhite but I don't think it'll have apps like the crunchyroll manga app.

Plus an iPad is more versatile but I'm not sure if I need that versatility?

Yeah that's the thing, if it's a kindle I want a paperwhite but I don't think it'll have apps like the crunchyroll manga app.

Plus an iPad is more versatile but I'm not sure if I need that versatility?

get a refurbed nexus 7 for <$100 or so then. ipads are too expensive for just a fancy comic reader.

Antiwhippy

A Paperwhite is just an e-reader. It's not a tablet, it has no apps.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if that will limit what I want to do on it.

I do buy manga from the kindle store, which works on the mobile app but I'm not sure if it works on the kindle.

TraBuch

Banned
I mean, all you can do on it is read books. If you want to do literally anything else with it, yeah, it'll limit what you can do.

e: I can get some free Manga on the Kindle store and see what it looks like if you want.

Antiwhippy

I mean, all you can do on it is read books. If you want to do literally anything else with it, yeah, it'll limit what you can do.

e: I can get some free Manga on the Kindle store and see what it looks like if you want.

If you can that would be ace.

playing through mirror's edge and I don't know how anybody could possibly think having combat at all in a follow-up is a good idea

or how making it open world is a good idea

or how

playing through mirror's edge and I don't know how anybody could possibly think having combat at all in a follow-up is a good idea

or how

Mirrors Edge is a game where you wish you could just make a place about running and scaling buildings and not have to tack combat on to, or craft a system where you have to avoid combat like Mirrors Edge kinda did in some parts.

legit pissed your avatar's not gerstmann anymore btw

I'm like this close to just cheat engine-ing my way to god mode so I don't have to deal with the worst part of the game

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

or how

Don't worry, they're making it better by locking basic fucking mechanics behind an XP grind.

God dammit I hope somebody at least got punched in the mouth when that meeting first happened, even if the asshole who suggested it won in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom