• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, I can't hate on that. Depends if they keep that ethos throughout the lifespan of the PS4 and neo, but that's a way that fucks with its userbase the least.

I am so curious to see how this goes for Sony. E3 is gonna be super interesting.

Also congrats on Austin on this reporting. This is his first big story, right?

I appear to have posted this scoop in the thread first.

Consider yourselves GB OT thread scooped.

fJxqvkl.gif

My boy Austin bringing in the hot scoooppsss!

This is terrible though. I hope incremental upgrades doesn't become a thing with consoles but who am I kidding, it will be because if you want the best of the best when it comes to consoles, you're going with the best. I do have a PC as well but I'm talking about when you want to play the best looking version of a exclusive console game.

Antiwhippy

This is terrible though. I hope incremental upgrades doesn't become a thing with consoles but who am I kidding, it will be because if you want the best of the best when it comes to consoles, you're going with the best. I do have a PC as well but I'm talking about when you want to play the best looking version of a exclusive console game.

Like, there is so little of it out there I just don't see it?

Also it's not like having the best graphics is what the mainstream cares about. The hardcore base will get this, but the mainstream base can still get all the PS4 games.

As I understand it, the improvement here is relatively minor, so I don't know what the play is. It might literally just be some corporate synergy nonsense where they need a bit more oomph to output at 4K because Sony makes 4K TVs so make a new game box.

Like, there is so little of it out there I just don't see it?

Also it's not like having the best graphics is what the mainstream cares about. The hardcore base will get this, but the mainstream base can still get all the PS4 games.

Yeah, that's the thing though I'm going to get it because when it comes to my entertainment I want to play the games as they were meant to be played(there are exceptions to the rule for example most of my friends/cousins are on Xbox One so I'm not going to ditch them lol). Also when we're talking about film it's the same thing, I always want to look at it the way it's meant to be seen which is why I buy shit tons of blurays lol.

As I understand it, the improvement here is relatively minor, so I don't know what the play is. It might literally just be some corporate synergy nonsense where they need a bit more oomph to output at 4K because Sony makes 4K TVs so make a new game box.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how much this will impact or have a difference when it comes to upcoming games. If it's just 4K then no thanks but if it's better + stable framerate + higher/stable resolution(1080P at all times) then I'll get it.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's really surprising how much worse the idea of a refreshed PS4 seems the more details come out or the more you think about it. What a disaster it's going to be.

yami4ct

That was a lot longer gif than I thought it was.

While VR is going to likely be an important thing long term, right now the PS4K is likely to affect and be of interest to a lot more people near term.

Also, NX is a bigger deal than PS4K.

I'm not a tech wizard, but that upgrade sounds less impressive than what I was led to believe by the PS4K thread.

It's fairly consistent from what we've heard. Big leap in graphics, decent leap in CPU. If they do call it the PS4K, though, that's going to create stupid expectations. You already see people thinking the new machine will run Uncharted quality games natively at 4K. That machine is certainly not doing that.

def sim

That's a pretty substantial difference. It's going to be interesting to see the dynamic between Neo and vanilla (Mr. Anderson?) owners in the coming months.

Antiwhippy

While VR is going to likely be an important thing long term, right now the PS4K is likely to affect and be of interest to a lot more people near term.

Also, NX is a bigger deal than PS4K.

It's fairly consistent from what we've heard. Big leap in graphics, decent leap in CPU. If they do call it the PS4K, though, that's going to create stupid expectations. You already see people thinking the new machine will run Uncharted quality games natively at 4K. That machine is certainly not doing that.

You'd think that people would have learnt from their PSP/Vita naming conventions. :p

yami4ct

You'd think that people would have learnt from their PSP/Vita naming conventions. :p

On the one hand, it's a brilliant name. 4K Blu-Ray support will be a major focus and it will most certainly have a 4k upscaler.

On the other hand, like I mentioned, it inflates expectations to a silly degree.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
4K itself is a silly marketing term. It's not 4000 pixels wide, and conventional resolution naming uses horizontal lines to determine the name. It's 2160p, but that doesn't sound futuristic enough.

This upgraded console is a dumb idea Sony probably mandated to push their 4K TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom