• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Enjoy the painted world brad. It's one of the best areas of the game
and it's all downhill after anor londo.

Bosses are worse, but the upcoming areas are visually some of my favorites in the game. running around in Lost Izalith, Tomb of Giants or Duke's Archive are all hugely memorable moments. If you haven't seen the Hydra yet, the first time I saw that boss is the single most memorable moment in Dark Souls to me.

Going down those stairs and realizing there's another big section shooting off of that. Wandering over there and all of a sudden getting blasted by a water jet. Finally, seeing the beast that shot that water. Chills.

Wouldn't say it's all a horrible slog. Duke's castle and new londo ruins aren't too bad. Tomb of the Giants and Lost Izalith are pure ass tho.

And assuming that Brad would be doing the DLC, that area/bosses are great too.

Duke's castle sucks until you find your way around, which is a pain in the ass.

it's kind of funny though, this is my first time playing on PC. Blighttown is such a non-issue when the framerate doesn't tank. takes you like 10 minutes to run through it.

popo

Jason, Brad, and Rorie holding down the fort!

They should build an actual blanket fort on the set and stream from there all day. Beef O'Brady isn't going either so rope him in.

From what I heard on the Bombast, it's Jeff, Dan, and Brad that are going.

I think you misheard about Brad. I remember him saying he wasn't going a few weeks back and he couldn't stream DS tomorrow if he were.

convo

I wonder if Brad actually manages to beat a dark souls game, if he'd remember all that stuff from Demons' that is referenced in Dark Souls 1. But of course that's far too deep a cut for Brad to even remember. The series is a factory of in-jokes and references, that never seems apparent to people who only like one game in the series and never want to bother thinking about more than one.

We're reaching peak Paxamania twitter.

CgA8BBsUsAAzN5P.jpg:large

yami4ct

I think I'm done with PAXMania. The jokes of the old timers have gotten played out for me and none of the new blood have the mic chops to pull it off and change shit up. Chalk it up to a joke that's run its course.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I'm not including the DLC in that statement. The DLC area and bosses are amazing.

Bosses are great, areas... ehh. I've played Dark Souls 1 so many times but it kinda drops off a cliff in terms of level design quality after Lordvessel. Even the DLC I'm not super hot on, bosses aside. No reason to do anything at all in the forest area besides make a beeline for the elevator shortcut and Artorias. Township is basically a straight line with some branches off of it, and the abyss is Tomb 2.0. Not a fan.

Painted World being a side area and Izalith part of the main line is like, borderline criminal.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I'm done with PAXMania. The jokes of the old timers have gotten played out for me and none of the new blood have the mic chops to pull it off and change shit up. Chalk it up to a joke that's run its course.

So like actual wrestling then.

I still think the PAXAMANIA stuff is fun, but yeah, after this upcoming one it'll probably have run its course for me too. Kind of crazy that it went from a little dumb thing to making the Main Stage at PAX East.

yami4ct

I still think the PAXAMANIA stuff is fun, but yeah, after this upcoming one it'll probably have run its course for me too. Kind of crazy that it went from a little dumb thing to making the Main Stage at PAX East.

It died for me when the started pushing Samantha so hard. She's smart and can make some cool shit, but she has zero mic charisma.

It died for me when the started pushing Samantha so hard. She's smart and can make some cool shit, but she has zero mic charisma.

Yeah. She's entertaining, but not the "shitty wrestling" type of entertaining like guys like Lang and Ryckert are. It's like having Terry Gross in the WWE.

Scizzy

I ran out of interest last year, but everyone involved seems to have so much fun with it that I can't begrudge its continued existence.

yami4ct

Yeah. She's entertaining, but not the "shitty wrestling" type of entertaining like guys like Lang and Ryckert are. It's like having Terry Gross in the WWE.

There's a vastly different skill set in delivering an interesting and intelligent point and making a really dumb fake feud fun, energetic and believable. She has the former, but she's severely lacking the latter.

The thing that hurt PAXW for me was when the title finish was super scripted which I know that sounds REALLY dumb for me to say. I was genuinely looking forward to some competitive No Mercy/WM2000 play between Alex and Samantha.

MG310

I almost never play the painted world the "right" way. If you jumping attack the dragon butt on the bridge, it stands up so you can just walk right under it to the boss. It's a really good bug.

Me either..I usually just jump off the bridge into the Phalanx area to get the main gate open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom