• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Weird but cool idea for a stream.

But the painted world isn't really a big area. You could probably see everything there is to do there in less than an hour max.

I think its because Brad got stuck in that area underleveled and has never seen the rest of the game.

Im totally excited for this.

kvk1

it makes no sense, because the dc metro area is also full of tons of very progressive people, but for some reason we're totally okay with also just giving hateful cockbags a podium too. the escalating political bumper sticker war is getting a bit ridiculous

my personal conspiracy theory is that we're increasingly being invaded by lobbyist transplants from other parts of the country

and lobbyists are the devil

I'm suddenly in the mood to play some more Souls now. Maybe i should finally get back to Bloodborne tonight.
I've really been wanting to play some Bloodborne after beating DS3, as much as I like the Dark Souls games there's definitely something about the pace and atmosphere of Bloodborne that I prefer.
Time will tell.

Since it will be him and Jason I wouldn't be surprised if they continue given how much Jason seems to like Dark Souls 1.

popo

I've always thought souls games were ugly as sin until I saw DS3 running max on my brothers new PC. Shit looks goooood.

No, they were ugly until Bloodborne forwards. Even the PC versions were slightly tarted up last gen ports. I know because DS2 runs 60 fps on my piece of shit toaster. DS3 min spec is much higher.

Lunar FC

The game selections are pretty poor, but I'm mostly just starting at whatever brad is doing anyways.

But for UPF without Jeff it's pretty good imo.

TraBuch

Banned
Which UPF was it where they played that Wii U game with like four or five multiplayer games where one was like a ghost and you try to catch the others and Rorie was absolutely dominating?

I.... Don't get Soda Drinker Pro.

There's old XB Indy Channel games that were tons better than that. It's not like it's funny or anything.

I feel like the only reason Microsoft agreed to put it on XB1 is it's because it has Kinect support.

Look, you drink the soda and feel good.

FStop7

Banned
I.... Don't get Soda Drinker Pro.

There's old XB Indy Channel games that were tons better than that. It's not like it's funny or anything.

I feel like the only reason Microsoft agreed to put it on XB1 is it's because it has Kinect support.

It's Ironic T-Shirt: The Video Game. Made for Youtubers and Twitch streamers to dick around with while begging for DX Racer chair donations.

GB can make something more entertaining of it because they're funny people and don't require the game as a crutch to make up for a lack of humor.

I went into the painted world not knowing that it was hard as fuck. Stuck there for a few hours, it looked amazing but when Brad mentioned that he was stuck there I could totally relate

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Painted World isn't that bad, it just has a few REALLY ANNOYING enemies that are pretty much only found there. Once you learn how interconnected the level is (takes quite a while though), you can blaze through it to the exit. I doubt Brad gets that far though. You definitely don't want to be in there underleveled or before you get the Bonfire Teleport.

I've always thought souls games were ugly as sin until I saw DS3 running max on my brothers new PC. Shit looks goooood.

I haven't seen anythiny from the game. It's been hard trying to stay blind of it when every fgc chat or discord im a part of is talking about it.

I think its because Brad got stuck in that area underleveled and has never seen the rest of the game.

Im totally excited for this.

I'd definitely watch him finish it. I'm excited for it too.

I've really been wanting to play some Bloodborne after beating DS3, as much as I like the Dark Souls games there's definitely something about the pace and atmosphere of Bloodborne that I prefer.

Since it will be him and Jason I wouldn't be surprised if they continue given how much Jason seems to like Dark Souls 1.

I like the combat and bosses and levels and art in BB more. I just really wanna get to Old Hunters but it's so far away from where i am ._.

TraBuch

Banned
I don't remember Painted World being that bad. The exploding poison dudes and the wheel skeletons can be kind of annoying, but that's about it. Maybe the Harpies on the roof, too.

Holy shit, dark souls 2 looked awful on the previous gen. Been watching load our last souls and the beginning of part 2 really stands out as some gross looking gaming. Last gen was a mistake.
I don't remember Painted World being that bad. The exploding poison dudes and the wheel skeletons can be kind of annoying, but that's about it. Maybe the Harpies on the roof, too.
It's the part where you might not have enough level or a decent enough build and there's no way out until you finish it that really blows.

It's a fun one.

TT uses all three, that's some top tier posting technique.
I like the combat and bosses and levels and art in BB more. I just really wanna get to Old Hunters but it's so far away from where i am ._.

Oh! Thanks for reminding me of the Old Hunters existence, I backed up a save so I could access it after beating the game but didn't get around to playing it. Seems like I've now got a good excuse to go back.

Oh! Thanks for reminding me of the Old Hunters existence, I backed up a save so I could access it after beating the game but didn't get around to playing it. Seems like I've now got a good excuse to go back.

I probably would've done that too but didn't know that beating the game would take you straight to NG+

Doop

I almost never play the painted world the "right" way. If you jumping attack the dragon butt on the bridge, it stands up so you can just walk right under it to the boss. It's a really good bug.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I almost never play the painted world the "right" way. If you jumping attack the dragon butt on the bridge, it stands up so you can just walk right under it to the boss. It's a really good bug.

I'm pretty sure the boss isn't in that direction.

Couldn't you ignore the dragon altogether?

Actually that just reminds me.

Could those (dark souls 3)
crow fuckers at road of sacrifices be related to the crow fuckers in the painted world?

Hmmmmm.

Absolutely. From an item description:
Storyteller's Staff: Staff of a heretic storyteller who shares tales of the Painted World to forlorn souls.
There's also this item:
Great Corvian Scythe - The mistress of the Painted World is said to wield a great scythe herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom