• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Call me when the undertaker takes a bike trip around the country side in order to discover why he was wrestling in the first place.

With Jeff (these are all things I'd like to see in lifetime)
Film and 40s: Billy Madison
Film and 40s: Grandma's Boy
Film and 40s: Little Nicky

Prince's 1999 would've been the ideal outro choice, but given he doesn't really license out his music, this is a hilarious alternate.

Smash Mouth

I'm with you, but at the same time I'm happy that mediums other than movies and television are realizing how good the use of licensed music can be (Saints Row, Jojo, etc.).

Yeah. I was really surprised when a licensed song started playing during the MGSV opening, but it's a great fit. The only issue I have is that it can make it super hard to rerelease something later.

yami4ct

Yeah, but Smash Mouth's cover of I'm a Believer was the closing song for Shrek.

I do enjoy that BNL song you posted, though.

Honestly, if you're going for the most 90's, you can't go wrong with anything off the Digimon The Movie soundtrack. Really a microcosm of the era.

Honestly, if you're going for the most 90's, you can't go wrong with anything off the Digimon The Movie soundtrack. Really a microcosm of the era.

Pretty much.

Fun fact: Smash Mouth's first album was the first CD I ever purchased with my own money (had been buying cassettes before that, though). This was followed closely by that Bosstones album that has that one song everyone likes.

I was a pretty cool kid.

Is there a lot of grunge. hip hop and rap metal on the digimon ost?

Alt/ska rock mainly.

yami4ct

Pretty much.

Fun fact: Smash Mouth's first album was the first CD I ever purchased with my own money (had been buying cassettes before that, though). This was followed closely by that Bosstones album that has that one song everyone likes.

I was a pretty cool kid.

I always had a weird relationship with contemporary music. After going through a boy band phase, I basically just listened to my parents' old stuff. Lots of Beatles, Stones, The Who, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Prince and weirdly enough Bon Jovi. Sure I listened to pop radio, but not enough to go out and buy shit. By the time I would've bought music, piracy was in its hayday and we all know what that was like.

I'm gonna try to be a cool kid and say my first CD was probably Daft Punk's Discovery.

Pretty much.

I was a pretty cool kid.

I think that song was in Donkey Konga.

I always had a weird relationship with contemporary music. After going through a boy band phase, I basically just listened to my parents' old stuff. Lots of Beatles, Stones, The Who, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Prince and weirdly enough Bon Jovi. Sure I listened to pop radio, but not enough to go out and buy shit. By the time I would've bought music, piracy was in its hayday and we all know what that was like.

I'm gonna try to be a cool kid and say my first CD was probably Daft Punk's Discovery.

That was the first CD I bought for my car, but I then found out I hate listening to music while I'm driving.

yami4ct

Talking about first albums is boring. Let's talk about the worst albums you've owned.

I own a Rob Thomas and a Train album. I'm not proud of it. It happened.

I'm 27 and I've never heard this song.

How did you live through 1998-1999 and not hear that song? It was literally everywhere.

Talking about first albums is boring. Let's talk about the worst albums you've owned.

I own a Rob Thomas and a Train album. I'm not proud of it. It happened.

How did you live through 1998-1999 and not hear that song? It was literally everywhere.

I have the Casper the Movie soundtrack.

TraBuch

Banned
The first CD I ever bought with my own money was the censored version of Stillmatic. Before that, the first CD I ever owned was by this Korean boy band called H.O.T. because my mom thought I liked them.

Teddified

I don't have any CD's anymore and have never bought any digital songs so I don't really listen to music much anymore. I did use to own and listen to all the "Rock" that people seem to hate and mock these days, Trapt, Chevelle, Linkin Park and such.

Curufinwe

yo pass me the l I need to put my ash out on these little dudes

____ on me
____ on me
spit on my grave

jesus, I feel for you

One time I heard a version of I Wanna Rock that just went "FACE DOWN unh unh THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE TO unh" that made me wonder why they even bothered in the first place

In 97 I remember looking up the lyrics to Mo Money Mo Problems (among other songs) when I first got internet access and being confused by all the N-words since I had only heard it on TV where they were muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom