• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If consoles become iterative I wonder how long I'll stick with my OG machines. I still have an iPad 3 from before they did the lightning update so I'm usually happy with a piece of hardware for a long time.

If consoles become iterative I wonder how long I'll stick with my OG machines. I still have an iPad 3 from before they did the lightning update so I'm usually happy with a piece of hardware for a long time.

it all depends on software for me, but history indicates that it'll be a while before I need to get new hardware to play a Yakuza or Persona game so I'm probably good for a while

I'm totally cool with my PS4 until the games stop coming out for it or the performance becomes super shitty because they stop optimising.

Once the newest version has games that won't work on my PS4, then I'll probably get a new one. Don't see why anything has to change for me as a consumer.

I hope what they said on the bombcast comes true though. I'd love to see a future where all games starting now will be playable on future models of hardware. If I can play my PS4 games on my PS6, that'll be a really cool thing.

I'm building my first gaming PC once all the parts I ordered come in, so I probably won't upgrade my consoles for a good while, if at all.

I'll make sure to follow Brad's build guide that was posted the other day, btw.

I hope what they said on the bombcast comes true though. I'd love to see a future where all games starting now will be playable on future models of hardware. If I can play my PS4 games on my PS6, that'll be a really cool thing.

I can't see why not. When you now have a digital store and PC-like components, there's no reason not to have backwards compatibility besides publishers wanting to sell you your game again.

And remasters seem very pointless in an iterative console world.

hamchan

It'll be amazing.

But it won't happen.

Because they love reselling you the same thing you already own on consoles.

Zaph

I just think it's hilarious that we've gone from "PC gaming is dying/unprofitable" to consoles adopting their architecture, business models, and now iterative upgrades, in such a short period of time.

Salarians

If I was a professional wrestler, I'd want Papa Vinny to be my manager. (That's wrestling, right?)

Edit: Oh god, the image of Vinny in a suit pulling a baseball bat wrapped in a pizza out from under a ring just popped into my head. This is awful and I hate myself.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
12383186_793382587429972_175386867_n.jpg

Gurrry

Does anyone know if the dark souls stream happened today? I see it on the schedule for tomorrow and dont see any archive from today yet. Did they cancel it after all the news today?

Alucrid

Banned
for once i wish there was a warhammer 40k game i could get in to. last ones were probably DoW, DoW 2 and Fire Warrior. maybe that new space marine MMO will catch my interest.

Tubobutts

for once i wish there was a warhammer 40k game i could get in to. last ones were probably DoW, DoW 2 and Fire Warrior. maybe that new space marine MMO will catch my interest.
Space Marine didn't do anything for you? I feel like that one is easy to get in to.

yami4ct

I just beat the
Two Princes
boss in DS3. Sounds like I had an easier time than most, but man I really dug that fight. Really my favorite type of Dark Souls bosses. I'm sad I only have 3 Dark Souls bosses left now. Will be sad to see them go.

I just beat the
Two Princes
boss in DS3. Sounds like I had an easier time than most, but man I really dug that fight. Really my favorite type of Dark Souls bosses. I'm sad I only have 3 Dark Souls bosses left now. Will be sad to see them go.

That name...
Isn't that a Spin Doctors song?

Zocano

Honestly a bit surprised there doesn't seem to be a Mario Party Party 6 at PAX. Though I suppose I'm a bit glad to have another not-live-studio-audience one (unless they seriously wait until PAX prime).

yami4ct

Honestly a bit surprised there doesn't seem to be a Mario Party Party 6 at PAX. Though I suppose I'm a bit glad to have another not-live-studio-audience one (unless they seriously wait until PAX prime).

Brad isn't going and they'd also need someone to run the streaming camera setup since Drew would be playing. I assume Jason being back at base would make that trickier as well.

I also kind of don't expect them to do MPP live again. It was fun once, and I fully see them putting on some dumb non-panel events, but I don't think they'll go to that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom