• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that beta is rough. Weird since it's not that far off, even with the delay bump.

It's going to be real awkward if it comes out and is still rough around the edges.

Huh. I'm surprised they're doing a Quick Look for Casey Powell Lacrosse 16. It's been out for over a month. It's fun and is filled with lots of features. The $50 pricepoint is debatable, but I'd wager you get just as much content in it (maybe even more) than a comparable $60 release of a major sports video game. I also hope Danny is on this. I think it will be fun, especially since probably none of them know the slightest thing about Lacrosse (it's mostly an North-Eastern/Mid-Atlantic US/Candada thing- which makes me wonder if this is a GB East video and not a GB West one.

I dunno much about Prince, but I was about 10 minutes away from finishing Catherine when I saw that Iwata died. I put the controller down and never picked it back up before I went to bed. Took me a few days to finish it after that.

Fucks you up

I hear that beta is rough. Weird since it's not that far off, even with the delay bump.

It's going to be real awkward if it comes out and is still rough around the edges.

Played a bit of it and it's... yeah a little weird. I think the open world move isn't the best decision. I'm finding myself relying very heavily on the invasive, red "follow me!" line because I can't figure out where I am supposed to be going. Or I'm looking at the map constantly because, again, I don't know where I'm going. A minimap would help a lot. Sure it'd be intrusive and break their ultra clean aesthetic and such but so does the bright red runner vision. I know it can be turned off, which I tried, and it didn't work out to well. I was just lost.

And the combat just feels and looks janky. I bet once you get really good at it, it's probably awesome, but early on it makes me feel like an idiot. I just run up and try to look cool but just end up punching someone three times then they fall over.

I feel like a new Mirror's Edge might have been better if it leaned into the "platformer" aspect more and they just made the whole thing like those badass time trials they did as DLC.

Obviously it's not out yet but it's only just over a month away. I don't know. I'd love to love a new Mirror's Edge again.

p9hBK29.png
Where is UPF: Rorie Solo Edition?

Myggen

The day-by-day chart # breakdown is really interesting too, if seemingly somewhat inaccurate (it says its peak was at #2 but then shows it being #1 in...February 2013?). The #2 one sounds legitimate, though, since it was the first Bombcast after Ryan passed.

The iTunes top podcast chart is a weird thing because as far as I know they have never really said how they actually rank podcasts, but it`s heavily biased in favor of new podcasts (which is how NintenDownload X−Press got so high) and takes into account subscriptions, weekly downloads, probably a lot of other stuff too. So it`s difficult to take it all that serious from week to week, but it`s probably a good measure of trends and such. The Bombcast has been consistently the most popular gaming podcast on there for years now.

yami4ct

Both him and Dan seem to have an extremely high tolerance to motion sickness.

I would say Dan is way worse as a watcher. Jeff doesn't get motion sick, but when he's in control the camera is stable enough that it takes a bit before I get real sick. Dan is all over the place and it's almost instant vomit feeling.

The best part about this era of VR is watching quick looks and hearing the discussion be about "oh, this is a cool UI/UX design choice. I'm glad they did this. I hope it catches on."

I feel like previous debuts of new tech, or genres, or anything, didn't really get to have these conversations because the community at large wasn't thinking about these things yet.

yeah e3 kind of went from a "VR stuff maybe? who knows?" to all-out console war in the span of like a month

it's gonna be a good one you guys

That's not that unusual. For instance, just last Friday we had the GB East megastream and UPF. I suppose this is unusual in that both streams are from the West Coast.

I was surprised since almost all of them are going to PAX East. Glad to see the content is hitting even harder than usual during PAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom