• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredo

I wonder how this next panel will go. It has Jeff, who I think is funny, and some other people that I do not think are funny. I wonder how it'll all mesh, lol

yami4ct

Worldwide release would have me over the moon.

I'm 50/50 on the worldwide (Well, US+Japan) simultaneous launch. If we take the devs at their word, the game has been content complete for like a year now. We've gotten hints that localization has been taking place for a good long while as well. If there's any game Atlus will go the extra mile and do a simultaneous release, it's a mainline Persona. The question is, can they free up people on the Japanese side to implement the localization and actually make it happen?

yami4ct

Region free though.

There's also the question as to whether or not Atlus will even localize the PS3 version. They've had a good track record of doing so, but it's getting real, real late and other pubs like SE and Namco have already dropped PS3 support in the west.

I just got some free time, what's the panel Jeff is hosting next? And which twitch channel is it on?

How come Brad didn't go to pax?

I don't know if it was ever publicly said, but he's usually pretty quiet during the GB panel and doesn't partake in the Paxamania stuff... So I could see it being less beneficial for him to fly all the way to the East coast for just one panel and to see some games that will likely be at PAX west and/or E3... But that's just my guess

Thanks friend!

Region free though.
Oh I'm fully prepared to double dip, I'm just being pedantic about it being worldwide
There's also the question as to whether or not Atlus will even localize the PS3 version. They've had a good track record of doing so, but it's getting real, real late and other pubs like SE and Namco have already dropped PS3 support in the west.

Guess it depends on when it comes to the west, Odin Sphere is getting physical for all three version and that's a June release so if P5 is say 3 months after I could see them still doing a PS3 version.

santeesioux

Do you know what a shit fit people would throw if they didn't localize the Ps3 version? There's still a lot of people that refuse to upgrade to the Ps4 going by the gamefaqs Persona 5 board, and you know how video game fans can be.

yami4ct

Do you know what a shit fit people would throw if they didn't localize the Ps3 version? There's still a lot of people that refuse to upgrade to the Ps4 going by the gamefaqs Persona 5 board, and you know how video game fans can be.

Eh. Vocal minority for the most part. Namco has an even more niche fanbase and cut the PS3 version Tales of Beseria. SE isn't bring over Star Ocean PS3.

I think Atlus will bring it over, but the backlash isn't from a significant crowd.

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't release it on the PS3 in the US because when they first revealed the localization, they were talking about the PS3 version and didn't even confirm a PS4 version until months later. Then again, maybe that doesn't matter.

yami4ct

Man. Just had a hell of a run and beat the
Nameless King
in Dark Souls 3 relatively easily. He's supposedly the hardest boss in the game. I can see why, but I definitely got onto his number pretty quickly. Amazing fight. That fight is how Dark Souls is supposed to feel. Nothing in gaming really feels quite the same as taking out a boss like that.

Now, only the end is left. I'm a bit sad to see it go, but it's also very much time to wrap it up.

I feel like I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't release it on the PS3 in the US because when they first revealed the localization, they were talking about the PS3 version and didn't even confirm a PS4 version until months later. Then again, maybe that doesn't matter.

Releasing a PS3 game in 2014 is a very different prospect to releasing one in 2016.

Man. Just had a hell of a run and beat the
Nameless King
in Dark Souls 3 relatively easily. He's supposedly the hardest boss in the game. I can see why, but I definitely got onto his number pretty quickly. Amazing fight. That fight is how Dark Souls is supposed to feel. Nothing in gaming really feels quite the same as taking out a boss like that.

Now, only the end is left. I'm a bit sad to see it go, but it's also very much time to wrap it up.

Man, maybe I should start playing again this weekend. I've been letting it be a slow burn for me so far. I went through DS2 way too fast.

yami4ct

Eh, seemingly not for Atlus.

Whether or not they actually release it, it's still a very different prospect. It might still be worth it for them to do it, but you can't say the PS3 is as healthy in the West in 2016 as it was in 2014.

Man, maybe I should start playing again this weekend. I've been letting it be a slow burn for me so far. I went through DS2 way too fast.

It's got a really, really strong back half IMO. Slow start, but some amazing stuff once it gets going. Has a couple of my favorite bosses in the series. Game really makes up for the slight disappointment of Bloordborne and huge disappointment of DS2 in my eyes. It's the Dark Souls sequel I always wanted.

I wish Max Temkin would team up with Jackbox Games (both are Chicago-based) and make a Cards Against Humanity video game that uses the cell-phone stuff that the Jackbox games do.

Whether or not they actually release it, it's still a very different prospect. It might still be worth it for them to do it, but you can't say the PS3 is as healthy in the West in 2016 as it was in 2014.

Of course not but the Vita is also dead and Atlus has games for both platforms coming out this year, they clearly think those markets aren't worth cutting out.

It's got a really, really strong back half IMO. Slow start, but some amazing stuff once it gets going. Has a couple of my favorite bosses in the series. Game really makes up for the slight disappointment of Bloordborne and huge disappointment of DS2 in my eyes. It's the Dark Souls sequel I always wanted.

I really loved the world design of Bloodborne, and the level design was pretty decent too (not Dark Souls I tier, but much better than 2). Most of the boss fights were pretty enjoyable, if a bit samey. But yeah, DS2 disappointed me in every way (except for the Crypt Blacksword, which I think is my favorite weapon of the Souls series).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Double stuff you.

o-OREO-facebook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom