• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real reasons for making us wait these 3 weeks is fiscal year and marketing things.

It's unacceptable that we should be made to wait for the game when it's clearly already done and out.

It's their game and they can choose to release it whenever they want. Unless you Kickstarted it, I'm not sure how it's unacceptable. Especially when 90% of other games are usually "done" weeks before they release.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Just refreshed since they last took it down. So streaming to YT was the problem? Cause it seems fixed for me now.

Liamc723

It's their game and they can choose to release it whenever they want. Unless you Kickstarted it, I'm not sure how it's unacceptable. Especially when 90% of other games are usually "done" weeks before they release.

But when the game has already been released in Japan and the English translation has been done, why should we have to wait 3 weeks instead of having a worldwide launch?

repeater

Wow, this game looks BEAUTIFUL at 60 fps. Makes me regret I didn't buy a phat gaming rig the other week when I got a decent deal on one. Will have to play like a framerate peasant on PS4.

Chuck said:
having never seen much of this game, is it literally Dark Souls 1-2?
People have been saying it's somewhat like a "Best of Souls". So not much DS2, I guess. :p

Zaph

But when the game has already been released in Japan and the English translation has been done, why should we have to wait 3 weeks instead of having a worldwide launch?

Because the timing might contribute to the health of their business, and help ensure future projects?

Don't get me wrong, it's not really on the consumer to care about these things, but such a small delay seems like a minor inconvenience.

yami4ct

3 weeks is such a minor wait time. I waited almost a year for Fire Emblem Fates to hit. And, you know what? It didn't kill me. Companies don't really owe you a simultaneous release. If it works for them? Great! If not? Find a way to fill your time until release. If you're worried about 'spoiler' shit, take actions to avoid.

Probably because distributing the discs all over the world isn't instantaneous.

IIRC, the PC Version isn't releasing at all until the NA release date. It's quite possible they're using the time to polish that up.

Doop

Man, I've been trying to avoid Dark Souls 3 spoilers...but watching this stream is so tempting.

Edit: I started watching it. Fuck it!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this game looks BEAUTIFUL at 60 fps. Makes me regret I didn't buy a phat gaming rig the other week when I got a decent deal on one. Will have to play like a framerate peasant on PS4.

People have been saying it's somewhat like a "Best of Souls". So not much DS2, I guess. :p
You mean because DkS2 was "Best of Souls" already?

Company wants to make money, manufacturing for retail copies might not be done yet, working on a possible day one patch for the versions outside of Japan, etc. There's a number of potential reasons why they delayed the release.

I understand being frustrated that you gotta wait, but try being a little patient.

Doop

Okay I just tuned back in and why the fuck is
andre
in dark souls 3???? I mean I love it but that's crazy! Okay this stream is really gettin me hyped.

I guess, it's just annoying knowing all the work is done and we still have to wait because reasons.

Of course I do, but that's absolutely not the point.
You know, uncharted 4 and quantum break are both done, too, but most folks aren't being petulant about wanting to play it immediately.

It's not a good look, yo

yami4ct

I can say, if I only have to wait 3 weeks after a games release in Japan to get it, I'm ecstatic. Most of the time it's months, years or not at all. If Persona 5 is only a 3 week delay I'll be the happiest person on earth.

Watching the trackmania QL and man, it just doesn't feel like a trackmania game without buck bumble and shitty dubstep playing in the background.

And there's no sonic cars.

I've only been able to tune in for a few seconds at a time, and I keep mistaking it at first glance for Dark Souls 1. I'm not sure if I think that's a good thing or not. I liked that Dark Souls 2 had a slightly different feel to it.

Doop

I can say, if I only have to wait 3 weeks after a games release in Japan to get it, I'm ecstatic. Most of the time it's months, years or not at all. If Persona 5 is only a 3 week delay I'll be the happiest person on earth.

Completely agree. I can wait 3 weeks. I bet by the time it releases worldwide, not every secret will be uncovered. At least I hope so.

Yakuza is probably my favorite series of all time

it was literally the impetus for me learning the language

I feel all the pain

Happy wouldn't begin to describe my feelings considering that I'm in Europe.
I'm just joining the stream. Is game good or bad?
It's a souls game so of course it's bad.

yami4ct

Yakuza is probably my favorite series of all time

it was literally the impetus for me learning the language

I feel all the pain

I might've gotten there, but I took so long to finish Yakuza 4 that Yakuza 5 came out and Yakuza 0 was confirmed. Delayed my inevitable change into one of those people that learns Japanese to play video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom