• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the appeal of these games, but I really can't get into 'em. I've tried playing the older ones, but they're just not that fun. I do like the enemy design and music, though.

Is there are story to these games?

Also, I went home last night after watching the Trackmania QL and downloaded the demo. I was excited to play it, but found that it was just okay. Don't think i'll be buying this one. I might look into the track building stuff later.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The traversable environment in this area has not been particularly interesting, layout-wise. A lot of samey inter-connected sections.

yami4ct

I hope they get the stability of this PC version up before they actually release it. Hearing about all these crash bugs is just ooof.

this looks like it's about halfway between Demon's and DS1. that's not a bad place to be.

From still has one of the best art design departments going

I understand the appeal of these games, but I really can't get into 'em. I've tried playing the older ones, but they're just not that fun. I do like the enemy design and music, though.

It's more about lore than story. Item descriptions painting a history for the world, people talking about what's going on etc.

It's not at all uncommon to bounce from Souls games initially only to fall in love with them later (I tried Dark Souls like three times before I stuck with it).

Watching the trackmania QL and man, it just doesn't feel like a trackmania game without buck bumble and shitty dubstep playing in the background.

And there's no sonic cars.

I popped in the GBU server yesterday. Only eight people on but it was like I never left. I wish there were a way to donate to redcoin to keep that running forever.

Doop

I don't think they noticed, but when they hit those corpses they popped into pieces. I think they were empty shells.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
go back and backstab that guy what the hell

There is a shitload of backstory and lore that you'll never see happen. As far as the player is concerned in the present, there is usually 0 story outside of "you should go do this thing because protagonist reasons."

The only souls game that's resonated with me so far has been Bloodborne. I'm so sad there isn't a 60fps Bloodborne on PC because fuck that game is good.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
it's not that i didn't believe it, just that I can't fathom how nintendo plans on selling you super mario bros again without a dpad.

i mean they CAN but should they?
I also still think you might be able to replace the sticks, like the patent said.
Swap the left stick for a dpad, swap the right one for buttons and you got yourself a SNES controller

Surely they can put some grips on that thing, right? It looks like hand cramp city. Especially if you're pushing an analog stick and not just mashing down on top of it like you would with a SNES controller.

yami4ct

So...that NX controller was legit? Was I the only believer or what? lol

It's always hilarious to see people calling a thing the worst thing ever with barely an idea how it'll work or without even touching it.

This is definitely a controller that I'll need to get hands on to really judge. If nintendo gets haptic right, they might actually have something really cool. We'll see. I'm not going to call it brilliant or terrible. It's just interesting right now.

Surely they can put some grips on that thing, right? It looks like hand cramp city. Especially if you're pushing an analog stick and not just mashing down on top of it like you would with a SNES controller.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if that was not the final casing.

justjim89

It sure looks silly, but at least they're trying something. Everyone else would probably be fine to leave gamepad design the exact same for the next 20 years. Even when I use one these days, I kinda hate standard dual analogue, 4-shoulder-button controllers. They feel so imprecise and clunky to me.

Yeah, that's kinda my main concern with it. I'm trying to imagine holding it in its current state and I can't really see any way to do it without contorting your hands into a position that would cause cramping after only a few minutes.

It sure looks silly, but at least they're trying something. Everyone else would probably be fine to leave gamepad design the exact same for the next 20 years. Even when I use one these days, I kinda hate standard dual analogue, 4-shoulder-button controllers. They feel so imprecise and clunky to me.

While I agree, there's a reason controllers are shaped like they are.

But like I've been saying about everything NX, let's wait for an official response or statement instead of wasting breath with speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom