• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I mean, I'd love to see some competitive Wrestlemania 2000 matches more than anyone. But in the three years this has been going on, only like 5 people actually know or have learned how to play it.

Wunder

yeah it's way better as a talk show/promo cutting thing, the actual gameplay is terrible! It's one of the main reasons why I dislike the Rumble format so much

GavinGT

Banned
yeah it's way better as a talk show/promo cutting thing, the actual gameplay is terrible! It's one of the main reasons why I dislike the Rumble format so much

The rumble is so bad because it's impossible to follow. People get knocked out left and right and the contestants often don't even get a chance to say their piece.

The Rumble is good for "wrestling" since it's usually such a mess with people getting eliminated before they can even grab a controller etc.

Yeah, most people last about 30 seconds while they flail helplessly with the controller trying to identify which wrestler they're even controlling. It's a fun idea, but the time is just better used with the theatrical stuff.

DamnBoxes

Push Dr. Tracksway

f3286cc66195f801ae5d8613d1b0e6cc.png

Wunder

The rumble is so bad because it's impossible to follow. People get knocked out left and right and the contestants often don't even get a chance to say their piece.

I liked it when they tossed in different games, I'm not sure if that was the first PAXAMANIA or rumble, but having it be a bunch of local couch competitive games wouldve been good too

f0rk

Considering the amount of work they put into promos and stuff they could probably get someone to mod Gang Beasts enough so they would be playing a good game and it would be easy to follow. That game has hats and shit now right?

It's pretty awesome to see these evolve over time, it's getting pretty slick. Definitely hope they can get another half hour next time around, though.

So what's Patrick's thing

Was he forced into fighting in Dan's stead or was it just a big diversion all along?

Scoops was forced into competing by Dan (think the sniper set-up scene from season one of Fargo) and the match never actually took place. Greg said before the match that he could compete as the commissioner so he stepped down from the position until he had his match with Dan. Since the Dan match happen Greg is no longer comimsh.

Scoops was forced into competing by Dan (think the sniper set-up scene from season one of Fargo) and the match never actually took place. Greg said before the match that he could compete as the commissioner so he stepped down from the position until he had his match with Dan. Since the Dan match happen Greg is no longer comimsh.

Hashtag wrestling

Zaph

Looks like Greg actually got banged up a bit. There was a bit towards the end where you could tell he was asking someone to get their foot off his chest

9qpSrXI.png

justjim89

Hahaha, I was just zeroing in on that too. Alex isn't afraid to get down, Jeff dances in character, Austin plays it cool near the back also.

Dan will dress up like an idiot, eat or drink strange things, admit to ignorance that would shame his parents, and sell t-shirts with his face on them, but he will not be caught dead dancing in front of people.

So perfectly Midwestern.

I didn't follow the swerve with Dr. Tracksuit's character. Is this supposed to be the "real" Dr. Tracksuit and the other was an imposter, or is this like sober Dr. Tracksuit?

I didn't follow the swerve with Dr. Tracksuit's character. Is this supposed to be the "real" Dr. Tracksuit and the other was an imposter, or is this like sober Dr. Tracksuit?

Sober Dr. Tracksuit. I think he was cured with love by the indie love coalition at a previous event. That's why Lang really didn't want people reminding him of his old life.

Strax

I love Giant Bomb and video games, care about wrestling but the PAXMANIA stuff will be GB content that I'll never enjoy. Same goes for panels.

FStop7

Banned
Yeah, I feel the same way... I'm all for fun and wrestling, but Dan has really turned it into something else completely, that's just not my thing anymore. Just like with Giant Bomb in general too, it feels more like The Dan Rykert show with some other people on the sidelines. Since Dan has joined it doesn't feel the same, and I get that change is inevitable, but I'm really burnt out on Dan and his endless shenanigans.

Everything gets turned into self promotion.

oti

Banned
Yeah, I feel the same way... I'm all for fun and wrestling, but Dan has really turned it into something else completely, that's just not my thing anymore. Just like with Giant Bomb in general too, it feels more like The Dan Rykert show with some other people on the sidelines. Since Dan has joined it doesn't feel the same, and I get that change is inevitable, but I'm really burnt out on Dan and his endless shenanigans.

I don't think I would agree. Since Danswers is a thing I feel like the crew is getting fewer "HOW CRAZY IS DAN?" emails (thank god). What I do see though is how he's using his Persona for extra fame and shirt sales. That's just odd and I'm sure Jeff wouldn't allow it under the GB umbrella, rightfully so.

I'm just... kinda sad to see Patrick in this to be honest. I remember him being all like "I don't like wrestling, this Paxmania thing isn't my style" and now he 180-ed right into it. And I can't blame him. Since his whole Dan Mario Maker thing I'm sure he gained new followers on social media and YouTube who don't really know the much more reserved Patrick and instead expect the shouting at the camera and doing dumb stuff like Paxmania Patrick. Well, all the best to him. With the Kotaku situation and all I'm sure it must be tough for him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom