• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I just never expected someone to do a point by point breakdown of the progression of the game so openly without spoiler tags in an unrelated thread. I mean im not mad because I've come to expect that BB isn't just gothic victorian cityscapes but duder just went all in with the areas lol
There's barely any detail there, it's all basically just stuff around the midgame reveal but no real talk about anything before or after that. Obviously if you had managed to avoid info about that reveal then that sucks but overall you should be fine as Doop didn't mention much.
That's the thing I hate about From and their multiple endings. It just lets them usually do the whole thing all over again and justify it lore wise. Two of the endings suggest another cycle and the third one has the potential for all kinds of crazy. Of course they won't go for the crazy possibilities.
Digging around a little I can't actually find any reference to BB being a cycle, hopefully I imagined that or just made a wrong assumption based on something in the game. There's so much potential in that universe that I'd be incredibly disappointed if a sequel had a similar structure to the first.

after reading up on the lore and item description stuff for DS2, I was actually really surprised at just how much DS2 ties into DS1 and how much of the world it explains in its lore. I mean some stuff is obvious, like when you see some old friends from the first game and such, but a lot of stuff went over my head because I never bother with the item stuff

There are definitely references but it still maintains a separation and is only really treated as ancient legend rather than any explicit links like in dark souls 3.

People are actually giving money to John Romero to make a game.

and for the life of me I can't figure out why

enjoy your massively underwhelming game when it comes out in 2022

also "From Romero and Carmack" is some real horseshit. don't get me wrong, I like Adrian's art but they knew damn well what they were doing with that title

jaina

Is he still at Gamespot?
I checked Gamespot's video hub right now but can't find an answer. Did watch the old gods ad 4 times though, hurray! His twitter is the usual, so must be busy right now, planning the next sponsored content (don't remember how gamespot calls that video series).

and for the life of me I can't figure out why

enjoy your massively underwhelming game when it comes out in 2022

also "From Romero and Carmack" is some real horseshit. don't get me wrong, I like Adrian's art but they knew damn well what they were doing with that title

Because it's a name people associate with great games like Doom and Quake and not any of the stuff he did after he left Id. Everything on that kickstarter (which is to say jack shit) is a huge red flag but a notable name tied to a thing you like is enough for some people to part with their money.

Thankfully it seems like most people are realising that the kickstarter is awful and not funding it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
will all pax/paxmania videos end up on giantbomb eventually? Or do I have to scour youtube for lesser versions.

Tubobutts

will all pax/paxmania videos end up on giantbomb eventually? Or do I have to scour youtube for lesser versions.
They usually don't put Paxamania videos on the website because it's not run by Giant Bomb. The Giant Bomb panel is probably the only thing that will go up.

graboids

Shrink Shack.

I was just looking at this old photoshop yesterday....

2451237-tss.jpg

Xater

popo

Unlucky Myggen, any other year and your boys would have had it. You are going to have to let the Foxes have this one.

oti

Banned
Ban whatever you guys are talking about I don't know maybe baseball or something dumb like that

GB GAF should be about two things only: Taco Bell and Eurovision

Barack-Obama-Saying-It-is-Law.gif

yami4ct

Ban whatever you guys are talking about I don't know maybe baseball or something dumb like that

GB GAF should be about two things only: Taco Bell and Eurovision

Everyone knows that Pizza is the most important food stuff to GBGaf. If we can only have one, it beats Taco Bell.

DamnBoxes

Doesn't seem as money grubbing as say Rooney was. He will move for fame and wealth eventually but not just yet.

He'll be back for at least one more season; can't see him leaving after working so hard to get his childhood club back in Champions League for the first time in a handful of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom