• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

I don't know anything about your JoJos but Vinny explains the origin of anime and then tells Brad about Gotenks. That is quality content.

Salarians

Ive know of JoJo for years but the only thing I've ever actually seen is the scene with the two guys magnetically stuck together (and I only saw that because it seems like half the people I follow on tumblr are into JoJo).

I'm just going to assume that's the best scene in the entire series and not watch any more.

justjim89

This is entirely out of nowhere, but not enough people talk about Bates Motel. There's not even an OT for it. Probably my favorite show on TV, but maybe it's just because I love Psycho. Still, some brilliant acting and storytelling on display.

Lunar FC

This is entirely out of nowhere, but not enough people talk about Bates Motel. There's not even an OT for it. Probably my favorite show on TV, but maybe it's just because I love Psycho. Still, some brilliant acting and storytelling on display.

I fell off after the second season, was pretty good doe!

Salarians

I was listening to a 2013 Bombcast the other day; I had forgotten just how anticipated Watch_Dogz was, both by the GB crew as well as myself and most game playing people.

I actually finished it on PS3 through a rental and I remember almost nothing about it.

Myggen

I was listening to a 2013 Bombcast the other day; I had forgotten just how anticipated Watch_Dogz was, both by the GB crew as well as myself and most game playing people.

I actually finished it on PS3 through a rental and I remember almost nothing about it.

That first E3(?) trailer was amazing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm one of the few who want hyped at all for watchdogs even at its reveal, but it's more because I was never a fan of ubisoft open worlds.

I mean it's ok.

But half of what's adapted so far is actually really bad.

While i disagree with you, your take isn't that far off from the feelings of many fans. Of the four parts that have or are being animated so far, 1 especially but 3 also are some of the least favorite parts for peeps and 2 and 4 are often mentioned as the best of the best.

Though i'll always have a soft spot for 3 because those 90 OVAs were fucking fantastic and are the reason i got into jojo in the first place

While i disagree with you, your take isn't that far off from the feelings of many fans. Of the four parts that have or are being animated so far, 1 especially but 3 also are some of the least favorite parts for peeps and 2 and 4 are often mentioned as the best of the best.

Though i'll always have a soft spot for 3 because those 90 OVAs were fucking fantastic and are the reason i got into jojo in the first place

I'm one of the few people who seems to really enjoy book 3, and Stands allowed them to take the story in different directions. Plus without stands, It's hard to imagine we'd ever get to book 7 which is one of the best reads in a long while.

I wonder if GB will cover Eyes of Heaven. They've certainly played worse games before.

Antiwhippy

Stands are interesting and ultimately what makes jojo jojo but my fucking god the actual structure of 3 is the worst. It's basically one random fight after the other.

pizzacat

Banned
Stands are interesting and ultimately what makes jojo jojo but my fucking god the actual structure of 3 is the worst. It's basically one random fight after the other.
Like I understand that's the bizarre part but I'm trying to watch and it's impossible because I want Joseph to go savage on someone as battle tendency has taught me but nothing ;~; and the part where they fight someone who de ages people and Joseph isn't around ????

And then no roundabout? I just want to skip part 3 at this point smhhh

I just get mad at it and watch giant bomb afterwards.

Antiwhippy

Nah old joseph is awesome. It's the part where they fight some random mook for the upteemth time that drives me batty.

There's an actually overarching plot in battle tendency.

Nah old joseph is awesome. It's the part where they fight some random mook for the upteemth time that drives me batty.

There's an actually overarching plot in battle tendency.
i mean there's an arc in part 3 as well it's just that it lent itself really well to the monster of the week format. Or maybe it was the other way around, the MOTW format is what led to the main arc being what it is.

Regardless, even though i enjoyed seeing the TV series version play out I still think the 90s OVAs ended up being the better version even if it took hella liberties with stuff.

Myggen

I'm still trying to figure out what noise Brad would have been making with this face. Actually I can't even remember when I picked up this picture, it's just been in my reactions folder for a while.

It's from one of the Mario Party Party videos IIRC. There's a gif out there for it.

DamnBoxes

Another GBeast QL, another Simpsons reference.

10598505_573379499433569_2113064072_a.jpg

I actually just started watching the Simpsons (usually in the 90-96 era) since it's on FXX. I've never seen this show before, I'm sure you guys don't need me to tell you it's really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom