• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before but PW was almost worth it for that episode with Patrick losing his sanity in the isolation chamber/QL room

don't really miss it though

It's really weird listening to multiple podcasts and hearing things come up all around the same time. Giantbomb talks about Buck Bumble theme in a UPF or something and within a couple weeks I'm hearing about it on multiple podcasts. GBE randomly talks about Krull and now I'm listening to two guys asking why there was never a Krull sequel. Either I listen to a lot of people that think the same way or everyone listens to GB and it bleeds into their podcasts.

I had a dream that giant bomb was trapped on lego island
Among the best of UPF for sure.
Stupid sexy drew
No
There were knives under the table I tell you, it felt sooo weird.
It was so damn awkward, stiff corporate shill host meets lively and genuine host.
right before whatever your favorite part of the game was
My giant bomb dad didn't see the coolest part of game.

Eh, doesn't look all that exciting.

Myggen

It's really weird listening to multiple podcasts and hearing things come up all around the same time. Giantbomb talks about Buck Bumble theme in a UPF or something and within a couple weeks I'm hearing about it on multiple podcasts. GBE randomly talks about Krull and now I'm listening to two guys asking why there was never a Krull sequel. Either I listen to a lot of people that think the same way or everyone listens to GB and it bleeds into their podcasts.

What podcasts? There's some popular podcasts like Super Best Friends who are fans of GB.

What podcasts? There's some popular podcasts like Super Best Friends who are fans of GB.

One was the Laser Time guys with a lot of talk about Buck bumble, and they for sure follow GB at least from time to time, but the krull talk was a small comic podcast from guys that don't seem to be into games at all so probably just coincidence on that one.

It's happened more than these two times, these two just come to mind first. It's just always weird timing to hear stuff at GB then hear it come up the weeks following other places.

Tubobutts

One was the Laser Time guys with a lot of talk about Buck bumble, and they for sure follow GB at least from time to time, but the krull talk was a small comic podcast from guys that don't seem to be into games at all so probably just coincidence on that one.

It's happened more than these two times, these two just come to mind first. It's just always weird timing to hear stuff at GB then hear it come up the weeks following other places.
Giant Bomb is the Dark Souls of trendsetting taste makers.

justjim89

Rolled credits on Dark Souls 3. I loved the atmosphere and the environmental designs, but I don't think there's a fun boss fight in that whole game. I don't think I enjoyed any single boss, and ended up summoning help for most of them just to get it over with. It felt like every fight had a cheap trick up its sleeve to say "fuck you" to the player.

Xater

Rolled credits on Dark Souls 3. I loved the atmosphere and the environmental designs, but I don't think there's a fun boss fight in that whole game. I don't think I enjoyed any single boss, and ended up summoning help for most of them just to get it over with. It felt like every fight had a cheap trick up its sleeve to say "fuck you" to the player.

I just thought that large parts of the game felt very uninspired. When another poisonous swamp showed up I could only groan. Not a bad game by any means, but I do think Bloodborne was better.

jaina

That could also be a frequency illusion / Baader-Meinhof phenomenon

justjim89

I just thought that large parts of the game felt very uninspired. When another poisonous swamp showed up I could only groan. Not a bad game by any means, but I do think Bloodborne was better.

I think the first few areas up through the poison swamp definitely felt like well-tread ground, but after that just about everything takes a massive step up. If Dark Souls 1 petered out after Smough and Ornstein, Dark Souls 3 only starts getting going after The
Abyss Watchers.

It feels like most of the boss fights are just retreads of the previous boss fights in the Souls series.

I'm not very far into it, but The Wither 3 is great. I just beat the first Wild Hunt boss. I died a couple of times, but mostly because I wasn't using my potions properly. Either way, I'm having a great time with it, and I like the world that's been built. I really have a hard time putting it down.

I'm only level 6, so I need to do a bit of leveling. Thanks to those that recommended the game!

Xater

I think the first few areas up through the poison swamp definitely felt like well-tread ground, but after that just about everything takes a massive step up. If Dark Souls 1 petered out after Smough and Ornstein, Dark Souls 3 only starts getting going after The
Abyss Watchers.

It's not just that though. It also felt like I had seen all their tricks before, how these bosses work, here shortcuts are. Design-wise it was al just very safe.

justjim89

It's not just that though. It also felt like I had seen all their tricks before, how these bosses work, here shortcuts are. Design-wise it was al just very safe.

Yeah, it was all very much of the same design vocabulary. I'm really curious what From does next, hopefully it's a big left turn. Wouldn't mind seeing them try something cyberpunk or mech-focused or something.

Xater

Yeah, it was all very much of the same design vocabulary. I'm really curious what From does next, hopefully it's a big left turn. Wouldn't mind seeing them try something cyberpunk or mech-focused or something.

To be fair it's the fifth game of it's ilk, but yeah they need to switch it up significantly now.

Among the best of UPF for sure.

Maybe we'll see them play the sequel, someday.

pic.php

I haven't watched the Metal Gear Scanlon Finale yet but oh my god Dan

I miss MGScanlon already.

How do you think Demons Souls fans feel

Starting from Dark Souls everythings been a retread of Demons Souls

Either do that or do something completely different that has no trace of souls game in it. Which is why I'm worried about Bloodborne 2.

I think Bloodborne at least has a chance to be different. I don't think they'd be as afraid in switching stuff up a little more in a second game and fans will not be looking for too much souls. If they went more in the direction of fast offensive gameplay and more down the lovecraft theme it could potentially stand on its own pretty well.

Xater

Either do that or do something completely different that has no trace of souls game in it. Which is why I'm worried about Bloodborne 2.

Hey you won't see complaints from me should they do something completely new. I would like to see them give Mechs another shot. Doesn't have to be Armored Core, could be a new thing.

How do you think Demons Souls fans feel

Starting from Dark Souls everythings been a retread of Demons Souls

I am a Demons Souls fan. I imported the Asian version back then. Which is why it is now more than enough.

I think Bloodborne at least has a chance to be different. I don't think they'd be as afraid in switching stuff up a little more in a second game and fans will not be looking for too much souls. If they went more in the direction of fast offensive gameplay and more down the lovecraft theme it could potentially stand on its own pretty well.

This is what I hope for. They have set a theme and gameplay already, they just need to expand and improve on it.

Hey you won't see complaints from me should they do something completely new. I would like to see them give Mechs another shot. Doesn't have to be Armored Core, could be a new thing.
I feel like we in the minority when it comes to wanting some new from From Soft. I remember a thread yesterday asking about what from soft can do next and everything was just a Souls game but not medieval.

This is what I hope for. They have set a theme and gameplay already, they just need to expand and improve on it.

I feel like we in the minority when it comes to wanting some new from From Soft. I remember a thread yesterday asking about what from soft can do next and everything was just a Souls game but not medieval.

I also hope they don't go the same route as DS and do the whole cyclical thing. Stuff progressing rather than just being another cycle could be really cool for the lore in BB.

They will be too tired, and the Pax Plague will claim at least one person.

Brad, even though he wasn't there.

A Bloodborne sequel that basically starts with the world in the state that Bloodborne reaches at it's midpoint would be so good.

I'm just worried that they won't go that way as the events of the first are part of a cycle.

A Bloodborne sequel that basically starts with the world in the state that Bloodborne reaches at it's midpoint would be so good.

I'm just worried that they won't go that way as the events of the first are part of a cycle.

Same here. I want to see the after effects on the first game that is not buried in lore.

That's the thing I hate about From and their multiple endings. It just lets them usually do the whole thing all over again and justify it lore wise. Two of the endings suggest another cycle and the third one has the potential for all kinds of crazy. Of course they won't go for the crazy possibilities.

Doop

I love the Lovecraft stuff in Bloodborne, but I wonder if it would have the same impact now that everyone knows it's an
eldritch thing. Going through the game and slowly moving away from werewolves and victorian shit to a creepy cultish and alien vibe was awesome. The big reveal of the red moon and all the amygdalan clinging to the buildings was incredible.

I wonder what they could do in a Bloodborne 2 to keep that same sense of awe and shock. Not that they necessarily have to, that is. I would be perfectly happy if it started off in the fucked up
paleblood world, like MrPliskin suggested.

mother effer did you just reveal a majority of the locations in Blooborne untagged and shit?

the game is barely a year old cmon now

Oops, I apologize. I should know better, I was concerned with that same stuff earlier today in regards to Dark Souls 3.

After not thinking much about dark souls 2 initially , I am definitely coming around to austins side of thinking, especially after playing most of 3 . 3 is trying so hard to get that DaS 1 nostalgia, whereas DS2 was trying to distance itself from that lore and trying so many new different things, even though a lot of those things didn't hit perfectly.

Not excusing spoilers but if you hadn't seen at least some talk about that aspect at this point I'd be amazed. That seemed like the talking point pretty soon after release.

i was waiting to finish DS2 before playing BB, just finished DS2 last week. I had no reason to look up discussions for the game, same thing with DS2 before i played it. Knew nothing about DS2 going in except the stuff about how to get to the extra final boss in SOTFS

I mean I just never expected someone to do a point by point breakdown of the progression of the game so openly without spoiler tags in an unrelated thread. I mean im not mad because I've come to expect that BB isn't just gothic victorian cityscapes but duder just went all in with the areas lol

After not thinking much about dark souls 2 initially , I am definitely coming around to austins side of thinking, especially after playing most of 3 . 3 is trying so hard to get that DaS 1 nostalgia, whereas DS2 was trying to distance itself from that lore and trying so many new different things, even though a lot of those things didn't hit perfectly.

after reading up on the lore and item description stuff for DS2, I was actually really surprised at just how much DS2 ties into DS1 and how much of the world it explains in its lore. I mean some stuff is obvious, like when you see some old friends from the first game and such, but a lot of stuff went over my head because I never bother with the item stuff

I'm not very far into it, but The Wither 3 is great. I just beat the first Wild Hunt boss. I died a couple of times, but mostly because I wasn't using my potions properly. Either way, I'm having a great time with it, and I like the world that's been built. I really have a hard time putting it down.

I'm only level 6, so I need to do a bit of leveling. Thanks to those that recommended the game!

I'm near the end, I think. I'm level 26 and I took a lot of time off at about the 60% complete point for whatever reason after burning myself out on it in the first couple weeks of release. Now it feels like it's wrapping up, but, there always seems like there's a side quest to do first. That's a little annoying.

At this point, I just want to get to the ending but I feel like it's still hours away. Then the few hundred ?s still floating on every map. I mean, you could probably play this game for 2-300 hours and not complete everything, it's just massive.

Story is ridiculous in all the right ways though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom