• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Hearing Jason played Monster Hunter Generations makes me super duper jealous. Cannot wait for that game.

While he's technically correct that MHG only has 4 completely new monsters, it's really a 'best of' of Monster Hunter fights. MH4 contained a pretty much completely new set of beasts, so this one is bringing back a significant lineup of fan favorites. I for one cannot wait to fight Nargacuga again.

yami4ct

Monster hunter always bored me

It's like, f2p KRPG grind tier

The key to MonHun for me isn't just the 'numbers keep growing' aspect, but that the grind is amazingly fun. Whether I'm fighting a monster for the first time of the 200th, each fight is still fantastic. Learning patterns and finding new ways to break the parts I need, kill it and get my loot as fast as possible is a super satisfying experience.

This doesn't even mention that learning a new weapon is pretty much a completely new game. I've put hundreds of hours into those games and I only have 2-3 weapons I feel like I have a good mastery over, and even in those cases I still feel like I have a good amount more to learn. The new hunting styles in Generations are really going to blow that up as well.

FUCK YESSS

I was thinking about re-watching Commando soon so that's just perfect.

IjFU57j.png

Hell yes.

The key to MonHun for me isn't just the 'numbers keep growing' aspect, but that the grind is amazingly fun. Whether I'm fighting a monster for the first time of the 200th, each fight is still fantastic. Learning patterns and finding new ways to break the parts I need, kill it and get my loot as fast as possible is a super satisfying experience.

This doesn't even mention that learning a new weapon is pretty much a completely new game. I've put hundreds of hours into those games and I only have 2-3 weapons I feel like I have a good mastery over, and even in those cases I still feel like I have a good amount more to learn. The new hunting styles in Generations are really going to blow that up as well.

I can do that in Maple Story

With a better art style

(And the maple story art sucks)

It's like, not only is Monster Hunter a game that is grindy as fuck, the controls aren't great for a repetitive experience, and to top it off it has a very brown art style.

yami4ct

GB called CD Key resellers shady this week? Uh Oh. Comments are going to be a mess of people angrily moralizing their grey market purchases.

If you have no issue with it personally, fine. Just don't get pissed when people call it shady.

Also, dammit Dan! for answering Jason's call on speakerphone on air. One of the most unpleasant audio experiences you can put out.

I can do that in Maple Story

With a better art style

(And the maple story art sucks)

It's like, not only is Monster Hunter a game that is grindy as fuck, the controls aren't great for a repetitive experience, and to top it off it has a very brown art style.

Needless to say, I disagree. I think MonHun is one of the best playing games around. I also disagree with the art style comment. There's a shit ton of color variety in both the monsters and armor. That's kinda the whole point. There's also a good amount of environment variety in each game. You see the same few areas over and over, but each is very distinct from both a visual and gameplay perspective.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I would love a series that wasn't Dan and Drew. I'd much rather prefer something with either Brad or Jeff. I'm super burnt out on the Dan and Drew combo and think swapping out for a new pairing would freshen things up a bit.

I feel like if it wasn't for the double D's we would have significantly less premium.

yami4ct

I feel like if it wasn't for the double D's we would have significantly less premium.

Which is kinda a problem. I understand these people are busy, but as a paying member, I can't but help feeling a little burned when most of the crew aren't taking part in premium content that isn't UPF.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which is kinda a problem. I understand these people are busy, but as a paying member, I can't but help feeling a little burned when most of the crew aren't taking part in premium content that isn't UPF.

I like jeff branching out with game tapes, but it needs to be more frequent. Really fiending for more brad content too. Miss that guy.

Double A's would be cool too. Don't need V, we need alex and austin to develop separate from the the V in order to break out of V's shadow.

Tubobutts

I like jeff branching out with game tapes, but it needs to be more frequent. Really fiending for more brad content too. Miss that guy.

Double A's would be cool too. Don't need V, we need alex and austin to develop separate from the the V in order to break out of V's shadow.
If I'm paying premium prices I expect some V.
What'd they say about Nioh last week? I was kinda doing something else while listening so I guess I missed it.
Playstation Neo, PlayStation Ni-Oh

yami4ct

you can always join me and just let your subscription lapse

I really like the current premium content and I'm fine with the fairly cheap yearly cost for it. I just think the service has fallen in terms of amount of content and it could improve.

Hopefully losing a regular series like MGScanlon will make GBWest get their shit together. Who am I kidding? It'll be yet another Dan series and I will slowly get even more over-exposed and slightly annoyed with him even thought I do like the dude.

yami4ct

Either come up with a new Brad/Jeff series or make Game Tapes/Demo Derby (with Jeff)/Snatcher/Ranking of Fighters a monthly thing at the very, very least.

I'm still a bit salty they didn't end up making Snatcher just because Brad wasn't into it. I'm sure they could wrangle at least 2 duders to play that game and make that series worthwhile. Just because he was on the first episode doesn't mean he's a lynchpin.

Lijik

Isnt one of the tapes being physcially stuck in the deck the big holdup with gametapes right now

That's why I want to see it, just a decay on their faces until they reach the point that Dan was at in the goty videos

Or how about a series where they guess Jason's age

no I meant the videos themselves, not the game

Mario Maker is impossible to burn out on for me

I end up playing it every day anyway since that game is pure magic and one of the greatest of all time (probably the greatest if we're being real)

Meneses

I never knew Mario Maker content was so divisive. The GB Makes Mario feature is one of my favourites!

I enjoyed the first one. Also, DMX Goomba was one of the funniest things ever.

But that's more than enough for me, I find it supremely boring and i've seen all I need from that product.

Of course, I also understand that people have different tastes and others love it.

I never knew Mario Maker content was so divisive. The GB Makes Mario feature is one of my favourites!

I love it too (the latest episode might be the funniest one), but I don't think there's been a single daily feature that I'd recommend. I really want the West crew to be more schedule-oriented, but I think the pace they give the Mario Maker stuff, where they do streams following significant updates, is sound.

Now, if you want a feature that they could do daily and keep fresh and entertaining, let's talk about some Demo fucking Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom