• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love it too (the latest episode might be the funniest one), but I don't think there's been a single daily feature that I'd recommend. I really want the West crew to be more schedule-oriented, but I think the pace they give the Mario Maker stuff, where they do streams following significant updates, is sound.

Now, if you want a feature that they could do daily and keep fresh and entertaining, let's talk about some Demo fucking Derby.

P4 er?

Meneses

I remember enjoying the first Monster Hunter on PS2 (i think).

I've been meaning to get back into the series (got 3 and 4), but I really can't stand playing movement-intensive action games on the 3DS (or any handheld, to be honest).

Megasoum

Banned
Was bored tonight so I decided to take advantage of the fact that I have an active WoW subscription for the first time in a while and do a quick account wide /played.... This obviously doesn't take into account the alts I might have played and deleted over the years but I don't think there was that many anyway...

So yeah... 310days, 1 hour, 5 minutes....

7 441 hours of total play time since launch.

Actually not as bad as I expected lol. What's crazy tho is that maybe 75% of that total was done in the year that Burning Crusade came out and I was "Working from home" *cough cough bullshit cough cough* and I was playing almost 20h a day lol.

yami4ct

I play almost all of my MonHun co-op with randoms and it's, on the whole, an amazing experience. It has one of the nicest and accommodating communities around. It also helps that the average MonHun player knows what the fuck they're doing. It's the single best random co-op experience I've had.

If anyone in GBGaf wants to get into it when Generations hits, I wouldn't mind setting up a Discord or something to make a GBGaf play group. I'm more than happy to help new players get into it as well.

I remember enjoying the first Monster Hunter on PS2 (i think).

I've been meaning to get back into the series (got 3 and 4), but I really can't stand playing movement-intensive action games on the 3DS (or any handheld, to be honest).

I'm not one to tell you what you should find comfortable, but I find MonHun plays really well on 3DS thanks to the target camera changes they made when the series went 3DS. Playing a melee class is perfectly fine. The PSP games were hell, though.

That being said, I wouldn't try gunning without a Circle Pad Pro or New3DS. Gunning is a support class, so most people won't gravitate that way anyway.

Lelcar

Well, I'm obsessed with the Souls games now, LTTP, as they say. I mentioned the other day that I started up Dark Souls 2 on a whim and got really into it, having never played Souls before (but watched a lot of it played) so now I'm almost done with Dark Souls 2, and I started Dark Souls 1 just to test out my PC controller, so I'm going to do that right after. I just bought Bloodborne too.

There's really a satisfying sense of progression and vigilance in these games that doesn't translate in watching it. But yeah, I am so completely in love with these games now I'm kinda glad that I waited until now to start them because I have 5 of them that I can play back-to-back, it's going to keep me busy for a long time.

The PSP games were hell, though.

I don't know if it was the 900+ hours I put into Freedom Unite, but I grew to love the claw.

That being said, I wouldn't try gunning without a Circle Pad Pro or New3DS.
I also agree with this 100%. Gunning was fine on the PSP but the digital d-pad doesn't do it for me. I feel, if anything, you should be support gunning if you don't have a CPP or N3DS. You can DPS for days with them.

Does anyone remember the name of the bombcast youtube clip where they are joking about jose conseco and dan ryckert being a terrible musician lol? It was back with ryan im trying to find it for a friend who doesnt know all the classics

If anyone in GBGaf wants to get into it when Generations hits, I wouldn't mind setting up a Discord or something to make a GBGaf play group. I'm more than happy to help new players get into it as well.

MonHunGaf is also super nice.

I'm really sad that I won't be able to enjoy Generations with everyone.

Premium content ideas

HitDan
More Demo Derby
More Game Tapes (once the deck is fixed)
Ranking of Fighters, but with guys like Jared Rea
Breaking Brad: Romero's Doom
Breaking Brad: Geometry Wars achievements
Time to Brad: how far can Brad get into a game before he dies?
Jeff, Alex, and Austin music podcast
Rorie's Dark Time: Rorie in VR isolation playing Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015
Risk-y Business: Brad, Dan, Jason, Danny, and Drew play Risk or Diplomacy and break friendships
Dan and Drew play through Deception IV
Typing of the Gods: load up Mavis Beacon, see who has the highest WPM
The Rocket League rubber match
More Us vs. Them

pizzacat

Banned
An hour and a half of Jeff reading craigslists ads
Drew Fashion tips
Brad streams from home
Dan documentary on how he slid through everything, even get like a therapist to come in to fully analyze him, show which mental hospital the therapist will be forced to go to after Dan is done with them.

All great premium ideas

Jintor

"One more email..." and then it's not from you. Such a soul-crushing moment.

the only mail i've ever had read is one i paid for (idle thumbs kickstarter where they promised to read every single mail they got) and one I sent patrick for the 999 one-man spoilercast

oh man zero time dilemma's gonna come out and they're gonna ql it and not get it at all

...man they should skype in patrick for that one

Salarians

oh man zero time dilemma's gonna come out and they're gonna ql it
tumblr_n70mdxyrWt1qc5nhuo1_400.gif

On the subject of Premium content ideas, some sort of Unplugged would be great. I've been eagerly awaiting the return of Avalon since the thumb controversy at BLLSL.

Jintor

More freeform stuff

After playing Dungeon World and derivatives I have no idea how pathfinder and d&d-likes ever became entertaining watches, but I've always fallen on the creativity side of the creative/numberchaser divide

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It was kind of funny listening to them talk about backyard wrestling on the bombcast.
Because they were talking about how dangerous light tubes are and I was thinking back to when light tubes were the dangerous thing
now light tubes are like the chair shots of hardcore matches compared to these

the only mail i've ever had read is one i paid for (idle thumbs kickstarter where they promised to read every single mail they got) and one I sent patrick for the 999 one-man spoilercast

oh man zero time dilemma's gonna come out and they're gonna ql it and not get it at all

...man they should skype in patrick for that one

Speaking of Patrick, I know this would go against his Mario Maker tradition, but the next time he is visiting San Francisco, I would, just once, like to see him participate in Giant Bomb Makes Mario Maker. I want to see him watch the crazy process that goes into it and also be the primary person to upload it. I just think it would be fun to see him react to the audience's crazy suggestions. I would also love to see him struggle to upload the level, despite knowing all the secrets from the get go. And maybe, just maybe, he can contribute to the level.

yami4ct

Man, I was so sure NX was this year :/

I was fairy sure it wouldn't be. If PS4K launches spring, it's going to be crowded early next year.

Zelda Wii U being 2017 is even more fucking insane. Either that game is huge and they're super sure of it or it's a development mess. Maybe both. I've got high hopes Aonuma and co can pull it off and it's a crowded year, so they can take the time they need.

EDIT:

In another 'E3 losing relevance' story, it's a bit shocking that NX won't be there. I guess when you think about it, Nintendo doesn't need E3 for console promotion. They've already become masters of self marketing. Still a shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom