• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume Jeff will end up going to whatever NX reveal event they hold (assuming it's in America) (it should be), so at least we can look forward to more of MAN ON THE SCENE

maxresdefault.jpg

hamchan

I mean the big news is that there won't be any news. They can talk about the why's and how fucked up it is, I guess.

The big news I saw was that Mario Maker sold only around 3.5m copies, less than Splatoon, even though it's the best and most ingenious game Nintendo has made in like a decade and has massive crossover appeal. I don't get it, every Wii U owner should have a copy.

I think those sales are really good. Plus losing to Splatoon isn't bad considering Splatoon might be the best new ip of the generation.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I dunno why you're surprised. If you don't like Mario games you wouldn't care, and a lot of places didn't give it the high praise GB did. Lots of Gaffers seem to share the opinion that it's a no effort game because it's all building tools.

Lots of idiots out there

Also, this is exactly the type of game that should just be ported to every system they do from here on. It just makes sense.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of idiots out there

Also, this is exactly the type of game that should just be ported to every system they do from here on. It just makes sense.

It's a bit surprising it's not on 3DS yet in some capacity.

well look at the rest of the 3DS/Wii U line-up

Paper Mario: pretty, looks boring
Pokemon: it's Pokemon
Metroid: bwahahaah

the rest is localisations

Zelda is pretty much the only reason to be there anyway

It's bizarre. It's not like it's coming out this year anyway and it will miost likely be more linked to the NX.

Yeah, not showing the NX is all fine, they can get more headlines at a different time and probably show it in an easier way. Focusing on Zelda that you also just announced is delayed and going to that unannounced system? Just seems so weird. "Got nothing else going on, so here's this."

well look at the rest of the 3DS/Wii U line-up

Paper Mario: pretty, looks boring
Pokemon: it's Pokemon
Metroid: bwahahaah

the rest is localisations

Zelda is pretty much the only reason to be there anyway

Just skip it? Showing only that and especially pointing out that you are focusing on that just seems like you're bringing unneeded attention to it. Say we have nothing to show at this time and wiil have a huge overstuffed stream sometime soon.

Xater

Yeah, not showing the NX is all fine, they can get more headlines at a different time and probably show it in an easier way. Focusing on Zelda that you also just announced is delayed and going to that unannounced system? Just seems so weird. "Got nothing else going on, so here's this."

Plus you know the conversation will just be about the NX version, which I bet they won't talk about.

I remember them teasing an Assassin's Creed connection in Watch_Dogs, which turned out to not be true because literally nothing about Watch_Dogs was allowed to be fun

blowing up pocket grenades was mildly amusing

wait, they announced Zelda for NX? I bet those threads are just full of people foaming at the mouth

now I just need someone to announce that the FExSMT game is coming out for NX for me to have been completely justified in not buying a Wii U

Jintor

oh my god this planet x ql is amazing. vocaloids meeting god fighting babymetal. i want that game too

/edit also i think it turns out i like chvches. Thanks, gb!

now I just need someone to announce that the FExSMT game is coming out for NX for me to have been completely justified in not buying a Wii U

It's out in June. But seeing as most of the Wii's obscure JRPGs made it to Wii U eShop you could just wait for the inevitable NX Virtual Console release in a few years

Zaph

I don't expect everyone to love the game but if people seriously think that they are complete fucking idiots

Classy. SMM has some incredible tools but the 'game' side leaves a lot to be desired - in that context the sales numbers make complete sense (if anything, higher than expected). Remember, we're dealing with a new generation of gamers who grew up on Minecraft, so they expect so much more from games pushing the creativity/social experience.

Volotaire

I just need Wii U BC to be announced for NX.

From what I have heard, from my partly laymans understanding of technology, wouldn't the move from a PowerPC to x86 architecture, if they are indeed moving to this in their next console, make this very hard for a home console NX device?

Last year, credible rumours stated Nintendo was asking AMD to attempt to find a solution to make their new chipset PowerPC compatible for BC purposes. Who knows if they succeeded.

Remember, we're dealing with a new generation of gamers who grew up on Minecraft, so they expect so much more from games pushing the creativity/social experience.

well then they should be used to having to use shady third party sites and weird workarounds to share their creations

Between them not wanting the NX to "replace" the Wii U or 3DS, and the separate ports of games both rumored and confirmed, I'd say all signs point to no BC for the console.

Despite owning it for almost 2 years I think I've only played 1 Wii U game for more than 10 hours.

I don't know what it is but I really struggle to care about the vast majority of Nintendo's output, hopefully the NX has something to make me actually want one.

If the NX could pull off Wii U BC that easily then I would be very concerned for the NX. They need architecture that can compete with the PS4 and Xbone, they need to start afresh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Despite owning it for almost 2 years I think I've only played 1 Wii U game for more than 10 hours.

I don't know what it is but I really struggle to care about the vast majority of Nintendo's output, hopefully the NX has something to make me actually want one.

Kinda how I feel honestly.

The only Wii u game I want to play is... Fire emblem x smt?

The Wii U was basically a Mario Maker machine for me, and I'm okay with that.

If the NX could pull off Wii U BC that easily then I would be very concerned for the NX. They need architecture that can compete with the PS4 and Xbone, they need to start afresh.

They need to break it the fuck off at some point. Nintendo console architecture is the hardware equivalent of a Bethesda engine at the point.

Zaph

well then they should be used to having to use shady third party sites and weird workarounds to share their creations

I was talking about the social interactivity, not so much discoverability. The latter can be (somewhat) fixed by a fervent community, the former is limited by the actually game features and Nintendo's archaic network.

yeah im holding on the NX until there's like at least 5-6 must have games on it. I forget sometimes i even own the WiiU, still need to play w101, bayo2, pikmin 3, and eventually xenoblade U so i can put that thing in a closet already

Volotaire

I've never bought a console at launch before (I'm a cheap arse gamer) and rarely buy games at launch but if there are significant technical differences between Zelda NX and Zelda Wii U (however small in the large picture they are), and because I am a large Zelda fan, I would be willing to look at purchasing an NX at launch (given that the reveal of the NX, Zelda game and other information is satisfactory).

Kinda how I feel honestly.

The only Wii u game I want to play is... Fire emblem x smt?
That's basically where I'm at, I need to go back and play Xenoblade but those two games are kind of it. I'm not too bothered as I bought it as a Bayonetta machine and it totally delivered on that end, it just would have been nice to look back on having enjoyed a whole bunch of games on my Wii U rather than like 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom