• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Remember Youtube Gaming?

I don't.

I was in teamspeak with a friend playing games and told him I was going to send him a Youtube Gaming link, he corrected me three times with "You mean Twitch?" before I just explained that youtube itself has a gaming section. He had no idea.

kvk1

There have been more than a few times where Twitch, Giant Bomb, etc. shit the bed on their end and I had to head onto YouTube to watch something I wanted to. Most notably during E3 and The International.

YouTube's live platform is laughable in terms of the content they provide, but the streaming service itself is nothing to sneeze at.

Keep going w/ Snatcher.

Yeah I second this, actually. Snatcher felt cool, like an old Random PC Game video but the Japanese nature of it gave it a different feeling. Really enjoyed it. (Though admittedly, I was watching it as background noise whilst cleaning out the desert temple in The Witness.)

yami4ct

I love all Giant Bomb content equally. GB Makes Mario is still really fun to me, probably because Jeff is in it.

I lied when I said I loved all of them equally. The Old Game Show is slightly ahead and Metal Gear Scanlon V desperately needs to end.

oti

Banned
I love all Giant Bomb content equally. GB Makes Mario is still really fun to me, probably because Jeff is in it.

I lied when I said I loved all of them equally. The Old Game Show is slightly ahead and Metal Gear Scanlon V desperately needs to end.

I love Mario Maker because we get a level we can play out of it and both ways of engagement are fun. Trying to play it blind and coursing at them and see them suffer first and then play it.

Quick Looks are an integral part of the curating process for me at this point. The first time I saw Stardew Valley was on GB.

UPF is like Saturday Morning cartoons. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not. But I don't really care. I'll watch it regardless.

Demo Derby is fun because of Jeff. Without him and his knowledge all there is is "LOOK AT HOW BAD GAMES WERE REMEMBER HOW BAD GAMES WERE YOU GUYS" and that gets old pretty quick.

Ranking of Fighters is OK. Wouldn't mind that much if they stopped them. Or maybe they could make tournaments or something instead of the current format.

Kerbal = trash
Old game show = meh
VinnyVania = trash

GBEAST stream depends on the game but both Phantasmagoria and Until Dawn were amazing. And the Dark Souls 3 stream was really cool. I would definitely watch them play through that game. It's like a Let's Play but not terrible.

Mario Party Party = BEST CONTENT EVER

Ranking of Fighters is the only gb content that my body has ever fully rejected.

CZQf8eBUgAAZmbJ.jpg

kvk1

I just want flight club back.

That's all I want from this awful website with its awful hold on me.

I need Drew to sit down and fiddle with an aircraft's cockpit for like 3 hours straight, and never get it off the ground.

His soul is leaving his body having to suffer through this MGS garbage.

I just want to hand him a Track IR and HOTAS, and tell him everything is going to be OK.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I can't believe you didn't even mention Demo Derby. WHERE IS MY REGULAR DEMO DERBY? YOU HEAR ME GERSTMANN??

yami4ct

I can't believe you didn't even mention Demo Derby. WHERE IS MY REGULAR DEMO DERBY? YOU HEAR ME GERSTMANN??

You are right, post Jeff Demo Derby is up there with Old Game Show as top tier.

Any feature that has Jeff just spewing out historical game knowledge is amazing.

lol yeah jeff has tweeted this guy before. just for his bizarre stream set up

Stupid me. I forgot he is playing on Wii U (a big duh considering the game), which doesn't do streaming. I guess I take the PS4/XB1 built in streaming for granted. Now his set-up makes more sense.

Tubobutts

I just want flight club back.

That's all I want from this awful website with its awful hold on me.

I need Drew to sit down and fiddle with an aircraft's cockpit for like 3 hours straight, and never get it off the ground.

His soul is leaving his body having to suffer through this MGS garbage.

I just want to hand him a Track IR and HOTAS, and tell him everything is going to be OK.
Dan is always fondling Drew's stick while he's at the computer during UPF, so it's about time he taught Dan how to do it right.

kvk1

Dan is always fondling Drew's stick while he's at the computer during UPF, so it's about time he taught Dan how to do it right.

you know what, what a great idea

drew acting as the flight engineer trying to get dan, who is on the controls, off the ground and flying

neshcom

Banned
Does Giant Bomb need more hands? There are so many series they've got and only a handful ever get to occasionally be regular. Is the deficiency not enough producers or hosts?

you know what, what a great idea

drew acting as the flight engineer trying to get dan, who is on the controls, off the ground and flying

What they should do is download War Thunder to PS4 (it's free to play) and hook up the PS4 camera. It does pretty good head tracking (without the need for a TrackIR setup). War Thunder on PS4 also has support for flight sticks, especially this one. Also of note is the fact that the CEO of the developer has said it will be PSVR compatible.

Part of the reason Giant Bomb is so good is the unpredictability of what content is coming BUT they aren't great at communicating to the audience really generally (by design?).

I like Jeff jar times, not necessarily talking about games, but the site itself.

BearPawB

Banned
I tried clash royale
I actually liked that i only had to play it a few times of day.

But yeah. im already too addicted to Dragon Soul (which ive never heard anyone mention ever) to really play any other mobile game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom