• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
game was eating up my time and money. ok, i'm being a bit dramatic with the latter but i'm never seeing that skrilla again

the fact that it's really fun makes it even worse

yami4ct

What if I told you there was a game where you collected monsters on your phone? What if I said those monsters were often badass versions of mythological figures? Now what if I told you you could level those guys and evolve them into even bigger badasses? Finally, let's say the game had an awesome Match 3 puzzle game as its core battle system.

Guys, Clash Royal was already beaten for title of Greatest Mobile Game.

2837149-7043845730-XAQqj.jpg

Late again. I am suing this time

daydream

Banned
What if I told you there was a game were you collected monsters on your phone? What if I said monsters were often badass versions of mythological figures? Now what if I told you you could level those guys and evolve them into even bigger badasses? Finally, let's say the game had an awesome Match 3 puzzle game as its core battle system.

Guys, Clash Royal was already beaten for title of Greatest Mobile Game.

as fun as it is, clash royale was never in the running. the core gameplay is very solid but everything around it (including the fact that spending money is literally a trap) is repulsive

hamchan

Kerbal is boring.

MGScanlon is boring.

Mario Maker is boring.

VinnyVania is boring.

Ranking of Fighters is boring.

Old Game Show is boring.

UPF is boring.

Game Tapes is boring.

They should do more series that aren't boring.

yami4ct

as fun as it is, clash royale was never in the running. the core gameplay is very solid but everything around it (including the fact that spending money is literally a trap) is repulsive

Say what you will about Gatcha games.
The practice is pretty manipulative and gross
, no one does gross and manipulative monetization better than Western mobile devs.

Kerbal is boring.

MGScanlon is boring.

Mario Maker is boring.

VinnyVania is boring.

Old Game Show is boring.

UPF is boring.

Game Tapes is boring.

As long as you don't say Demo Derby is boring.

Dineren

Banned
How is Brad's Demon's Souls playthrough? I've watched most of the first episode and while Brad and Vinny can be entertaining, so far Brad is playing way too cautious for me to really enjoy it.

Having played through Dark Souls and having a strong range weapon I kind of expected Brad to be way more aggressive.

game was eating up my time and money. ok, i'm being a bit dramatic with the latter but i'm never seeing that skrilla again

the fact that it's really fun makes it even worse

I was heartbroken when you left the clan

But yeah if you're not careful clash royale is a game that can...take up money. I'm considering...getting another 20 dollars worth..of clash currency...

yami4ct

I haven't spent any money on PAD in like 4 months now. I haven't done an IAP of $20 or more in a month in like 1 and a half years.

It feels good to get off that horse and just enjoy the game. I'm not opposed to micro transaction mobile games, but you definitely need to know when to stop.

daydream

Banned
I was heartbroken when you left the clan

But yeah if you're not careful clash royale is a game that can...take up money. I'm considering...getting another 20 dollars worth..of clash currency...

yeah, i felt bad about leaving but the game just took up sooo much of my goddamn time

couldn't take the trophy count rollercoaster rides anymore

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just came back from a BvS private screening...

I think I need to watch a good GB video

Watch it on youtube so you can slow it down to .5 speed and then speed it up again, just to ease yourself out of the Snyderhole. Or the Mario Maker stream, watch somebody else's suffering to take your mind off of your own. Were your two hours worse than Jeff's?

Thumbnail implies VR stuff, so maybe Oculus.

However, that title is striking me as an announcment stream. Remember the pancakes stream? They're probably selling the site again. Or Jeff is leaving.

Probably Oculus launch day

Kerbal is boring.

MGScanlon is boring.

Mario Maker is boring.

VinnyVania is boring.

Old Game Show is boring.

UPF is boring.

Game Tapes is boring.

You're boring

yami4ct

Thumbnail implies VR stuff, so maybe Oculus.

However, that title is striking me as an announcment stream. Remember the pancakes stream? They're probably selling the site again. Or Jeff is leaving.

Probably Oculus launch day

It's definitely the OR launch stream, but also don't scare me like that.

I hate change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom