• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan thinking DPS is an MMO term isn't inaccurate, but it's still weird that he's not familiar with the term in general. Lots of games have been using that term for what feels like forever.

Also, I wish Early Access would just kind of go away forever.

EDIT: I wonder if GanjaRider is in Ganja Farmers.

Dan thinking DPS is an MMO term isn't inaccurate, but it's still weird that he's not familiar with the term in general. Lots of games have been using that term for what feels like forever.

Also, I wish Early Access would just kind of go away forever.

EDIT: I wonder if GanjaRider is in Ganja Farmers.

Dps is an mmo term though

Cptkrush

The beta was apparently asdisappointing as an Atari game in 2016 that went through three different developers would be. Planet Coaster is where it's at.

Planet Coaster has been a dream so far, and coaster building isn't even "officially" in yet. Game is gonna be a masterpiece when they finish it.

not gonna lie, i learned about DPS by playing coop Borderlands with my little brother. i was being a total cave about my weapons (Borderlands popped my action RPG cherry) and i kept going for the bigger damage number not aware that i could actually do much more damage with weaker weapons but at a faster rate of fire. Him and his mmo ways set me right, been a big fan of all sorts of action RPGs since

popo

I think they will stream more DS3 over the next month while it is new. Doubt they will do an extended playthrough series or anything.

DS3 looks, from the opening areas at least, like nothing new at all. It's success, I guess, will depend on the bosses and map design. I would feel more disappointed that they are not changing it up if they had not said this was the last in the series. Obviously the formula will go on but a new fresh setting could bring me back in. BB was new but in a very similar genre.

Tubobutts

If they are willing to do a playthrough of the second best game of last year right after release, they should do one of a game that won't even make the list probably.

VinnyVania on the schedule, today is a good day.
I'm not arguing that it's not. I just think it's odd that Dan's played games like Destiny or even C&C and isn't familiar with the term.

It's probably just a case of Dan not really playing those games at a level where he would really be worrying about DPS.

If they are willing to do a playthrough of the second best game of last year right after release, they should do one of a game that won't even make the list probably.

but they didn't do a Witcher 3 playthrough though?

actually, i guess MGSV is the correct choice for the second best game of the year with TW3 right above it and SMM only showing up on personal GOTY lists

but they didn't do a Witcher 3 playthrough though?

actually, i guess MGSV is the correct choice for the second best game of the year with TW3 right above it and SMM only showing up on personal GOTY lists

I was actually wondering if we'd see a GBeast QL/Stream of Blood & Wine when that comes out, I assume Vinny would be caught up by that point.

Zaph

VinnyVania on the schedule, today is a good day.
i6IQFZz.gif

Do GameSpot have other podcasts?

Kinda. Danny's weekly show gets edited into a podcast

Planet Coaster has been a dream so far, and coaster building isn't even "officially" in yet. Game is gonna be a masterpiece when they finish it.
It honestly is my most anticipated game of the year and one of the main reasons I want to build a PC. Doubling down on building and theming is exactly what I want from a RCT successor.

popo

Who the fuck knows. Once the news article disappears from the front page - good luck finding this one. They don't even have a tab or anything. For all the shit that GB design gets - at least you can find stuff.

I think the real answer to your question is that - other than this and the audio version of The Lobby - no.

jaina

They also started releasing the Lobby as a podcast a couple of weeks ago.
Interestingly enough, Lobby uses Soundcloud as host whereas Airship uses Libsyn. So seems more like approved passion projects from the employees than a concerted company effort to move back into podcasts.

daydream

Banned
brad is surprisingly wrong about the game being pay 2 win

after you spend money on a chest and get some crazy cards, two things will happen:

1. you'll rise up one, maybe two arenas
2. once you have, everything will be just the same as before as you're pitted against people with the same crazy cards as you

that's why you shouldn't spend money on the game

brad is surprisingly wrong about the game being pay 2 win

after you spend money on a chest and get some crazy cards, two things will happen:

1. you'll rise up one, maybe two arenas
2. once you have, everything will be just the same as before as you're pitted against people with the same crazy cards as you

that's why you shouldn't spend money on the game

That's what it seemed like when I was playing. If you spent money you'd just get to the next wall faster.

Man, Vinny knows some shit about Dark Souls. And in detail too.
Bummer that he never got into Bloodborne. He never even got out of Central Yharnam. Around that time I wasn't sold on the design and lore of that game as well. Later on it gets so much more interesting and messed up.

Load Our Last Borne when.

YES. DO THIS. DO THE THING.

8-4 Play be sweatin' hard right now

"Oh god, we now have competition in this field again!"

RIP Red Sun Gamer & W!AHP

Scizzy

When will they film themselves recording the podcast from multiple angles so we can strap on a VR headset and imagine we're in the room with them?

please be never

Gurrry

What are the chances we get Pokken on UPF today? Jeff mentioned something last night about wanting to bring his Wii U into the office to do "more" with pokken...

Cmon Jeff!!! Make it happen!

When will they film themselves recording the podcast from multiple angles so we can strap on a VR headset and imagine we're in the room with them?

please be never

I dont think we will get VR Bombcast.. but I think a video bombcast is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom