• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... Skate 3 is still really fucking good and EA should totally make a new Skate game.

Also I still have an OG White Xbox 360 and that thing sounds like a jet engine...ugh

Myggen

Giant Beastcast Ep. 44 - League of Legends or G.I. Joe

edit From the comments

2837488-aww_yeah.gif

Blastoise

Banned
Jeff's infatuation with the wiki seems weird. To him it seems like it is an important part of Giant Bomb. I've been a GB member since they launched and I don't care about it at all. I don't feel any need to contribute, even when they had achievements. Wikipedia is better and a lot cleaner.

What does GB Gaf think?

Lunar FC

Jeff's infatuation with the wiki seems weird. To him it seems like it is an important part of Giant Bomb. I've been a GB member since they launched and I don't care about it at all. I don't feel any need to contribute, even when they had achievements. Wikipedia is better and a lot cleaner.

What does GB Gaf think?

I feel like on the rare occasion that I do use it their is barely any information about the game I'm looking into.

ST2K

What does GB Gaf think?

Never have cared about it, likely never will.

Though I admittedly don't engage with the GB site on a community level at all.

What does GB Gaf think?

It's something he's really cared about since day 1. I appreciate the dedication he has to cataloging everything and most of the game character pictures I find on google usually come from the GB wiki.

Megasoum

Banned
The only interaction I have with the wiki...like ever is if I'm looking for a quicklook I will go through the game's page.... That's it.

Blastoise

Banned
Every edit or change you make to the wiki becomes part of CBSi intellectual property. Thats another reason why I would much rather contribute to wikipedia than GB.

Myggen

I like the Wiki and edit it from time to time. Wikipedia is of course better on the big stuff, but there's a lot of smaller neat GB Wiki pages and the Concepts can be funny.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

What does GB Gaf think?

Usually never has the info I care about so nope.

But I guess it has to be useful to enough people for it to still be a thing.

Blastoise

Banned
I wish engineering resources would be put to better use. Like fixing search and cataloguing the original content on the site.

The site is a mess to navigate and I don't think it has changed in a while. Going back trying to find a specific video is impossible. You have to come to this thread and ask if someone can link it for you. Its very frustrating.

Myggen

I wish engineering resources would be put to better use. Like fixing search and cataloguing the original content on the site.

The site is a mess to navigate and I don't think it has changed in a while. Going back trying to find a specific video is impossible. You have to come to this thread and ask if someone can link it for you. Its very frustrating.

Qlcrew.com is a better resource for that than this thread.

The best search change they've done, that I've seen at least, was switching the default search from "articles" to "videos."

And in that vein, I guess qlcrew is 100% unaffiliated with Giant Bomb? Because it really is the only way to find content on the site. (You can even search by host! Giant Bomb's own site doesn't have that info!)

Myggen

The best search change they've done, that I've seen at least, was switching the default search from "articles" to "videos."

And in that vein, I guess qlcrew is 100% unaffiliated with Giant Bomb? Because it really is the only way to find content on the site. (You can even search by host! Giant Bomb's own site doesn't have that info!)

It is a third party thing, yeah. Run by a guy who posts here from time to time.

Blastoise

Banned
GB just seems stuck in there ways. Very frustrating. Because of my experience I been viewing less and less of their content on their site. Youtube has become my go to.

GB just seems stuck in there ways. Very frustrating. Because of my experience I been viewing less and less of their content on their site. Youtube has become my go to.

You're not looking forward to Another Quality Live Broadcast from Your Friends at Giant Bomb? It's a new frontier for content!

Edit: Oh if you mean their player and layout, yeah I can agree. If they didn't have the HTML5 player I don't think I'd be able to use their site; and even that is spotty sometimes.
It is a third party thing, yeah. Run by a guy who posts here from time to time.

Awesome.

Props to you if you're lurking, duder! It is an essential part of viewing Giant Bomb's non-front page content.

omgkitty

You would think a site almost solely focused on video content would have decent search functions. Besides QLCrew, it's usually easier to just google what I want and find it.

Good example of GB's discovery problems: is there a way to find the Guest Columns all grouped together, aside from searching Guest Column (articles) on the site? The same goes for any non-regular video feature.

If you're not keeping up with the site on a day-to-day basis, a whole lot of stuff will get drowned out by newer content.

Alfredo

I remember when the Giant Bomb wiki was first being teased, I imagined it was gonna be like TV Tropes but just for video games. I was kinda excited at the time.

I remember writing a bunch of stuff in the wiki early on for Body Harvest and Bejeweled 2, but I was frustrated that it had to go through moderation or whatever before being posted. I think once you got to 1,000 points, it was supposed to get easier to edit, but I'm still only at 936 points. I remember that they started to boost the amount of points you got for edits, but by then I had already quit contributing.

Fantastic UPF, great seeing Rorie again, been a long ass while. I have monday off so I'm gonna enjoy that stream with the rest of you guys who have off as well.

The wiki was originally the main draw of the site. Its Jeff's baby and he'll always protect and nurture it.

When playstation vue was first announced I made a pretty detailed page for it and then it got rejected "this has literally nothing to do with video games" and I was like, what the fuck. I just won't contribute to your arbitrary wiki then. Good work on the cheeseburger page.

Really enjoyed Cloverfield. Yall should check it outs.

How long does it take for the monster to appear?

Kind of serious if the entire movie is all the bunker stuff, I don't care.

On the subject of the Wiki, the one time I used it I was quoting the abilities of the in-game description and all my edits got reverted because I was copying from another source or something like that, despite the fact that the page was filled with the same kind of descriptions. Considering the page was about 5 or so major updates behind, that was a lot of work to just have erased like that.

Also the wiki's editor is fucking trash.

Megasoum

Banned
The wiki was originally the main draw of the site. Its Jeff's baby and he'll always protect and nurture it.

When playstation vue was first announced I made a pretty detailed page for it and then it got rejected "this has literally nothing to do with video games" and I was like, what the fuck. I just won't contribute to your arbitrary wiki then. Good work on the cheeseburger page.

That sure sound like a typical "GB Mods encounter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom