• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Speaking of diverting ressources to fix other parts of the website instead of the Wiki..... I really wish they would fix the youtube uploader.... Youtube is the only thing that works without any issues (other than downloading the file but that's a pain).

SomberOwl

Anyone here looking forward to the new Ratchet & Clank game? It's going to get overshadowed by Dark Souls but I still hope GB takes a look at it.

Looks really nice and could be a fun easy going kinda relaxing game. Kinda what I want right now.

Also it seems like a lot of games are flying under the radar like DOOM and Homefront: The Revolution.

Myggen

I already got the Google app downloaded myggen

Then I can't help you! But seriously, there's a ton of good sources for this easily Googleable (is that a word?). Didn't mean to be a dick about it.

Anyways, the Monday stream should probably get its own thread on Gaming, right?

The Wolf Quest segment really did bring back some memories..

GansKqu.jpg

late-game Factorio is a drag. once you've got your production lines nearly/fully automated, it just turns into a thing where you let the game run for an hour while it researches the next tech tier. you might have to rearrange a thing here or there or repair an object but all of what makes it fun is gone.

of course this is after 15-20 hours so it's not really that bad

Then I can't help you! But seriously, there's a ton of good sources for this easily Googleable (is that a word?). Didn't mean to be a dick about it.

Anyways, the Monday stream should probably get its own thread on Gaming, right?

Yeah, seems like something that should be highlighted to people who don't always follow what GB does.

pizzacat

Banned
Big sennheisers are cool, I like hearing music with it but can't when I run because of sweat and I don't want to dirty it :[

Also I would kinda want to make that giant bomb Monday thread but I wouldn't know where to start

jaina

Big sennheisers are cool, I like hearing music with it but can't when I run because of sweat and I don't want to dirty it :[

Also I would kinda want to make that giant bomb Monday thread but I wouldn't know where to start
Snazzy header image
What? (should be updated once we know more after they started streaming)
Who? (not much explanation needed)
When? (probably "NOW", or an image from http://secondapps.com/countdown/)
Where? (GB URL, Youtube, note that an archive will be there later)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, depends really. I have HD600s that I love for home use but sometimes I'll use my earbuds (aurisonic harmony) at home too just because I love the sound more.

I'll tell you that if you live the 4 hour commute a day life earbuds are so much more convenient.

jaina

I prefer in-ears when outside because size and easier to conceal. But I suspect that my last two ear infections were probably caused by them.
At home over-ear headphones are far more comfortable.

pizzacat

Banned
Eh, depends really. I have HD600s that I love for home use but sometimes I'll use my earbuds (aurisonic harmony) at home too just because I love the sound more.

I'll tell you that if you live the 4 hour commute a day life earbuds are so much more convenient.
I can understand not wanting to wear something like HDs in a public transit system or for more than an hour or 2.

Would the Apple iPhone 6 earphones be considered buds, they're alright for the default tbh

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really though, if you think earbuds are uncomfortable it's worth it to go for custom iems. Specifically molded to your ear shape so the fit is snug and comfy.

Great for exercising with.

pizzacat

Banned
Snazzy header image
When? (probably "NOW")
2771696-untitled-2.jpg

With giant bomb logo somewhere

Myggen

Snazzy header image
When? (probably "NOW")

Something like that, yeah. The What part is easy to guess now. I prefer to put up those kind of threads about 1 hour to 30 minutes before the stream starts, that way you avoid others putting it up before you like happened with the E3 Drive Thread of last year.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been using those 20$ JVC HA-FX101 in-ear for years now.

08a4ff9d0b2c118ab9a87e2a6806f830.jpg

Because I sweat a lot at the gym everyday I don't want to pay too much for a pair that will break after 3-4 months anyway.

Those sound all right and I can buy them real cheap on ebay.

I use them with Comply foam tips (Tested's Will Smith talked about those on the podcast once).... They are fucking great and so much better than the default rubber tips that comes with most headphones.

I have this weird irrational thing where I feel like a giant asshole if I walk around in public with earbuds in, so I never do it. I don't know where that comes from.

Megasoum

Banned
I have this weird irrational thing where I feel like a giant asshole if I walk around in public with earbuds in, so I never do it. I don't know where that comes from.

I have the same feeling about big over the ear headphones....

I want those for the superior confort and sound quality when I'm at home or the office but I would never walk around outside with them.

jaina

I feel like an asshole when I leave my earbuds in at checkout or when people at work come over (even if nothing's playing). Walking around is fine for me.

It's a worry that someone might be trying to address you but you're not able to hear them, thus coming off as an asshole because you are ignoring them. I feel the same way even when I sit at home if there's anyone else in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom