• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple pairs of actual headphones but I use earpods more than anything else. They sound okay, it has in line controls and mic, and I can still hear my surroundings (I can't stand using in- or over-ear headphones when I'm downtown). It's surprisingly hard to get a combination of those three things with better headphones.

I wish I could erase my memory of DOTT. It had been long enough since I played that I could no longer run through it in my head (which I can still do for Monkey Island 1-2), but now that I'm actually playing, as soon as I walk into a new room I'm immediately remembering "oh, I have to do this," which then cascades into remembering the next five things. Seems like Vinny is having the same experience.

I think I'd have an easier time playing it now than I did back as a kid, younger-me somehow never seemed to catch on to the "just talk to people and offer them things and you're guaranteed to get direct hints" thing in adventure games. (See also: Broken Age act 2. The one puzzle that seemed to drive many people insane is completely explained by a character on another screen, which I almost immediately found, and probably wouldn't have found for hours when I was younger.)

Frith

I'm pretty sure you can't buy that many amiibos with just $100.

if only dan could work out another way to order amiibos from the internet...

also
Shure_SE425_Replacement_Earphone_Left.png

good earbuds are the best if your working in a noisy location. also find them more comfortable after 8 hours. (big headphones have an early lead but eventually suck)

also i got some of these and as super cheap earbuds go these http://www.wired.com/2015/06/mrice-e300/ are pretty great they have a weird cult following not as good as the shures but surprisingly decent for £12

Wunder

if only dan could work out another way to order amiibos from the internet...

also

good earbuds are the best if your working in a noisy location. also find them more comfortable after 8 hours. (big headphones have an early lead but eventually suck)

also i got some of these and as super cheap earbuds go these http://www.wired.com/2015/06/mrice-e300/ are pretty great they have a weird cult following not as good as the shures but surprisingly decent for £12

I thought that was a weird looking olive

Rainmaker

Banned
I need the three all-time best premium streams to show to a friend. Episodes of things like UPF and TNT count.

(backflips and bioforge excluded because that is definitely being shown)

My fav has always been Drew's North Korea stream and possibly the Iceland trip. I wish they did stuff like that more often of Drew being places lol

I can't believe I forgot about that. One of he best things the site has ever done.

sneaky77

I need the three all-time best premium streams to show to a friend. Episodes of things like UPF and TNT count.

(backflips and bioforge excluded because that is definitely being shown)

My fav has always been Drew's North Korea stream and possibly the Iceland trip. I wish they did stuff like that more often of Drew being places lol

Zomba13

Watching the latest Vinnyvania now and it's driving me slightly nuts that they aren't going for the health in the bird nest once they get inside the clocktower. Or can you not break the eggs without killing the bird?

EDIT: Welp, seems like they can't Austin mentioned chat says that the door locks if you get the egg meat but Vinny was surprised and didn't know that so I dunno.

Castlevania question.

Is the final boss of Rondo of Blood harder then the opening of SOTN or are they 1:1?
Off hand, I believe Dracula needs less hits to go down in SOTN, also Richter is far more mobile making dodging Dracula easier. (Of course if you use Maria in Rondo she has some of that mobility as well.)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
late-game Factorio is a drag. once you've got your production lines nearly/fully automated, it just turns into a thing where you let the game run for an hour while it researches the next tech tier. you might have to rearrange a thing here or there or repair an object but all of what makes it fun is gone.

of course this is after 15-20 hours so it's not really that bad
What if you could pay, say 1,99$ to speed things up a little? How does that sound to you?

kvothe

hard to really land the satirical notes for a culture they probably don't know particularly well

Yeah, as ethnocentric as I'm being, the thought of Rockstar satirizing a non-western location or culture seems... Inappropriate? I know they themselves aren't American and that they certainly have targeted other cultures within their US-set game, but the thought of them going all-out on a non-western city seems weird. They've perfected faux-America. But whatever, I'm sure they could pull it off.

hard to really land the satirical notes for a culture they probably don't know particularly well

It's not like they were masters of satire to begin with. I'd rather have them take risks with a new location than do Vice City for the fourth time.

Hell, they should just revisit the pseudo-future thing they had going on with GTA 2 if they're going to do the same city again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom