• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded Clash Royale.

The things this website makes me do.

It's a pretty good game.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's not pay 2 win in the sense that you can steadily progress with the starter cards, even in the high-end levels of the playerbase alot of the basic cards are commonly used.

LiK

It's a pretty good game.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's not pay 2 win in the sense that you can steadily progress with the starter cards, even in the high-end levels of the playerbase alot of the basic cards are commonly used.

the fact that Brad hasn't paid a single cent and is still enjoying it will make me check it out soon. altho i rarely play games on my phone these days. i'd prefer to just check twitter and GAF during my commute.

Myggen

I can try but I probably won't even be awake at that time. What is it that I would have to do?

That matrix thing def the banner

Nothing much, just a title like Giant Bomb's All Day Oculus Launch Stream or something like that, with maybe the time it starts in the title too. The thread should just be the header with the basic information of What, When, Where, with the Where being links to the stream on the site and YT. Put the thread up about 30 minutes before the stream starts. But if you're not awake for the start of it it might be a bit difficult.

What time does the stream start for you?

It's a pretty good game.

Yeah it's super fun. The shortness of matches makes it surprisingly tense.

I've exhausted what I can do now though as I've got as many cheasts as I can and no gems.

Yeah it's super fun. The shortness of matches makes it surprisingly tense.

I've exhausted what I can do now though as I've got as many cheasts as I can and no gems.

Yeah. That's a valid way to play too, play 4 matches a day, open the chests, then be done for the day. Or you can be ballsy and go for the trophies after you're done, but man. It's so damn good. And the gem stuff isn't that bad compared to Clash of Clans, where jesus christ it takes so long to upgrade and get resources.

the fact that Brad hasn't paid a single cent and is still enjoying it will make me check it out soon. altho i rarely play games on my phone these days. i'd prefer to just check twitter and GAF during my commute.

Yeah. Dan seems to be enjoying it too(And buying the currency, compared to Brad) It's a fun game. Most fun I've had in a long while, and a game that makes me want to keep playing it just because it's fun.

Yeah. That's a valid way to play too, play 4 matches a day, open the chests, then be done for the day. Or you can be ballsy and go for the trophies after you're done, but man. It's so damn good. And the gem stuff isn't that bad compared to Clash of Clans, where jesus christ it takes so long to upgrade and get resources.

What do trophies get you?

Do you have to be a certain level to open more than one chest at a time? Cause it's only letting me do one but feel like I remember Brad opening multiple.

One thing that usually puts me off with mobile game is bad UI but this is pretty slick. Everything moves so quickly too, really well put together.

What do trophies get you?

Do you have to be a certain level to open more than one chest at a time? Cause it's only letting me do one but feel like I remember Brad opening multiple.

One thing that usually puts me off with mobile game is bad UI but this is pretty slick. Everything moves so quickly too, really well put together.

Trophies get you to higher arenas, which get you higher leveled chests(So for example, the chests that you have should say 'Arena 2' or 'Arena 1'.) They include more cards and more gold and also unlock newer cards to be dropped(If you click the arena in the center of the menu, it shows you the possible drops and you can scroll down and see future drops.)

Unfortunately you can only unlock 1 chest at a time unless you have gyms :x that's the downside to it.

And yeah, the matches load quick and it just looks nice in general on a phone.

Myggen

It starts at 10 for me

I'll put it up at 9

Good man.

God, adjusting for daylight saving time tonight is gonna screw with me because the schedule on the site always takes some time to catch up. What sense does it make that the US adjusts weeks before Europe?

The stream starts at 5PM for me so lots of time to do if any of you guys can't so, things are always in good hands. I'm not good at photoshop though but I'm sure anyone can make the banner and all at the very least till monday.

Myggen

The stream starts at 5PM for me so lots of time to do if any of you guys can't so, things are always in good hands. I'm not good at photoshop though but I'm sure anyone can make the banner and all at the very least till monday.

The Jeff Matrix VR one is already perfect, no photoshop needed!

robotrock

Banned
Why are they getting to work so early for this VR stream? 7am sounds insane.

Unless the Beast team is manning the first half of it.

Myggen

Why are they getting to work so early for this VR stream? 7am sounds insane.

Unless the Beast team is manning the first half of it.

All GBWest, they talked about going to work at 7am at the end of UPF. Either they think this will be a reaaaaaaally long stream, or they have something they need to do near the end of the day so they scheduled this in very early.

jaina

All GBWest, they talked about going to work at 7am at the end of UPF. Either they think this will be a reaaaaaaally long stream, or they have something they need to do near the end of the day so they scheduled this in very early.
That thing at the end of the day should be the Bombcast recording

I wonder if they expect to need to give each person a break from the VR stuff, and maybe have to be rotating people around to make sure they cover everything they possibly can?

They said it was an all day stream no?

I assume it'll be like the PS4/Xbone launch streams where they just spend the majority of the day trying out the different apps/product in multiple ways.

The Jeff Matrix VR one is already perfect, no photoshop needed!

I meant for the banner and all like "Another Quality Live Broadcast from Your Friends at Giant Bomb" in fancy letters and stuff but if it's just the Jeff Matrix VR with the stream subtitle and timing under the picture then I'll post it just 2 - 3 hours(or whatever time we agree on) before the stream itself. I'll of course then update it once the stream starts with the link by posting it as a new post then editing it in the OP.

Edit: This way no one has to wake up early but if one already wants to do that thread and doesn't mind waking up early then that's good as well.

I can't wait for the VR stream. Though, I think I'll be even more excited for the eventual PSVR stream in October (they've got to be doing a stream for all 3 headsets, right?). Especially for the social games where one person is in VR and the rest are playing the same game on the TV.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also I really want to know how much bohemian rhapsody is going to played either in VR trailers or VR related videos.

Megasoum

Banned
Re-watching the Fallout 4 Quicklook...

I realized that I just played 8h of the game and I kinda don't want to go back....but I still miss it?

Like I miss doing quests in the fallout world, the combat, the exploration and discovery... The dumb and weird encounters in the wasteland etc etc. All that stuff is fucking great in Bethesda games.

However the weapon crafting, the base building, the new leveling system.... Ugh... I dunno... It's kinda overwhelming and a complete buzzkill.

It's fucking bumming me off. I'm almost tempted to re-install Skyrim for some reason... Or Fallout 3 even

I realized that I just played 8h of the game and I kinda don't want to go back....but I still miss it?

Like I miss doing quests in the fallout world, the combat, the exploration and discovery... The dumb and weird encounters in the wasteland etc etc. All that stuff is fucking great in Bethesda games.

However the weapon crafting, the base building, the new leveling system.... Ugh... I dunno... It's kinda overwhelming and a complete buzzkill.

It's fucking bumming me off. I'm almost tempted to re-install Skyrim for some reason... Or Fallout 3 even

I found the base building far too daunting. I prefer the more pre-fabbed nature of the Skyrim Hearthfire DLC. The houses you build in that would probably still end up looking better than anything I'd make in Fallout 4.

I think it's just the nostalgia.

Like, I miss being able to play Fallout 3 for the first time, exploring the world they crafted.

By fallout NV, that feeling was over. Yeah you miss being able to play those games for the first time, but you don't get that feeling anymore. It's gone forever like...tears in the rain.

Megasoum

Banned
I think it's just the nostalgia.

Like, I miss being able to play Fallout 3 for the first time, exploring the world they crafted.

By fallout NV, that feeling was over. Yeah you miss being able to play those games for the first time, but you don't get that feeling anymore. It's gone forever like...tears in the rain.

That's why I'm thinking about maybe downloading Fallout 3 instead of New Vegas...

I played like 80% of NV on my first playthrough but never finished.

But then I tried multiple times to start a new playthrough but never stuck through it so I've seen the first couple of hours 4-5 times by now.

Fallout 3 on the other hand I did finish (with all the DLCs even) but I only played it once and that was a very long time ago so my memory of it is very vague.

Skyrim is the Bethesda game I've played the most by far (110h on Steam) but I've done most of the big stuff already and my character is pretty much min maxed so it got boring.

Edit:.... Wait a sec... WTFFFF... How the hell did I managed to get to 2016 and NOT have Fallout 3 on my Steam account? I played the game on 360 originally but still... That's ridiculous...

justjim89

Might I suggest Morrowind? It's probably my favorite of Bethesda's worlds to get lost in. That game is like comfort food to me.

I'm with you on Fallout 4, though. I put about 50 hours into it, beat the main quest and loved it, but there's a real tedium to it that keeps me from wanting to go back. I'd much rather play more Fallout 3 or New Vegas, at this point.

Megasoum

Banned
Might I suggest Morrowind? It's probably my favorite of Bethesda's worlds to get lost in. That game is like comfort food to me.

I'm with you on Fallout 4, though. I put about 50 hours into it, beat the main quest and loved it, but there's a real tedium to it that keeps me from wanting to go back. I'd much rather play more Fallout 3 or New Vegas, at this point.

Yeah I never played Morrowind but I feel like it hasn't age really great if you don't have the nostalgia for it.

Also... Speaking of daunting and intimidating game lol

Edit: Also... Both Morrowind and Fallout 3 are 22$CDN each on steam...lol... Come on Bethesda...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's the upkeep that kind of gets to you.

Anyway, play stalker if you want your post apocalyptic nuclear wasteland fix.

justjim89

True... I never played more than 3-4 hours of Stalker....

Which one is the good one again?

Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat are the most beloved ones. SoC is first, and it's the one I have the most experience with. It's really great, but a lot bleaker than Fallout. The games are all moddable as hell, too.

Also, it's not really nostalgia that makes Morrowind great. Skyrim was my first Bethesda game shortly after release, and only after that did I dig into the back catalog. It's rough around the edges and school, sure. But the world has so much atmosphere and character to it. Has a great sense of place.

Jintor

Speaking of post apocolyptic.

A few months back I travelled up to Sendai province in Japan. We took the train out to one of the rebuilt stations and walked up to a mountain.

Along the way was tsunami devastation territory, and that was an... interesting experience, walking through that.

A lot of the roads were rebuilt, but the houses weren't touched, apart from the temporary housing still in the high school. The wild growth had retaken a lot of the place. There were bits of railroad twisted and wrecked here and there.

It was a surreal feeling. I didn't really want to take any photos, because it seemed... disrespectful somehow, and we were there to hike a mountain anyway, not for desolation tourism. But it was a pretty bleak vista, and a very unique experience.

What I'm saying is you should play Tokyo Jungle.

I'll say what I say every time Bethesda discussion comes up, which is that you could just play Shivering Isles, which all (/ most of) the fun of Morrowind's world but with actually reasonable mechanics.

Megasoum

Banned
I'll say what I say every time Bethesda discussion comes up, which is that you could just play Shivering Isles, which all (/ most of) the fun of Morrowind's world but with actually reasonable mechanics.

Again... Oblivion is another one I haven't played much.... Sigh

Looks like Fallout 3 is having a bit of a tough time running on Windows 10... Sigh... I might still have it on 360? Not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom