• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just watched Dan and his fiance's twitter video plead to be part of the contest, and that was kind of frightening.

I'm all for them doing what they want(and Taco Bell should be their choice if they desire), but at a certain point this has twisted into something that really doesn't seem to be about the wedding at all anymore, which is a shame.

louiedog

31d6be9788.png

ACE 1991

Just watched Dan and his fiance's twitter video plead to be part of the contest, and that was kind of frightening.

I'm all for them doing what they want(and Taco Bell should be their choice if they desire), but at a certain point this has twisted into something that really doesn't seem to be about the wedding at all anymore, which is a shame.

Lmfao dude let Dan and his fiancee live their lives. Yeesh.

Lingitiz

They weren't even going to have a ceremony to begin with, so...

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but isn't that special treatment at this point? Or did all respectable submissions become eligible to vote?

I believe eligibility was based on social media reach - like retweets and such. Dan's entry had a lot reach, much more than most others, but he got left out; seemingly for been too popular (if that was really the case).

There could be something else weird going on. For example, Dan works on CBS, and I am sure Taco Bell must run adverts on a lot of CBS properties, some maybe there is conflict of interest there?

If he got left out for been too popular, then I think he is right to complain, as there was nothing stated to disqualify him beforehand. I think he is right to complain any to get Taco Bell to better explain their own rules (which are here, if anyone wants to comb the fine print).

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but isn't that special treatment at this point? Or did all respectable submissions become eligible to vote?
They said they followed all their guidelines and got a sizeable response. How does that not make them eligible?

hamchan

Taco Bell just screwed their biggest fan. Time for Dan to stop eating it forever and see their profits drop by 5%.

I believe eligibility was based on social media reach - like retweets and such. Dan's entry had a lot reach, much more than most others, but he got left out; seemingly for been too popular (if that was really the case).

There could be something else weird going on. For example, Dan works on CBS, and I am sure Taco Bell must run adverts on a lot of CBS properties, some maybe there is conflict of interest there?

If he got left out for been too popular, then I think he is right to complain, as there was nothing stated to disqualify him beforehand. I think he is right to complain any to get Taco Bell to better explain their own rules (which are here, if anyone wants to comb the fine print).

They said they followed all their guidelines and got a sizeable response. How does that not make them eligible?

Ah didn't realize eligibility at this stage was purely social media reach. Then yeah that's crazy and they should look into it.

louiedog

cd0e03c5dd.png

Maybe the social media backfire will result in Del Taco offering to sponsor Dan's wedding at one of their fine eateries.

Cartman86

Banned
I look forward to the Demo Derby-esque video in 15 years time looking back at Dan's video. I mean he basically made the same Playstation Gamer Advisory Panel thing...bless him for that.

Vitacat

OK, I know I'm probably gonna get beat up for this, but...

I don't know this person and have nothing for or against him, but why is his marriage relevant to the gaming discussion forum?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
OK, I know I'm probably gonna get beat up for this, but...

I don't know this person and have nothing for or against him, but why is his marriage relevant to the gaming discussion forum?
Dan is an Internet Video Game Personality who sometimes Personalities about Taco Bell

Nah but for real Dan is great

Top Bottom