• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

I don't understand why people like Dan. His schtick is so fucking tired. "what's air? What's dirt? Why is the sky blue?" He's like having an annoying toddler on your podcast asking childish questions every five minutes. No one gives a shit about explaining air to you, Dan, let the grown-ups talk. It was amazing when he left the Bombcast and they got back to conversing like grown adults.

Good luck in your taco endeavor, Dan, I'm sure you'll make your gross cult of personality very happy.

what's wrong with you

cordy

Banned
Hot damn.

tumblr_inline_njkm4o6bLy1sscu6n.gif
Completely boring unless he's doing stuff outside the ring?

kFGLEr4.png

Celegus

This is the most Dan thing ever and I fully support it! This has to happen!

Edit: Ugh, seeing some of the replies in here. There's a reason I stopped going to GB GAF threads, I just don't get why some people are so hateful. If you don't something or someone, fine - but how is sharing that contributing in any way to the conversation at hand? Disgusting behavior.

Good luck in your taco endeavor, Dan, I'm sure you'll make your gross cult of personality very happy.

And I'm sure he'll have a blast with his fiance doing something they both think will be hilarious and fun.

People who are genuinely angry about this must live sad, sad lives. How dare somebody do something they think will be fun and entertaining with the person they love!

Call the fun cops!

I don't understand why people like Dan. His schtick is so fucking tired. "what's air? What's dirt? Why is the sky blue?" He's like having an annoying toddler on your podcast asking childish questions every five minutes. No one gives a shit about explaining air to you, Dan, let the grown-ups talk. It was amazing when he left the Bombcast and they got back to conversing like grown adults.

You sound like a pleasant human being.

I like how most people that shit on Dan can't do it without sounding like a pompous ass.

Stop wasting your time on random haters who pop into threads to tell everyone how much they dislike the thing/person the thread is about. You'll help make the world a better place, for you and for me.

I dunno, the people bringing a healthy dose of reality to these chuckle fucks is part of what keeps me disagreeing with friends that neogaf is a hateful abrasive place.

It's always so disappointing to see these gross personal attacks on someone who reads and posts on GAF. You don't find Dan entertaining? That's fine, but some of the stuff people say crosses the line.

bobawesome

How I imagine Dan when he's reading posts like this:

yOqDltg.gif

Erekiddo

You gave a shit enough to construct this post.

It's always so disappointing to see these gross personal attacks on someone who reads and posts on GAF. You don't find Dan entertaining? That's fine, but some of the stuff people say crosses the line.

These are the sorts of people who are ill-equipped to actually talk to other human beings. But online is different or something I guess.

dude fuck you, you suck. Jeff wouldn't want you watching the stuff he and GB produce because you're a jerk.

conversing like grown adults, shut up dude. i just started the latest bombcast and Jeff and Jason were talking about all the pooping they do after drinking coffee

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah people complaining about Dan living his life the way he wants strike me as people frustrated with not being able to express themselves as freely as he does, specially those that make it so personal and come here just to express their distaste in such hateful terms. It's envy, plain and simple.

"Let the grown ups talk", yeah, because Giant Bomb's content is a paragon of intellectual discussion and insight -_-

If you are actually looking for a site whose message is directly to go deeper into games and the industry at large, go to Waypoint.
But you aren't looking for that, you just have an irrational hatred for a man on the internet.
Waypoint Radio is my favorite podcast, I'm not insulting them. #bastionfucks

You say this, but the hatebase is just as gross, so yeah, mirrors and glass houses

I honestly feel like we are all actors in Dan's Truman Show existence. He simultaneously works in videogames and wrestling, and thousands tune in everytime he goes to Taco Bell. Basically, it's Dan Ryckert's world and we're all just living in it. Thank goodness he's entertaining.

Him getting married in a Taco Bell seems like the next logical step.

HvySky

Why get so upset, though?

Haines

Banned
I can't eat taco bell.

Loved it as a kid but I pretty much don't recognize it as food so j stay away.

Sometimes I get jealous of Dan's eating habits.

SexyFish

Banned

You must be fun at parties.

That's who he is, you can check old Game Informer video/audio or listen to stories from his dad to confirm it. He's hilarious and unique. Trying to belittle someone and call them a child is a pretty dick thing to do.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

You should grow up.

dude fuck you, you suck. Jeff wouldn't want you watching the stuff he and GB produce because you're a jerk.

conversing like grown adults, shut up dude.

How is this any better than what he posted? 'dude fuck you, you suck?' You're not gonna make it past being a junior with a childish attitude like that.

Dan pretty much welcomes this kind of thing, his entire internet persona is built around these kinds of responses, he found a way to take the negativity pointed towards him and profit from it. A lot of people can't really see through Dan's subtle(?) art of being a heel, so it's no surprise that some people just flat out can't see through the comedic act and find his persona/fanbase enraging.

Erekiddo

I'll agree that Dan is kind of an idiot.

But he's my idiot.

And a lovable one.

He had gigantic shoes to fill with Ryan's passing. All he's done is promote a wealth of new content ideas for GB, which was getting somewhat stale.

Also, his dad is hilarious.

Stop talking like this about an actual person you goddamn idiot. I know the internet gives people like you enough distance and anonymity to talk down at people and feel superior, but you should still have enough sense to know you are talking about an actual person. If you have something critical to say, then find a better way to say it. If you cannot accomplish that, then keep it to yourself. You have no right to treat him, and others that work the same style of job, like a character from a TV show that you can tear apart and analyse.

Blablurn

I will support u with everything I have, Dan

Stop talking like this about an actual person you goddamn idiot. I know the internet gives people like you enough distance and anonymity to talk down at people and feel superior, but you should still have enough sense to know you are talking about an actual person. If you have something critical to say, then find a better way to say it. If you cannot accomplish that, then keep it to yourself. You have no right to treat him, and others that work the same style of job, like a character from a TV show that you can tear apart and analyse.

well said, keyser

How is this any better than what he posted? 'dude fuck you, you suck?' You're not gonna make it past being a junior with a childish attitude like that.

Dan pretty much welcomes this kind of thing, his entire internet persona is built around these kinds of responses, he found a way to take the negativity pointed towards him and profit from it. A lot of people can't really see through Dan's subtle(?) art of being a heel, so it's no surprise that some people just flat out can't see through the comedic act and find his persona/fanbase enraging.

i guess it's childish yea, but does that other guy really deserve a well reasoned mature argument when his original post is just pure hate? It's tough to take the high road when people are just that awful

Fucking child.

Also, the Bombcast conversing like grown adults? Young adults at best, c'mon son.

A wedding at a Taco Bell is going to happen with or without Dan Ryckert but if it doesn't happen with him then it's not worth doing. He has to win, the circle will be complete, he was born for this.

Zampano

Dan is cool and is living the fun life he wants to live. And making a living out of it. Makes people jealous I guess.

Let the guy get married where he wants and don't be so judgemental.

I will support this endeavour!

Dylan

One bad poster and suddenly the entire thread turns toxic. Don't let it happen, GAF!

Anyway, I hope Dan wins, but I can't shake the feeling that this contest was literally created for Dan.

I want to be a fly on the wall at Taco Bell's marketing HQ:

"So that Dan Rykert guy is getting married"

"I wonder if we could convince him to have his wedding catered by Taco Bell? That would be great PR."

"Hell, he would probably get married IN a Taco Bell if he had the chance."

*Unanimous Laughter*

"...."

"Holy Shit."

The most shocking of all is Dan getting married. His wife would have to teach him how to change a spare tire or how a mortgage work.

I just feel bad for the other contestants honestly.

And Dan is a magical human being, with the same unashamedly inquisitive nature that is found in all great scientific minds. I hope he keeps asking the big questions.

jg4xchamp

I always looked at it as Dan thinks he is a heel; but really he is a face. Brad is the true heel of Giantbomb. Triple H tier heel, especially the burying part.

It can become tiresome when Dan lays it on thick, but he's a good guy and GB wouldn't be the same without him.

I wish him the best of luck in his Taco Bell Marriage. It seems too perfect.

Top Bottom